Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Suddenly BLANK map window in DJI GO 4
12Next >
7492 51 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GregW
New
Flight distance : 1055305 ft
United States

I am definitely not a noob but I feel like one right now. What the heck is going on with my map view? I think this happened after DJI GO 4.1.5 update. Preanswering... IOS, iPad 4 Mini, GPS on, Cellular and WiFi on, no errors or warnings, all other telemetry fine, happens with Standard, Satellite, and Hybrid views, connection is normal, flight records sync fine, flies fine. Has been flawless since day one.

IMG_0884.png
2017-8-2
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Did you say GO 4 on ipad mini 4?
2017-8-2
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Yup, that is what he said...
2017-8-2
Use props
GregW
New
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-8-2 05:44
Yup, that is what he said...

Right. And i have one person saying uninstall / reinstall but to me, that feels like thrashing rather than debugging.
2017-8-2
Use props
Visualkaos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

did you restart your device?  That has helped mine in the past.  
2017-8-2
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

GregW Posted at 2017-8-2 07:44
Right. And i have one person saying uninstall / reinstall but to me, that feels like thrashing rather than debugging.

Uninstall/reinstall/rebooting are time-honored ways of fixing recalcitrant computing devices, and are always the first steps towards diagnosing a problem.

2017-8-2
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Uninstall and re-installing is the advise you get from DJI Support... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and then you havo to learn to live with it and wait for the next update...
2017-8-2
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Please let us know if a reinstall fixes things...
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Greg, we feel sorry for the inconvenience first. Have you tried to restart the APP and re-connect the WiFi? Please let us know if the issue remains, we will look into it.
2017-8-2
Use props
GregW
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-2 23:19
Greg, we feel sorry for the inconvenience first. Have you tried to restart the APP and re-connect the WiFi? Please let us know if the issue remains, we will look into it.

I had hoped that by supplying all of that detail in the initial post, I would eliminate the very simple response suggestions. I assure you, I have already tried all of the obvious attempts to reset and restart.

If you cannot confirm this is a problem with 4.1.5 release, then it seems like uninstalling and reinstalling is the best suggestion. I am concerned about losing flight history and flight records. Are you sure that if I uninstall and reinstall and then synchronize, that hotels, flight history, and all of the app settings will come back?
2017-8-4
Use props
GregW
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-2 23:19

I had hoped that by supplying all of that detail in the initial post, I would eliminate the very simple response suggestions. I assure you, I have already tried all of the obvious attempts to reset and restart.

If you cannot confirm this is a problem with 4.1.5 release, then it seems like uninstalling and reinstalling is the best suggestion. I am concerned about losing flight history and flight records. Are you sure that if I uninstall and reinstall and then synchronize, that hotels, flight history, and all of the app settings will come back?
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GregW Posted at 2017-8-4 02:30

We can not confirm the exact reason for now. Before uninstalling the APP, please remember to sync all your flight records to the server successfully.
2017-8-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

GregW Posted at 2017-8-4 02:30

Works fine on my Mini 2, fwiw. Lots of folks here are using the Mini 4 so I think we'd have heard more complaints if this were a widespread problem with v4.1.5.
2017-8-4
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298875 ft
Australia

I have just updated to the 4.1.5 version on the GO 4 app using my Ipad Mini 4 and my map window is blank also.  I was checking some settings before the update and it was working then after the update the map window went blank. Does anyone know of a fix for this?
2017-8-7
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.1
Australia

I have just updated to the 4.1.5 version and my map window is blank also.  I was checking some settings before the update and after the update the map window went blank. Does anyone know of a fix for this?
2017-8-7
Use props
Marty Markoe
Captain
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansfb11ee43 Posted at 2017-8-7 02:39
I have just updated to the 4.1.5 version on the GO 4 app using my Ipad Mini 4 and my map window is blank also.  I was checking some settings before the update and it was working then after the update the map window went blank. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Try testing with another mobile device. This is just to confirm the problem is not the mobile device.
2017-8-7
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.1
Australia

Marty Markoe Posted at 2017-8-7 04:45
Try testing with another mobile device. This is just to confirm the problem is not the mobile device.

I was thinking about loading the GO 4 app onto my iphone 5 and seeing if the problem is the same.  If the problem is not on my iphone I will look to reinstalling the GO 4 app on my Ipad 4 mini and see if that resolves the problem.  I will give it ago in the next couple of days, fingers crossed.
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansfb11ee43 Posted at 2017-8-7 04:58
I was thinking about loading the GO 4 app onto my iphone 5 and seeing if the problem is the same.  If the problem is not on my iphone I will look to reinstalling the GO 4 app on my Ipad 4 mini and see if that resolves the problem.  I will give it ago in the next couple of days, fingers crossed.

Is the issue remained if changed the scaling to World Map? How about the build-in map of IOS devices? Please try to switch on the ios map and search for your current location and switch to satellite map to see it it works.
2017-8-8
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-8 01:58
Is the issue remained if changed the scaling to World Map? How about the build-in map of IOS devices? Please try to switch on the ios map and search for your current location and switch to satellite map to see it it works.

Hi DJI Susan,

Would you please give me some instructions of how to do this, I'll attempt to give it ago after work today.
2017-8-8
Use props
medicrx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118455 ft
United States

I too have an ipad mini 4 and have the exact same problem.  I have rebooted/restarted everything multiple times.  I cannot load any maps whatsoever.  It is just a gray box.
2017-8-8
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.1
Australia

Hi DJI Susan,

I open maps on my IPAD 4 Mini and went to satellite and can see my current location.
2017-8-9
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.1
Australia

Hi DJI Susan,

I opened maps on my IPAD 4 Mini and went to satellite and can see my current location.

I have just installed the GO 4 app on my Iphone 5 and the maps work.

Around the same time my Ipad did a IOS 10.3.3 update.  I would say as the Maps work on my Iphone 5, that it may well be the recent IOS update as I can also no longer load videos from the Album within the DJI app to my Ipads Photo's Albums section also.

2017-8-9
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.1
Australia

Hi DJI Susan,

I have  installed the GO 4 app on my Iphone 5 and the maps work.

Around the same time my Ipad did a IOS 10.3.3 update.  I would say as the Maps work on my Iphone 5, that it may well be the recent IOS update that is causing the problem as I no longer can load videos from the Album within the DJI app to my Ipads Photo's Albums section.

Did doing  a reinstall of the GO 4 app work for GregW on his Ipad 4 mini?
2017-8-9
Use props
medicrx
lvl.1
United States

If I do a reinstall of the iOS app, will I lose all my settings?
2017-8-9
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

medicrx Posted at 2017-8-9 04:52

I just went through that and I  had to fix up my settings.
2017-8-9
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

My Ipad Mini4  128gb from Best Buy just arrived. I loaded all my apps and sure enough,  I have the problem (DJI Go4 does not show a map).  Reboot/power up/down, does not fix it. I uninstalled and reinstalled DJI Go4  and all is good.  This is necessary and sufficient to fix this.
2017-8-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

medicrx Posted at 2017-8-9 04:52

You will. Make sure you sync your flights before reinstalling.
2017-8-9
Use props
fans987d278a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-9 06:03
You will. Make sure you sync your flights before reinstalling.

Are these map issues you guys are having , with HERE maps?
Another reason I stuck with Google maps, plus on android, here maps were very hard to read/focus.
2017-8-9
Use props
medicrx
lvl.1
United States

fans987d278a Posted at 2017-8-9 06:16
Are these map issues you guys are having , with HERE maps?
Another reason I stuck with Google maps, plus on android, here maps were very hard to read/focus.

I believe the iOS app uses google maps.  I don't think you can change it with iOS, maybe i'm wrong, regardless, the issue is for whatever the default maps are.
ATM I am just being lazy and dealing with it because I do not want to have to redo all my settings.  Hoping an update will solve the problem.
Happy flying!
2017-8-9
Use props
Bill in Ohio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you were out of cellular contact and wifi as well, then you need downloaded map of your area.  By any chance were you out of cellular contact?
2017-8-9
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.1
Australia

Hi DJI Susan,

Just giving you an update on my progress so far.

1. I have  installed the GO 4 app on my Iphone 5 a couple of days ago and the map works.

2. Around the same time my Ipad 4 mini did a IOS 10.3.3 update.  I would say as the Maps work on my Iphone 5, that it may well be the recent IOS update that is causing the problem as I no longer can load videos from the Album within the DJI app to my Ipads Photo's Albums section.  (I will now see what happens when I do below)

3. Last night my Iphone 5 did a IOS 10.3.3 update also.  When I get home from work I will give the Iphone 5 a test with the RC and the Phantom 4 drone connected and see if the map comes up, if it does I will then do a reinstall of the app on the Ipad 4 mini as a reinstall worked for WolfgangStiller message number 25#.
2017-8-9
Use props
Terry G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1773327 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-2 08:14
Uninstall/reinstall/rebooting are time-honored ways of fixing recalcitrant computing devices, and are always the first steps towards diagnosing a problem.

The uninstall and reinstall worked for me today
2017-8-9
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.1
Australia

Terry G Posted at 2017-8-9 17:15
The uninstall and reinstall worked for me today

Thanks for your input Terry G, I will uninstall and reinstall the app tonight after I have syced and screen shot all my current settings.
2017-8-9
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.1
Australia

FIXED - doing the install and reinstall of the DJI GO 4 app on a Ipad 4 mini fixes the problem.
2017-8-10
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.1
Australia

I spoke to soon, the BLANK MAP SCREEN is back, it happen after straight after I synced the flight records.  Looks like I will have to Clear local flight records.

Anyone having this problem also???
2017-8-10
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.1
Australia

I spoke to soon, the BLANK MAP SCREEN is back, it happen after straight after I synced the flight records.  Looks like I will have to Clear local flight records.

Cleared local flight records and reinstalled app, fortunately all my settings must be stored on the SD card in the drone.  Have maps again . Fingers crossed from here, not going to sync again.
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansfb11ee43 Posted at 2017-8-9 04:41
Hi DJI Susan,

I have  installed the GO 4 app on my Iphone 5 and the maps work.

Thanks for your attention. Please sync your flight records before re-installing. I have not got any feedback for now. The issue has been reported to our engineers and they are looking into the exact status.
2017-8-10
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

fansfb11ee43 Posted at 2017-8-10 02:24

I did a sync on my Mini4 with no issues (map still shows).  I don't think clearing the flight data is necessary but that shouldn't do any harm either.  Over on MavicPilots at one person said they had to uninstall/reinstall more than one.  This is a really odd bug.
2017-8-10
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-10 05:00
Thanks for your attention. Please sync your flight records before re-installing. I have not got any feedback for now. The issue has been reported to our engineers and they are looking into the exact status.

Yes, I synced before the first time I uninstalled on ipad 4 mini, as I had loaded the GO4 app onto my Iphone 5 I synced that also which picked up my flight records.  When I reinstalled the GO 4 app back onto my Ipad  4 mini I had maps working until I went to sync to get the flight records back onto my new install on my Ipad 4 mini, that's when the map window went blank again. I then cleared local flight records to see if the map would work again but it didn't so I uninstalled and reinstalled the GO 4 app again and the map window works again.
By the way the GO 4 app map works fine on my Iphone 5 and I have all the flight records there.
2017-8-10
Use props
fansfb11ee43
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-10 05:00

Hi DJI Susan,

When you read previous reply to this message you will see that I thought syncing my flight records caused my Map screen to go blank.

BLANK SCREEN AGAIN

When I got home I decided to turn on everything without flying to test that all was ok.

The first time I turned had maps and all working, I then turned everything off again after about 10 minutes and had a cuppa. The next time I turned everything on I a had map up and all was well for the first few minutes and suddenly the Map screen went blank again. So it couldn't have been the syncing my flight records that caused the problem.
It just goes blank for no reason that I can see.
2017-8-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules