Spark Good For Novice / Beginner?
2126 5 2017-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Y2JDMBFAN
lvl.1
United States

I'm limited in my drone experience to a Dromida Ominus FPV that I didn't quite fall in love with 2 years ago. Played with it a few times, but it has been sitting in the box since. Would the Spark be an OK drone for a novice / beginner like myself? Just want to be able to fly it around take some videos, etc. The Ominus was a bit hard to control reliably. I know these are 2 different classes of drones.
2017-8-1
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

first, the spark isn't exactly a toy.   second of all, with beginner mode enabled, definitely is very easy

reccomending it is kind of interesting thing..   right now, i cannot suggest the spark over a more mature platform from DJi, because the spark has a bad reputation right now
2017-8-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am a beginner, and I love this drone.  I'll admit to some level of extreme caution (paranoia), so I've not jumped into "sport mode" frequently.  My primary use case is for pictures and video, so there isn't much advantage to "speed" for me.  I've tried to practice all kinds of maneuvers with the drone in a park before I use it in the real world, so that I know what behavior to expect.  I don't fly when winds are >10mph.  I don't fly when visibility is <3 miles.  I don't fly >400 feet above ground altitude.  Indoors or in crowded environments (trees) I use tripod mode.  Only once did I ignore a warning about gps and compass, and I learned from that to never ignore those warnings.

If you know you are a beginner, and if you fly to your capabilities, I think you'll be fine.
2017-8-1
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes. It has a lot of 'pros'. Don't think, however, that you're going to be able to take it out of the box and do the stuff that you see being done in the advertisement. Much of that shouldn't be done in the first place, but that's a different story. If you do get the spark, I'd recommend getting the 'fly more' so you'll have the remote. For a person new to this, I wouldn't trust using gesture or a mobile device as my only methods of control.  I know the fly more is $700, but it's the way to go.

Having said that, you could get a 'proven' drone refurbished for less - Like a phantom 3 advanced perhaps.  If the small size of the spark is what is attracting you, then go for it. As said above, just take it slow and you'll probably be fine.  There have been some reported issues that do not appear to be any type of pilot error - hopefully you'll get a working sample (as the vast majority have).
2017-8-1
Use props
Jeetley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123944 ft
United Kingdom

take your time with it and you will be fine..its very easy to control and shoot pics and vids..dont try to too too much too soon.build your confidence up slowly..
2017-8-1
Use props
Advan031
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161663 ft
United States

This is my first drone (quad copter at that) and I found it very easy to fly. Read the manual and fly in wide open spaces and you should be fine.
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules