Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI you forgot to send the monitor mount.
1609 9 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is very odd.  I thought this was an out of the box solution as would be the numerous little clips you have of people with mounted CS's that you have given away pior to launch. What are these reviewers getting free gear yet we can't even get the proper gear?  TO make it even more of pain, DJI's own tripod doesnt work as the hole/thread is convieniantly too small.
I believe ya'll should work this out for those who waited this long for the CS when they are other great options on the market.  We were loyal to you,  don't you think its fair to give back to your consumer DJI?
Single SelectVote, Total 18 people participate in voting
88.89% (16)
11.11% (2)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-8-2
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI made 4 unique mounts for Crystalsky, which one should be included? Phantom mount, Osmo pro/raw mount? Mavic/spark mount and Osmo+ mounts are still not available yet.

3rd option: DJI should have made the Crystalsky mount bracket somehow fit into a phone holder, like most of the 3rd party solution; Crystalsky tab at bottom https://goo.gl/cTTBPb
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Because CrystalSky also works with Osmo, the monitor mount will be useless for Osmo users. So the monitor mount is an option, customers can select if he/she needs it.
2017-8-3
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Much like the battery charger, which is another option.  I understand the DJI thought process as far as making the mount and battery chargers options:  if you include all the possible mounts and a stand alone battery charger, costs are increased and IF you are a Phantom 3 or 4 owner, you are paying for a battery charger that you do not need - and packaging cost is also increased.

I'm not an apologist for DJI but it's time that people take responsibility for doing their own homework.  My only advice to DJI would be to advertise that options are required for successful use.

As for me - while I have my 7.85 Ultra on pre-order, I have already purchased a 100 watt Phantom 4 Charger (while I am a Mavic & Spark pilot) and the MavMount for the CrystalSky.  I'm ready to receive and use my CrystalSky Ultra.  

As always - YMMV
2017-8-3
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Flight distance : 727641 ft
Germany

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-8-3 04:19
Much like the battery charger, which is another option.  I understand the DJI thought process as far as making the mount and battery chargers options:  if you include all the possible mounts and a stand alone battery charger, costs are increased and IF you are a Phantom 3 or 4 owner, you are paying for a battery charger that you do not need - and packaging cost is also increased.

I'm not an apologist for DJI but it's time that people take responsibility for doing their own homework.  My only advice to DJI would be to advertise that options are required for successful use.

Where did you get the Mavic mount for CS?
2017-8-3
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

CrystalSky MavMount
2017-8-4
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some good argumments above.  You almost changed my mind, so  playing Devils Advocate here,  besided the Mavic what other drone would need and altered mount…The Phantom 4 Series and Inspire Series.  I'd be very suprised if there are people ONLY with a Spark that will be using a Crystal Sky—seems like an extremesly weird purchase, why not just get Phantom 4 Plus with mon?…  It seems that it would have been nice if they could AT least , the very least put a conversion kit for the Phantom and Inspire Series (Did ya'll say the CS fits the Mavic)?

The only thing that is extremely frustrating is the shape for the battery.  It really hinders your ability for a number of fixes.  I also think the screw (insert) placement in the bottom does nothing to help with mounting with current proprietary mounts.  So off to Home Depot.  I'll just make one.  I am just generally frustrated iwth DJI, perhaps this wasn't the right battle.

(And DJI,  pleae stop editing my posts!!!)
2017-8-4
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

@Heir InVioLable - I was not attempting to change your mind, rather just pointing out that IF DJI had included every conceivable mount in the box, it would increase the cost - and if / when DJI releases next generation Aircraft / Controllers, the owners of those future models would be upset by getting all the (potentially) unusable mounts, but by having to buy yet another mount to fit their (future) aircraft.

I just think DJI should be more forthcoming about what you will have to buy to actually use your CrystalSky monitor..

In my opinion I am a real fan of the fact that the monitor attaches to its mount by (2) bolts.  I'm currently flying my Mavic and Spark with a number of different iPads and while the iPad Mini 4 fits within the arms of both controllers, it's just a pressure fit.  When I fly with either the 9.7 or 12"  iPad Pro tablets in the MavMount - it's still just a friction fit - though the MavMount is a lot of friction.  With the two bolts that attach the CrystalSky mount to the CrystalSky monitor, I'm not worried about anything falling out.  Again, this is just my opinion, but it's also one less thing I have to worry about.

Good Safe Flying!
2017-8-4
Use props
Mountaindrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

specific mount for the different device are very expensive (89 €/$ !!)
2017-9-13
Use props
Mountaindrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

with 2 or 3 device (Mavic  + Osmo + Phantom/Inspire) you need buy 3 x 89 € = 267 € of mount !!!

Maybe Dji could offer a pack with 2 support for 100 € by exemple
2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules