Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Suddenly BLANK map window in DJI GO 4
7504 51 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansfb11ee43 Posted at 2017-8-11 04:36
Hi DJI Susan,

When you read previous reply to this message you will see that I thought syncing my flight records caused my Map screen to go blank.

Noted with thanks! Our engineers are investing this and we will contact you as soon as there is any update.
2017-8-14
Use props
medicrx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118455 ft
United States

I see there was an update to iOS google maps yesterday. Has anyone updated and know by chance if this solves the problem? I have not yet updated and was just curious to see if it possibly fixes this problem.
2017-8-15
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-14 01:26
Noted with thanks! Our engineers are investing this and we will contact you as soon as there is any update.

Note, be sure your engineers are aware this bug seems to be iPad Mini specific (maybe even Mini4 specific).  In any case the problem is easiest to reproduce on the Mini4 since there are a lot of reports on the Mini4.  I found I can  reproduce the problem. Here are the steps:
(I am a software engineer myself so I know how hard it is track something like this down)

1)  Have a factory new Mini4 or just do a factory reset.
2)  Have a working iPhone or other iPad that works normally with Dji Go4 and the Mavic. (that was my situation).
3) Do a new user setup on the Mini4 and allow the App Store to migrate/install  DJI Go4 on the Mini4 (using the same AppleID for the Mini as the other device)
4) Now login to DJI GO4 on the Mini4 and try to fly the Mavic. You will see everything works fine but the map display is missing.
5) An uninstall and reinstall with fix the problem and the map display will be back.

(This was my experience twice so I think your engineers may be able to track down the problem with these steps.)

Good luck!
2017-8-15
Use props
rreindl
First Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

I am having the same blank map issue with my iPad mini. I have to uninstall and reinstall the dji go app to get it to work so far a few times.
2017-8-15
Use props
Liberty Air
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180820 ft
Czechia

Hello, just count me in. I have exactly the same problem after upgrading to the latest DJI Go 4. Apple iPad 2017 and Mavic Pro.
The iPad is on data, of course. Even the Find My Drone map in DJI Go is working. Only the live map is gone.

Btw, here is one more thread:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-107737-1-1.html
2017-8-21
Use props
Noitzadrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112746 ft
United Kingdom

Liberty Air Posted at 2017-8-21 00:26
Hello, just count me in. I have exactly the same problem after upgrading to the latest DJI Go 4. Apple iPad 2017 and Mavic Pro.
The iPad is on data, of course. Even the Find My Drone map in DJI Go is working. Only the live map is gone.

I had this problem today with my iPad Air 2 (tried reboot -already running v4.1.5 - etc etc etc) and found this DJI Admin reply to another posting

*** This precise action worked for me  .....no reinstall necessary ***

https://forum.dji.com/thread-75950-1-1.html
If the problem persists, please lock the the compass in upper right corner of the map.
Then exit the map interface and back to the homepage.
Then enter to the live video page which will solve the map problem.

2017-8-21
Use props
Liberty Air
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180820 ft
Czechia

Noitzadrone Posted at 2017-8-21 10:47
I had this problem today with my iPad Air 2 (tried reboot -already running v4.1.5 - etc etc etc) and found this DJI Admin reply to another posting

*** This precise action worked for me  .....no reinstall necessary ***

Noitzadrone, excellent and easy fix! Thank you very much, sir.
2017-8-23
Use props
rebecca021
New

China

Cache files are generated to accelerate an app itself. However, the cache files are useful to the app that creates them only. So if you want to speed up your iPhone, you may need to clear the app cache and junk files on the device. So how to clear app cache on iphone?

Steps of How to clear iPhone cache:

2018-2-6
Use props
CGBASS439
New

United States

I have a P4 Advanced Plus with the Android Device comes with the remote. When 1st got it Mapbox worked fine. Stopped working last week, black screen. I deleted all my stored offline maps and downloaded one for area around my house. Went outside to fly, powered everything up and had maps. But I got a "2.4 Hz interference" warning. And realized my smart device was picking up my home wifi. I turned the wifi off on my device and black map screen came back. I should have mention earlier that I haven't updated device, R/C, and P4 lately. And was working fine last week.
2019-1-28
Use props
Kuruppu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 501877 ft
  • >>>
Sri Lanka

I have Same Problem P4 pro + V2 Remote
2019-4-13
Use props
Kuruppu
lvl.1