Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware V 01.04.0602 excellent
1920 36 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VIZ Produkcija
Second Officer
Flight distance : 646844 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

I saw that many critics of this firmware, but from the very beginning with him I did not have any problems.
I think the biggest problem is the ipad of the older generation.
I work with ipad pro 9.7 and everything works perfectly.
The other day I was in Bosnia and recorded these beautiful landscapes.

2017-8-2
Use props
Dobmatt
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I know that Go app has tendency to overexpose images by at least 1 EV, but you may want to brighten pictures a bit to add just little more vibrance, IMHO. And yes, beautiful landscapes indeed ... Hard  to believe what happen to this country not too long ago ...
2017-8-2
Use props
VIZ Produkcija
Second Officer
  • >>>
Serbia

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-8-2 13:10
I know that DJI Go app has the tendency to overexpose images by at least 1 EV, but you may want to brighten pictures a bit to add just little more vibrance, IMHO. And yes, beautiful landscapes indeed ... Hard  to believe what happen to this country not too long ago ...

I went to a German television to shoot an explosion of minefields, and by the way I recorded for myself this. I also talked to Bosniaks and Croats, I as a Serb, these are all wonderful ordinary people who have a lot of war and suffering. Unfortunately, deminers work there for 35 euros per day and a difficult economic situation like the rest and the whole of the Balkans.
2017-8-2
Use props
fansa5d4b060
New
United States

So, you're saying you have no,clue what the problem is, and look at me, look at me... Fun, try sport mode, and see that you cannot get over 45 mph no matter what now. Used to get up to 75 with a good tailwind...
2017-8-2
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-2
Use props
VIZ Produkcija
Second Officer
  • >>>
Serbia

djiuser_55RMcis Posted at 2017-8-2 13:45
So the dozens and dozens of other people who have issues are just experiencing the bugs "in their imagination".

It is widely accepted as some of the WORST firmware DJI has ever released. When the hackers delved into the code, they saw how buggy and bad it is.

I did not say that problems do not exist, but that this firmware works fine for me. There is no reason for such a reaction.
2017-8-2
Use props
Dobmatt
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_55RMcis Posted at 2017-8-2 13:45
So the dozens and dozens of other people who have issues are just experiencing the bugs "in their imagination".

It is widely accepted as some of the WORST firmware DJI has ever released. When the hackers delved into the code, they saw how buggy and bad it is.

He is a documentarist, photographer and filmmaker, not a speedomaniac. He wouldn't swoosh above at 50mph to film such scenery, or any scenery for that matter ... He - I assume - do not need to fly in stratosphere as well ... Or to chase planes at Kosovo airport ... etc, etc...

Therefore P4P is perfect to him as is, FW bugs or not, flight restrictions or not. P4P is also amazingly good to most of us, believe or not ...
2017-8-2
Use props
VIZ Produkcija
Second Officer
  • >>>
Serbia

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-8-2 14:38
He is a documentarist, photographer and filmmaker, not a speedomaniac. He wouldn't swoosh above at 50mph to film such scenery, or any scenery for that matter ... He - I assume - do not need to fly in stratosphere as well ... Or to chase planes at Kosovo airport ... etc, etc...

Therefore P4P is perfect to him as is, FW bugs or not, flight restrictions or not. P4P is also perfect to a majority of us, believe or not ...

Totally true. For me, the Fantom 4 Pro is an excellent spacecraft with a good camera.
2017-8-2
Use props
VIZ Produkcija
Second Officer
  • >>>
Serbia

In addition, I am satisfied with speed and tracking.

2017-8-2
Use props
VIZ Produkcija
Second Officer
  • >>>
Serbia

djiuser_55RMcis Posted at 2017-8-2 14:54
Oh - that makes sense! "Hello everyone! I announce that it works for me!" Wow! What an enlightening announcement!

The bugs people are talking about aren't the altitude firmware limitations. They involve things like NFZ bugs, a Smart RTH toggle taken away, and a bad downlink.

The mistake was in translation, I thought of a airplane and not a spacecraft. Besides, you know well what I mean. And I certainly speak English better than you Serbian, so there is no need for sarcasm
2017-8-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_55RMcis Posted at 2017-8-2 14:54
Oh - that makes sense! "Hello everyone! I announce that it works for me!" Wow! What an enlightening announcement!

The bugs people are talking about aren't the altitude firmware limitations. They involve things like NFZ bugs, a Smart RTH toggle taken away, and a bad downlink.

Aloha djiuser_55,

The Serbian makes perfect sense and speaks very diplomatically.  You have no cause to attack the Serbian.  Apparently, you are having problems with your DJI system.  This Forum is for problem solving.  Shall we solve your problem?  

Do not worry about the other people's problems because they do not want to solve their problems and they are not posting in this thread.  If they wanted to solve their problems they would be posting about the problem instead of complaining about DJI.  But, you are having problems and talking about your problems in this thread.  Shall we work on your problem?

The key with this Forum is it deals with problems until they are resolved.  In my case, I still have a problem that the 1500 DJI engineers are still working on.  This is cutting edge technology.  Not all problems are easy to solve.  My issue is resolved as a cutting edge issue that is still being worked on.  That is acceptable to me because I understand the nature of the beast that is cutting edge technology.  Everything else is a dream to fly and I am looking forward to flying my system when the minor problem I have is solved.

I hope this helps and persuades you to address your problems instead of being so disruptive.  A contributor said the other day that someone who posts to be disruptive is a "troll".  Why would anyone want to call someone a troll?  If you are being disruptive it is because your problem is really hurting you and you want to get attention for your problem.  That means you need to have your problem addressed until it is resolved.  You will feel a lot better about your DJI System then.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-2
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

fansa5d4b060 Posted at 2017-8-2 13:36
So, you're saying you have no,clue what the problem is, and look at me, look at me... Fun, try sport mode, and see that you cannot get over 45 mph no matter what now. Used to get up to 75 with a good tailwind...

I used to be irritated by this as well, but thinking about it from a technical aspect, this move will save your batteries from undue wear. This does NOT inhibit your drone from fighting headwinds - it only keeps it from overworking the electronics and batteries unnecessarily. I have done testing and found by paying attention to the power meter that into the winds it will give more power to the motors if necessary to fight it to stay at a good rate of speed if in sports mode. To me, this is what's important.
2017-8-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

VIZ, I think you just came in the door at the wrong time, buddy. Everybody's just a little on edge right now.
2017-8-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansa5d4b060 Posted at 2017-8-2 13:36

Aloha fansa5,

Apparently you are in the wrong type of flying.  You should be flying racing drones.  They have 1080p live view cameras and some  even have decent stabilization.  You have no business flying a camera platform at 75 mph.  If you crash it (and possibly cause problems as a result), you will just blame DJI and walk away.  Now you cannot do that and it appears to break your heart.

You have no business attacking the Serbian.  He is trying to be informative and diplomatic.  Someone pointed out that a forum contributor who is trying to be disruptive on a forum is a "troll".  But, I really do not think you are trying to be disruptive here, or are you?  Think about it.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-2
Use props
Peterc90
lvl.1
Australia

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-8-2 13:10
I know that DJI Go app has the tendency to overexpose images by at least 1 EV, but you may want to brighten pictures a bit to add just little more vibrance, IMHO. And yes, beautiful landscapes indeed ... Hard  to believe what happen to this country not too long ago ...

I was there about a month ago and fell in love with this part of the world. will take it over italy or france any day.
2017-8-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

VIZ Produkcija Posted at 2017-8-2 15:15
The mistake was in translation, I thought of a airplane and not a spacecraft. Besides, you know well what I mean. And I certainly speak English better than you Serbian, so there is no need for sarcasm

Aloha VIZ,

Nice video.  Haunting voice.  The trill is perfect.  Good job!  Do not worry about the complainers.  Their problems are overwhelming them and they cannot handle it well.

Keep up the good work.  Good luck with the minefield video.  The issue needs to be more public.  I am looking forward to more of your work.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-2
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks Viz. Your experiences and photos will always be appreciated on the forum. Ignore those who respond poorly to your good messages. There is nothing wrong with sharing good experience with the Phantoms, and there is nothing wrong with sharing bad experiences with the Phantoms, but there is Everything wrong with making unnecessarily agro comments towards someone sharing either.

To those making such unnecessary comments, if you've been following the threads in the P4 forum after its last release you'll be aware that there indeed are mixed outcomes following installation of that firmware. The P4P shares similar code, and a similar method of installation and update. The sad reality is that there is no consistency, and likelihood for successful operaton after update is ~ 50/50 - and there are many with No issues, while there are many with significant issues, and many in-between. Go figure. Hopefully DJI will work out how to make the update process more successful in the future.

If you're having issues with the firmware, just remember that there are many who aren't. My suggestion to you is to set your craft to factory default, and refresh the firmware on it at least twice. Sounds odd, but there are other threads which suggest that all controller drivers in each firmware 'pack' aren't necessarily copied over on the first installation.
2017-8-2
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I get HD transmission issues when I fly long range, lose connection, and then it seems to never really regain it properly. E.g. here is my display when flying closeby (~50 metres) after returning from a long range flight. I am running with an iPhone 7+:

2017-8-2
Use props
VIZ Produkcija
Second Officer
  • >>>
Serbia

Thank you all for the nice words. My goal is to help my personal experience, because I had problems before, but I solved them with this firmware. I had a problem with the horizon, then with the twitching of the camera during the recording, the loss of the signal, constant reporting of strong winds. I will explain in more detail how I solved those problems.
2017-8-2
Use props
VIZ Produkcija
Second Officer
  • >>>
Serbia

I had the most problems with loss of signal transmission at high temperatures, with the ipad mini 2. Since I sold it and bought the ipad pro 9.7, everything is completely different. It is very important to manually adjust the transmission quality and channel. Since when I select it on the ipad region of Serbia, I do not allow the manual dialing of the channel, then I choose the region of Thailand. Then I just got the opportunity to manually select the quality of the transmission and the channel. I chose to 5.8 ghz manually 20 channels, and the transmission quality of 4 Mbps, that is, the lowest.

In my country, the lawful use of unmanned aircrafts is regulated. The aircraft must not be lifted at a higher altitude of 100 meters, and still in the length of 500 meters. With these settings, I do not have any problems to stand it.
2017-8-2
Use props
VIZ Produkcija
Second Officer
  • >>>
Serbia

As for the installation of the firmware, I followed the following procedure: I installed the new firmware with the remote controller via the DJI Assistant 2, so I did the downgrade, and reinstalled the latest firmware. And has been working perfectly since. These are my personal experiences that I wanted to share with you. I'm glad if I helped someone.

2017-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks for sharing your videos and thoughts, it is great to hear from those who can sit down think and try to work out the best way for them to manage there P4Pro to get the best out of it.

Ignore the begrudgers you will find they have just arrived here to try to disrupt, mummy's boys who can't tell there #rse from their elbow, the slippery snakes who just wait in the long grass to pounce.

Good luck and look forward to seeing more of your work...
2017-8-3
Use props
VIZ Produkcija
Second Officer
  • >>>
Serbia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-3 01:17
Thanks for sharing your videos and thoughts, it is great to hear from those who can sit down think and try to work out the best way for them to manage there P4Pro to get the best out of it.

Ignore the begrudgers you will find they have just arrived here to try to disrupt, mummy's boys who can't tell there #rse from their elbow, the slippery snakes who just wait in the long grass to pounce.

Thanks a lot!
2017-8-3
Use props
AEROKAMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

VIZ Produkcija Posted at 2017-8-2 23:44
As for the installation of the firmware, I followed the following procedure: I installed the new firmware with the remote controller via the DJI Assistant 2, so I did the downgrade, and reinstalled the latest firmware. And has been working perfectly since. These are my personal experiences that I wanted to share with you. I'm glad if I helped someone.

Crowne Plaza Belgrade

Don't listen to the trolls. Only constuctive and helpful posts allowed here. As said Catecean "Drone On" and Film On.
BTW. I'd like to hear Blkan music rather then Matallica in your wedding video
2017-8-3
Use props
VIZ Produkcija
Second Officer
  • >>>
Serbia

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2017-8-3 02:00
Don't listen to the trolls. Only constuctive and helpful posts allowed here. As said Catecean "Drone On" and Film On.
BTW. I'd like to hear Blkan music rather then Matallica in your wedding video

This song was requested by the newlyweds
But I have for your real Balkan music, Serbian Folk Dance

2017-8-3
Use props
AEROKAMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

VIZ Produkcija Posted at 2017-8-3 04:20
This song was requested by the newlyweds
But I have for your real Balkan music, Serbian Folk Dance

Thanks. Goran Bregović and Emir Kusturica are well known in my country
2017-8-3
Use props
VIZ Produkcija
Second Officer
  • >>>
Serbia

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2017-8-3 04:40
Thanks. Goran Bregović and Emir Kusturica are well known in my country

Yes, they are top artists, in music and film.
2017-8-3
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31276 ft
United States

Nice videos Viz!

I just bought my P4P less than a week ago and upgraded the firmware right away without issue using DJI Assistant 2 on PC. Just had a problem with bad video to my Android phone and found I had not upgraded the controller firmware. After I did that, not a single issue.

So question for the experts, Punchbuggy said no rhyme or reason that it's 50/50 on success of firmware. I wonder if the P4P model specifically may have a better success rate than the other Phantoms.
2017-8-3
Use props
Mabou2
First Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

VIZ Produkcija Posted at 2017-8-3 05:01
Yes, they are top artists, in music and film.

Hi Viz,

I agree with others here, you didn't do anything wrong by posting a good report about your updates.   We don't get many positive reports in the forum (since people mostly come here with issues), but you definitely voiced a positive note in a crowd of EXTREMELY unhappy pilots, many of which who are devastated by the update problems (including myself).

So it is all good Viz.  

The only question or comment I have for you is, why are all of your photos and video so underexposed?  They are at least a couple of stops too dark.  Is this a creative decision?
2017-8-3
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

VIZ Produkcija Posted at 2017-8-2 14:50
In addition, I am satisfied with speed and tracking.

Active Track Profile Mode

Me too!!

2017-8-3
Use props
jdjeff
lvl.4
United States

Mabou2 said "The only question or comment I have for you is, why are all of your photos and video so underexposed?  They are at least a couple of stops too dark.  Is this a creative decision?"

It's due to the latest underexposed firmware bug.....bwaaahahah.  Just a little levity to ease the tension.
2017-8-3
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-3
Use props
VIZ Produkcija
Second Officer
  • >>>
Serbia

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-8-3 05:47
Hi Viz,

I agree with others here, you didn't do anything wrong by posting a good report about your updates.   We don't get many positive reports in the forum (since people mostly come here with issues), but you definitely voiced a positive note in a crowd of EXTREMELY unhappy pilots, many of which who are devastated by the update problems (including myself).

This is a consequence of post-production and a taste of

I record exclusively in D-Cinelike (-2-2-2), and the original recordings are correctly displayed.
2017-8-3
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful work BUT as mentioned before the entire scenes are dark. Are you using FILTER???
You need to work on the exposure. Good luck!
2017-8-3
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Steve Slechta Posted at 2017-8-3 05:29
Nice videos Viz!

I just bought my P4P less than a week ago and upgraded the firmware right away without issue using DJI Assistant 2 on PC. Just had a problem with bad video to my Android phone and found I had not upgraded the controller firmware. After I did that, not a single issue.

Hi Steve. I ran a poll of 'method used to update' for P4 users to come to a conclusion that there's as much chance of asuccessful as an unsuccessful update (86 responded with 29 saying OK, and 43 saying not OK - 14 decided not to update). There is more outrage on the P4 forum regarding new issues than on the P4P forum.
I own a P4P also which I updated to the latest a couple of months ago. It flys fine, although I don't see the horizon fix that others say works. But from my reading of those who had issues with the P4P was that the majority were due to confusion over the RC update, and the process to successfully do it.
I now recommend to people to reset the craft to factory default first, then do the Craft update TWICE (and for every battery if it incorporates a battery firmware update). These's anecdotal advice that the first refresh doesn't necessarily apply all driver updates (the firmware unpacks to individual device drivers).
2017-8-3
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31276 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-3 18:22
Hi Steve. I ran a poll of 'method used to update' for P4 users to come to a conclusion that there's as much chance of asuccessful as an unsuccessful update (86 responded with 29 saying OK, and 43 saying not OK - 14 decided not to update). There is more outrage on the P4 forum regarding new issues than on the P4P forum.
I own a P4P also which I updated to the latest a couple of months ago. It flys fine, although I don't see the horizon fix that others say works. But from my reading of those who had issues with the P4P was that the majority were due to confusion over the RC update, and the process to successfully do it.
I now recommend to people to reset the craft to factory default first, then do the Craft update TWICE (and for every battery if it incorporates a battery firmware update). These's anecdotal advice that the first refresh doesn't necessarily apply all driver updates (the firmware unpacks to individual device drivers).

Great. Thanks for the info. I had also done the upgrade on each battery as I had found something in the forums related.
2017-8-3
Use props
VIZ Produkcija
Second Officer
  • >>>
Serbia

dronist Posted at 2017-8-3 18:13
Beautiful work BUT as mentioned before the entire scenes are dark. Are you using FILTER???
You need to work on the exposure. Good luck!

I need to use the ND16 filter, and shoot at 180 degrees, that is, the shooter is twice the number of frames.
If I record in 4K 25P, the shooter is 1/50. I usually shoot 4K 50P, and then 1/100 is a shooter, and with the ND16 filter there is a f / 5 aperture. When I want to get a bigger blur of the movement, then I shoot in 360 degrees, as is the case in this music video.

2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules