switching between IPHONE and REMOTE CONTROLLER
2069 8 2017-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bapski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56171 ft
United States

would it be possible to link both my IPHONE and REMOTE CONTROLLER to the SPARK?

this way id be able to use my Iphone whenever its more handy to use rather than taking out the RC and hook it up with an OTG cable.

i seem not able to successfully LINK both at the same time and establish a connection to whichever i feel handy.

if this is possible, i probably might not be following the correct write-ups. a link to a proper write-up would be very much appreciated.

thank you in advance.
2017-8-1
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

i am unsure of your question but if your asking if its possible to beable to link them so you can switch back and forth between the RC and phone while the drone is flying then no. that would be impossible. but, you can EITHER use your phone as the controler OR you can use the RC as the controler. when using the RC you need the phone linked to the RC in order to fly at all. Forgive me if i am misunderstanding your question. may i suggest you read the manual as well? there a lot of things that could cause you to crash land or worse if you dont fully understand the drone.
2017-8-1
Use props
bapski
lvl.3
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-1 09:39
i am unsure of your question but if your asking if its possible to beable to link them so you can switch back and forth between the RC and phone while the drone is flying then no. that would be impossible. but, you can EITHER use your phone as the controler OR you can use the RC as the controler. when using the RC you need the phone linked to the RC in order to fly at all. Forgive me if i am misunderstanding your question. may i suggest you read the manual as well? there a lot of things that could cause you to crash land or worse if you dont fully understand the drone.

sorry if my post was unclear but you are CORRECT to understand that i would want to switch back and forth between the RC and my IPHONE.

thanks for the reply.
2017-8-1
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

bapski Posted at 2017-8-1 09:59
sorry if my post was unclear but you are CORRECT to understand that i would want to switch back and forth between the RC and my IPHONE.

thanks for the reply.

you certainly can switch back and forth. but you have to land the drone, hold the power button for 3 seconds for switching to the RC or 6 seconds for phone and then take off again. but you can not do it on the fly.
2017-8-1
Use props
bapski
lvl.3
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-1 10:02
you certainly can switch back and forth. but you have to land the drone, hold the power button for 3 seconds for switching to the RC or 6 seconds for phone and then take off again. but you can not do it on the fly.

ok thanks.  i guess the timing is whats making me fail. i thought hearing the beeps was enough.

so to be clear. link both RC and IPHONE. then when i want to switch from RC to IPHONE i press 6 seconds and will LINK automatically or do i have to look for the SPARKS wifi and LINK again? and vice versa?
2017-8-1
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

bapski Posted at 2017-8-1 13:21
ok thanks.  i guess the timing is whats making me fail. i thought hearing the beeps was enough.

so to be clear. link both RC and IPHONE. then when i want to switch from RC to IPHONE i press 6 seconds and will LINK automatically or do i have to look for the SPARKS wifi and LINK again? and vice versa?

you may have to select the sparks wifi you you shouldn't have to. i don't mean to beat a dead horse but you need to read the manual. i usually never read manuals for anything i have ever owned because i find it useless but for something that fly's it is very important. you could really hurt someone.
2017-8-2
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-2 01:28
you may have to select the sparks wifi you you shouldn't have to. i don't mean to beat a dead horse but you need to read the manual. i usually never read manuals for anything i have ever owned because i find it useless but for something that fly's it is very important. you could really hurt someone.

unless the RC remote is also turned on.. then you need to select the spark's wifi or when you are near a known wifi connection like your house wifi... (just incase)

2017-8-2
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

eylneb Posted at 2017-8-2 02:01
unless the RC remote is also turned on.. then you need to select the spark's wifi or when you are near a known wifi connection like your house wifi... (just incase)

yes thank you for clearing that up, i didn't think about other wifi connections!
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

If your mobile has connected with Remote Controller before, please disconnect the RC and then contact with aircraft WiFi. The below may help you understand it better.
Disconnect the RC.png
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules