Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Sparkfirmware needs sorting out asap,,,till then im grounded
2033 19 2017-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LRAB
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197559 ft
South Africa

now every facebook group post or every second forum thread is about spark horror stories. there needs to be some sort of communication from you with regards to what your customers need to do. if your machine is faulty and needs new firmware stop letting people fly it until you have sorted it out. when is there going to be a new firmware??? my spark is grounded until then, i cant afford to have mine just randomly drop from the sky and not have you honour the warranty ''because the black box stopped recording'' as so many people have made clear your answer is.
2017-8-1
Use props
moh_rafiudeen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

Hello LRAB, did you try flying it in low altitude(just 2 or 3 meters abouve ground) just to check if you have got a faulty piece. not all pieces are faulty may be..
2017-8-1
Use props
LRAB
lvl.3
South Africa

Yeah everything seems fine but there are people who have flown over 50 flights to have there's just drop and I mean many people
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Apologies if this bothers you. Flight safety and product reliability are top priorities. Our engineers are still working on this and we do not want give you any misled information. Do you have the similar experience? Could you PM your case number? We will look into it.
2017-8-4
Use props
lafoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

LRAB Posted at 2017-8-1 23:35
Yeah everything seems fine but there are people who have flown over 50 flights to have there's just drop and I mean many people

You have done 49km with your spark so far... so... I think it is ok.
2017-8-4
Use props
Lian82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

I have app that clears flights, but I know I did about 4.30 / 5 hours flight.

Total km approx. 13/15.

I'm low with numbers.........Surely it is higher.
2017-8-4
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

there is a post from a user that had 129 flights and a drop so there is no algorithm to this issue . i am waiting for a firmware or a DJI statment now.
2017-8-4
Use props
LRAB
lvl.3
South Africa

yeah i think there must be some sort of environmental factor making these sparks trip out. maybe its really hot areas or something. but knowing that even experienced pilots are having there drones drop out of the sky shows that in cases pilot error is not the reason, maybe some but im hard pressed to find a scenario where a pilot can make his drone just fall out of the sky besides the esc . i like to fly my drone far away aswell which is more daunting cos i know ill probably never find it if it just decides it wants to turn off. and then there is the question of why are people only getting 30% coupons when dji admits its not pilot error??? i wanna know if my drone falls out the sky ill have a warranty replacement based on my flight logs, doesnt seem thats happening
2017-8-5
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Well, electronic malfunctioning could happen. Sometime with yours sometime with others. I said once in this forum that Dji has been selling more than 100,000 drones but very few of them, in percentage, encounter problem. I myself bought many Dji quads. 2 P3s, 2 P4s, 2 Mavics, 2 Inspires , 3 Sparks, half dozen of Naza-M and I have never had single problem. I would say that there is no garantee that the when new firmware is released your Spark will not fell off the sky. It may not fell off even with current firmware. It may never fell off with any release of firmware. So if you will be so worry you may never fly your Spark ever.
2017-8-5
Use props
realstreetuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-8-5 03:37
Well, electronic malfunctioning could happen. Sometime with yours sometime with others. I said once in this forum that Dji has been selling more than 100,000 drones but very few of them, in percentage, encounter problem. I myself bought many Dji quads. 2 P3s, 2 P4s, 2 Mavics, 2 Inspires , 3 Sparks, half dozen of Naza-M and I have never had single problem. I would say that there is no garantee that the when new firmware is released your Spark will not fell off the sky. It may not fell off even with current firmware. It may never fell off with any release of firmware. So if you will be so worry you may never fly your Spark ever.

Wow you must have a really high paid job to have that many dji drones...lol or
dont have a wife nagging about cost etc lol
But Hats off to you !!
2017-8-5
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

I am addicted to drones. Just could not help not buying them.
2017-8-5
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

lol, im going to get a mavic pro either before end of this year or maybe next year..depends if DJi launched mavic pro 2 and what the Mavic Pro 2 offers.. if its just minor upgrades that make a good bit of difference ill probably get 1st gen when it costs little less after second gen launches..  if 2nd gen is big update then i may get that... but until then, im definitely loving my spark!
2017-8-5
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

How about the Phantom X?
2017-8-5
Use props
Mattymatt
Canada

I am waiting for a DJI official statement about the flyways and other issues related to the spark before I purchase mine. I don't want to spend a lot of money only to be stressed out all the time or worse, lose the drone. DJI, it certainly is not appealing to customers who see these issues yet the best you do is offer 30% off and blame it on user error, that's not the way the most successful companies conduct their business.
2017-8-5
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Perhaps you should give up buying a drone. Anything that flies it may fall eventually. That is why the governor does not allow flying aircraft in city area.
It is the same when you own a car, it may crash someday, unavoidable. Don't want a crash, ride public service. Don't want to lost a drone, don't buy it. Or buy an insurance.
2017-8-5
Use props
Mattymatt
Canada

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-8-5 04:37
Perhaps you should give up buying a drone. Anything that flies it may fall eventually. That is why the governor does not allow flying aircraft in city area.
It is the same when you own a car, it may crash someday, unavoidable. Don't want a crash, ride public service. Don't want to lost a drone, don't buy it. Or buy an insurance.

That's an awful comparison. A car doesn't suddenly get a mind of its own and accelerate into a wall or drive off on its own while you leave it parked. Sure, the drone can crash due to a pilot being irresponsible just like a car, but it should not fly away on its own.
2017-8-5
Use props
RoyTeo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45194 ft
Singapore

i believe environment plays a part. I've not heard of any sparks falling in my country. However, just today i heard of a mavic that fell because of lost of GPS and the same time another phantom hit a tree because of failed gps and even the National Day Parade which was suppose to have 300 intel drones as part of the show grounded because they all had GPS errors..somehow in my country recently, things are losing GPS signals!
2017-8-5
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

The comparison means it is the nature of things. The drone falls when there is something wrong with pilot or aircraft. The car crashes when it runs into something either by driver error or machanical failure like sterring or breaking system break down.
2017-8-5
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

So, no matter how good it is produced, be prepared to lost it when it up in the air. There are a lot of factors that cause the drone to fall or fly away. For example, a solar flare during flight or a sudden strong turbulance at high level or any tempolary failure of internal circuit of a specific Spark unit, rc, relevant component of mobile device etc.. These can happen at anytime. The more sophisticate the system is, the more component involved and every of them may fail any moment.
2017-8-5
Use props
LRAB
lvl.3
South Africa

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-8-5 07:01
So, no matter how good it is produced, be prepared to lost it when it up in the air. There are a lot of factors that cause the drone to fall or fly away. For example, a solar flare during flight or a sudden strong turbulance at high level or any tempolary failure of internal circuit of a specific Spark unit, rc, relevant component of mobile device etc.. These can happen at anytime. The more sophisticate the system is, the more component involved and every of them may fail any moment.

people need to stop saying this, the mavic and phantom yes had issues but they got sorted out. these things yes can malfunction, then warranty must be honored fully (not a 30% coupon). and there are loads of sparks droping out the sky, not just a few, many go unreported, but have a look on facebook and these forums and you will be inundated with spark falling posts
2017-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules