Phantom 4 Controller (Downgrade Firmware)
6302 8 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirMazing
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

Upon upgrading to latest firmware, my controller no longer fully charges.

I would like to downgrade my firmware to see if that is the cause. However when I enter the downgrade hidden screen, there are no available "firmware for downgrade" options. Am I supposed to separately download the firmware I want to downgrade to?
2017-8-2
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problem, had to send the controller in. There is no official way to downgrade firmware.
2017-8-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Connect display device (with good wifi connection) to RC and power both up (aircraft off).

Run DJI Go, on initial screen (where it displays aircraft type etc) at top right hand corner you will see a 'graduation hat' icon (or perhaps three lines if DJI Go 4). Hold your finger on that for about 5 seconds and release. You should now see a black screen appear with an option to roll back RC firmware (you may have to sellect V1.6 in the roll down menu). Make sure RC is well charged, takes about 5 minutes or so. Power down when complete. Restart all and check all working, you may need to relink RC to aircraft.
2017-8-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you're referring to the aircraft firmware then there is no DJI roll back path, only the controller.
2017-8-2
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.2
United States

You arent goint to be able to downgrade without hacking it.  No idea why Ardvark thinks you still can.  Maybe he knows something nobody else does.  DJI has seen to it that we are all now stuck with crappy firmware that has screwed up MANY of our toysF!
2017-8-2
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

connect without the craft turned on and you can access the controller's firmware version via the hidden menu in GO.
2017-8-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jeffames226 Posted at 2017-8-2 11:09
You arent goint to be able to downgrade without hacking it.  No idea why Ardvark thinks you still can.  Maybe he knows something nobody else does.  DJI has seen to it that we are all now stuck with crappy firmware that has screwed up MANY of our toysF!

Aardvark thinks you can because he was referring to Controller (See title), which you can roll back.
2017-8-2
Use props
kyriakos
lvl.1
Greece

Hi guys.
I am owner of a Phantom 4 and I have problem with my RC.
Two days ago I updated my RC with the last firmware.
I would like to downgrade the firmware to previous one because I have some problems between RC and AC.
Via DJI GO for drones since P4, I have the message below.

1. My equipment is Phantom 4 advanced and not Phantom 3
2. My current and last firmware is 1.5.80 and the popup window suggest me to downgrade to 1.8.0 or 1.6.0?
3. I tried one of them and of course the downgrade failed.

Any help?
2017-11-28
Use props
knightfoxx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25571 ft
Malaysia

kyriakos Posted at 2017-11-28 11:25
Hi guys.
I am owner of a Phantom 4 and I have problem with my RC.
Two days ago I updated my RC with the last firmware.

I got the same issue as you. I can't downgrade my remote controller's firmware. I'm currently on the followings:

Aircraft Firmware: v02.00.0106 (2017-07-06)
Remote Controller Firmware: v1.9.3.0
DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.2.8

I found the above aircraft firmware to be the most stable in comparison to the latest rubbish whereby it totally kills my compass 1 and compass 2's sensitivity (rendering them useless). Reverting to the lowest version allows me the compass sensitivity again.

Unfortunately, the current RC firmware is rubbish. I could only afford 100M of distance before I lose transmission due to weak signal. I have never encounter this before until now.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules