Mavic Pro is automatically going up after launching
3505 9 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr.Jozo
New

Croatia

Hi, as tittle suggests, my mavic pro is automatically starts to go up after launching.After i disabled sensors for collisions, everything is perfectly fine.
Just to take in mind, i am launching Mavic from flat surface and with 12 satellites from which he is getting GPS.
Thank you
2017-8-2
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

This is usually caused by a problem with the downward VPS sensor that detects the distance from the ground, the reading from which is used to determine when to stop ascending upon takeoff. Make sure you don't have any debris blocking the sensor on the bottom and if you have any accessories attached to the Mavic (landing gear extensions, a tracking device, etc.) try removing them and see if the problem still occurs when the downward sensor is enabled.

If none of these applies then retrieve a DAT file from a flight where this happened, upload it to DropBox or a similar service, and put a link to it in this thread and someone will look at it. The DAT file is stored on the Mavic and instructions for accessing it can be found here. The correct file will have a time stamp that corresponds to when the flight occurred and will be at least tens of megabytes in size. I've seen at least one case where the VPS sensor appeared to simply be generating faulty readings and the Mavic had to be replaced, but I'd need to see the DAT file to know if you're experiencing the same problem.
2017-8-2
Use props
BowtieJC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196814 ft
United States

if you are using the auto take off it will automatically go up to 30 feet i believe and stop. or does yours just keep going up and don't stop?
2017-8-2
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Check your downward VPS Sensor, if you have something covering them the Mavic will just go straight up
2017-8-2
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

If you are using auto take off and accidentally hit the precision tick box, the mavic will rise to about 20' after takeoff and then stop.  Using auto take off alone will rise about 3 feet.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you tried what DroneFlying suggested? How is it going? If it is the same, please export the flight data via DJI assistant 2 for analysis.
2017-8-2
Use props
RoadRunner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 741588 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hello, having same problem, after a wile get error message (sorry don't recognized exactly)... like ultrasound sensor defect, back light turns into red, but bird stops to rises by itself. After complete restart and starting Mavic again, it rises by itself, comand down no efect, only by holding long(2-3sec) utomatic landing process starts. After 2-3 min flight time again error message ultrasonis sensor defect.... pleas find my dat file here at dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4pd7f ... 8_22-50-31.DAT?dl=0
THank you
Michael
2019-6-18
Use props
RoadRunner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 741588 ft
  • >>>
Romania

is there anybody who has read my post?
2019-6-19
Use props
Ghost Rider Vic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 795873 ft
Russia

I have the same problem. The latest firmware. I can say that my sensors are clean, there is no dirt dust.
Chronological order:
The battery lay for several weeks, it was about 60%. It came to the place, all the systems are normal (no warnings, ready to take off). He took off, climbed 50 meters. I realized that I did not have enough time to fly and take pictures. Landing a drone, replaced the battery. As it turned out, it was also about 60%. We start the engines as usual, sticks down to the center. The engines start and the rpm automatically increases and the drone starts to take off. I did not rise above 50 cm, I immediately pressed the stick down and the drone landed. After a reboot at the same place, the same thing happened.
Another day. Freshly charged battery. This is the same place (take-off point nearby). No problem. Normal take-off and landing. No abnormal behavior. On the street -1 degrees.

After a few weeks. Normal take-off and landing. No abnormal behavior. The drone was from a warm place. Dynamic flight at -18 degrees.
A few hours later, the problem. We start the engines as usual, sticks down to the center. The engines start and the rpm automatically increases and the drone starts to take off.
Did not fly, Landing a drone.
In the room. I changed different batteries. Calibrate IMU & Compas. Refresh Firmware. Same problem. At the start of the engines, they began to spin up and slow down at different intervals!
A few days later. Indoors, start and stop motors. No abnormal actions.

In general, the problem is not resolved. The problem is chaotic.
Latest firmware .510. and on Dji go4 on iPhone.
New firmware on batteries (automatic discharge)
2019-12-6
Use props
Ghost Rider Vic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 795873 ft
Russia

I think that the topic can be closed.
The answer is as follows, once I saw a video on YouTube how Mr. Stele mounts a racing drone. He says that when the engines spin themselves this is normal, they are not afraid of it. just need to be careful. Apparently this is how the flight controller introduces itself.
2020-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules