Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can the lights on the P4 be changed to white?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martin_bogo
lvl.1
United States

I have seen the lights on the P4 blink Green, Red, and Yellow ... looking at the LED's they seem to have all three base colors (RGB)

For nighttime flying, it would be useful to be able to turn one or more lights white, especially for landing and low maneuvers.   

Is it possible to control the light color?

2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We are sorry that the color of LED lights are not available to change as they indicated the aircraft status. The below picture may help you have a better understanding.
Aircraft Status Indicator.png
2017-8-2
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287884 ft
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-2 19:30
We are sorry that the color of LED lights are not available to change as they indicated the aircraft status. The below picture may help you have a better understanding.

The information on this lamps a sort of helpful. May already too much information. I would prefer that the lamps shows during flight the international navigation light for aircrafts. At least red-port green-starboard  and white- stern.  That would make more Safty for all aircraft are the same) and would be more easy to navigate from ground.. fty . There is a reason why navigation lights in water and air vessel are international the same. The light code is just fine in close view. Basically all informations are or could be on the RC. If the connection fails..well- it comes back and land or to a new Threat here.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

T-R Posted at 2017-8-2 21:31
The information on this lamps a sort of helpful. May already too much information. I would prefer that the lamps shows during flight the international navigation light for aircrafts. At least red-port green-starboard  and white- stern.  That would make more Safty for all aircraft are the same) and would be more easy to navigate from ground.. fty . There is a reason why navigation lights in water and air vessel are international the same. The light code is just fine in close view. Basically all informations are or could be on the RC. If the connection fails..well- it comes back and land or to a new Threat here.

Generally, you can find all information on APP. In case that the RC and aircraft may lose connection, the LED lights will be helpful to locate the issue. I understand your concern, but the visual system doesn't work in the night so we do not suggest to fly in dark.
2017-8-4
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I am colour blind so I do not use them. So much on these craft rely on such colours which makes it hard for those of us who cannot see the difference.
2017-8-4
Use props
martin_bogo
lvl.1
United States

Well, the important thing learned here is that the LED lights cannot be changed to white.  This explains why there are so many light kits for the Mavic/Phantom/I2 ... and even the Spark.

I do fly indoors, and in the evenings --- especially in areas like warehouses, stadiums, sporting events and such.   Low light conditions are normal, and it would be good to have extra light on the UAV itself.

This just means that I will need to install 3rd party lights if I want to have a small amount of white light to see an area once the drone is ~3-5 meters from the ground.
2017-8-4
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Susan.
How is that:  forget the light information, who nobody can watch anyway by day. Because not bright enough. You said you don't recoment to fly by night, because the visual system dos not work.  So we don't need the blink information either.but we need a clear reflection in what direction the toy fly to avoid collision. Here we come back to the anti collisions light of aircraft and why they named like that.
More...reprogrmm The lights . On landing procedure switch them to white. All of them. Now the visual system can see the ground any get even the precisely landing done.
2017-8-5
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

embayweather Posted at 2017-8-4 03:32
I am colour blind so I do not use them. So much on these craft rely on such colours which makes it hard for those of us who cannot see the difference.

I think if you can get in there and solder some white lights it would be fantastic.
2017-9-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

T-R Posted at 2017-8-5 00:07
Susan.
How is that:  forget the light information, who nobody can watch anyway by day. Because not bright enough. You said you don't recoment to fly by night, because the visual system dos not work.  So we don't need the blink information either.but we need a clear reflection in what direction the toy fly to avoid collision. Here we come back to the anti collisions light of aircraft and why they named like that.
More...reprogrmm The lights . On landing procedure switch them to white. All of them. Now the visual system can see the ground any get even the precisely landing done.

You cannot get white light out of LED's that are red/yellow/green, there is no blue component. Besides, a white LED uses different technology. If you want strong white light, then buy some Lume Cubes and attach them: https://www.lumecube.com/
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules