Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I wonder why...
1138 10 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

I've been recording in 2.7K and after flying using my iPhone 6 plus, I can't download the video to the phone while connected to the controller. I get a message that says I can't download resolutions greater than 1080p. However, when flying with my iPad Air 2 it will allow me to download the 2.7K files while connected to the controller. Is there a setting I need to change on the iPhone or the MP to get 2.7K videos to download?

2017-8-2
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

The issue is somewhat muddled due to lack of documentation and because DJI support says the app can only handle 1080p, but I believe the issue of video compatibility is actually device-specific where your iPad Air 2 can handle the video but your iPhone 6p can't. I haven't tested this myself but have seen similar reports here.
2017-8-2
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-2 08:18
The issue is somewhat muddled due to lack of documentation and because DJI support says the app can only handle 1080p, but I believe the issue of video compatibility is actually device-specific where your iPad Air 2 can handle the video but your iPhone 6p can't. I haven't tested this myself but have seen similar reports here.

Ahh! Maybe tha'ts why I am having issues filming in 4K, get lots of jello & jitter using Samsung Tab A6, but it is doing the same thing in the videos recorded to the SD Card and the Go 4 App cache.

Any Ideas? Didn't have this problem when using Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Phone.
2017-8-2
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-2 08:18

Thanks for the response. I thought the 6 plus and the Air 2 had the same chip set but I could be wrong. A lot of topics are not well documented so this forum is indispensable.   
2017-8-2
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-2 08:30
Ahh! Maybe tha'ts why I am having issues filming in 4K, get lots of jello & jitter using Samsung Tab A6, but it is doing the same thing in the videos recorded to the SD Card and the Go 4 App cache.

Your connected device model/type should have no effect whatsoever on the quality of the video saved to the Mavic's MicroSD card. You should start a new thread and post some video we can look at to help you figure it out.
2017-8-2
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2017-8-2 09:12
Thanks for the response. I thought the 6 plus and the Air 2 had the same chip set but I could be wrong. A lot of topics are not well documented so this forum is indispensable.

Looks like they're slightly different, but the iPad versions also have twice the RAM, which for all I know might be the real limiting factor.
2017-8-2
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-2 09:57
Looks like they're slightly different, but the iPad versions also have twice the RAM, which for all I know might be the real limiting factor.

10-4 Starting a new thread.
2017-8-2
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Ok, so I tested this tonight with my iPhone 7 and I was able to transfer 2.7K movies to my phone via Go 4, but nothing higher. For the 4K sample download attempts I got a failure message saying either the video was 4K, slow-motion or less than 4 secs, so I think it's safe to say this is a device-specific limitation.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DJI GO app only support to download videos of 1080P or less resolution. To ensure the video quality, I recommend you to download higher resolution via PC.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-2 08:30

Does the issue appear when you record 2.7K or 1080P videos? Alternatively, I suggest you to test the performance with recommended mobile which have been tested and worked steadily.
2017-8-2
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-2 17:10
Ok, so I tested this tonight with my iPhone 7 and I was able to transfer 2.7K movies to my phone via Go 4, but nothing higher. For the 4K sample download attempts I got a failure message saying either the video was 4K, slow-motion or less than 4 secs, so I think it's safe to say this is a device-specific limitation.

Thanks for your efforts. I know I can buy a card reader for my iDevices but it's just easier to transfer the video files in the field before I pack everything up. It also allows me to further deplete the battery without flying. Since we know it's technically possible to transfer files greater than 1080p, maybe this will become a future enhancement.
2017-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules