IMU Calibration
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Doormanpgd
New

United Kingdom

I'm new too this forum, I got my P4 in January, and had endless pleasure up too doing the new firmware, I flew my P4 today, oblivious too the warning my IMU needed calibrating, I nearly lost it to the sea, but managed to get it home, now Ive gone back too factory settings, and re downloaded firmware, but when I try too calibrate the IMU, each time I get three quarters through level 1 the drone symbol tips over 45* and calibration crashes, what can I do please?
2017-8-1
Use props
djiuser_tEsxxq4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157890 ft
Italy

After ur post i'm afraid to update to new firmware.who knows if i lose waranty if i not update to new firmware for p4 advance????? To many problems with p4adv!
2017-8-1
Use props
yakkka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1826755 ft
United Kingdom

I seem to be getting more issues with my IMU now since the update
2017-8-1
Use props
Doormanpgd
New

United Kingdom

yakkka Posted at 2017-8-1 13:41
I seem to be getting more issues with my IMU now since the update

My advice too all, is DO NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE, its a ticking time bomb
2017-8-1
Use props
oldyorkmatt
New
United States

I updated and my drone is bricked now also. "Forward Vision Sensor Calibration Error." There is no way to calibrate it. DJI needs to fix this asap.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Do you refer Phantom 4 Advanced? We would recommend you to check whether the firmware refresh is successful and make sure the IMU calibration is conducted on a horizontal place and do not move it when calibrating.
2017-8-1
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-1 18:55
Do you refer Phantom 4 Advanced? We would recommend you to check whether the firmware refresh is successful and make sure the IMU calibration is conducted on a horizontal place and do not move it when calibrating.

Hi DJI Susan. Can you elaborate on your 'do not move it when calibrating' comment. The calibration process requires you to do just that - to move the craft to various angles so that it can create an appropriate baseline for the IMU sensor.
2017-8-1
Use props
Doormanpgd
New

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-1 18:55

I'm the author of this thread, we are referring too P4, and the story seems to be the same every where on here, my P4 is now grounded, as I can not achieve an IME calibration, without it crashing at stage 1
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-1 19:07
Hi DJI Susan. Can you elaborate on your 'do not move it when calibrating' comment. The calibration process requires you to do just that - to move the craft to various angles so that it can create an appropriate baseline for the IMU sensor.

Thanks for reminder. Unless the APP reminds you to change the angel, please do not move the drone when calibrating.

@Doormanpgd, I understand your feeling and very sorry about this. While I do not think it was caused by the firmware update for now, and would recommend you to contact our support team via support.eu@dji.com and send it in for a fully check.
2017-8-3
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Doormanpgd Posted at 2017-8-2 01:44
I'm the author of this thread, we are referring too P4, and the story seems to be the same every where on here, my P4 is now grounded, as I can not achieve an IME calibration, without it crashing at stage 1

What do you mean by "crash"?

Is it the Go App that crashes, or the aircraft that crashes?

If it just gets stuck then it could be that you are moving the aircraft to the wrong angle or in the wrong direction.  When it tells you to move the aircraft the first time, you roll it from horizontal until it is supported by its right landing gear and right arms...
2017-8-3
Use props
Bosse4
New

Sweden

Any news about this problem?

The drone (phantom 4 advanced+) requires an IMU caibration, which goes right up to about 95% then stops and goes back to the sensor page. After restart 3 of 4 sensorn are excellent, but the fourth has "data error".
Any suggestions? Factory reset?

Thanks
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules