Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Range warning and limit
1698 6 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Castyn
lvl.1
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hello all, I have had a weird issue start happening on my P4P.  Last few times I haev taken off, when I go about 50 meters away, I get a warning that is saying maximum range reached and the drone will no longer go any further.  This also happens with altitude.  I have checked all the options in the DJI GO app and maxmimum range is turned off and max altitude is set at 200m, so I am not sure what is causing this.  

I have power cycled everything many times, reinstalled the app, but it still is happening.  I don't see any way to factory reset so am at a loss as to how to reolve this issue and be able to use my drone fully again.
2017-8-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Search around on here, there are plenty of threads dealing with this. DJI require you to log in to remove this restriction.
2017-8-2
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Castyn,

This is the new requirement to sign in to let DJI know you are alive and kicking.  Just this time and then everything should work correctly without signing in.  Make sure you have a rock solid Internet connection.

There is also a new requirement that you use a flying app that was developed to work with DJI products.  Obviously, the DJI GO and DJO GO 4 apps but also flying programs like Litchi, Autopilot, etc.  These are all compatible with DJI products.

Hacked flying programs that have key components from DJI removed will be limited in a way similar to what you are experiencing.  This is so terrorists cannot buy a bunch of Phantoms and make suicide bombers out of them.  Today's World!

FYI, hacked P2s (and possibly older P3s) are being flown in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria as terrorist bombs and surveillance tools.  DJI has cause to implement this program.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please try to re-install the APP and make sure you have logged in your DJI Account.
2017-8-2
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ukraine

Also make sure you are not in BEGINNER MODE!
2017-8-3
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-8-3 17:57
Rumor has it all the car companies are getting together & forcing people to log in & get approval to start their car because a terrorist might use the vehicle to commit a suicide bombing.  I hear laptop & cell phone companies are also contemplating similar provisions because now & then a terrorist riggs one up as an inconspicuous IED.  Can never be too safe!

Aloha DB,

Well, we are quite a ways from having registration for that technology, it is so old and pervasive.  In those countries, do they even have annual vehicle registration like we do?  Or registration at all?  But, the P2s are already presenting a problem.  Stopping the P3s and P4s, with Multiple Flight Modes, is what is needed.

Laptops and cell phones are different scenarios.  One is being researched at this time for countermeasures and the cell phones are actually used as triggers for IEDs.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-3
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-8-3 17:57
Rumor has it all the car companies are getting together & forcing people to log in & get approval to start their car because a terrorist might use the vehicle to commit a suicide bombing.  I hear laptop & cell phone companies are also contemplating similar provisions because now & then a terrorist riggs one up as an inconspicuous IED.  Can never be too safe!

Dirty Bird,
Love the sense of humor...in parody we can see real life.  DJI, with these restrictions, can no more prevent evil people from committing evil acts than for them to stop the wind from blowing.  While these products and other similar items are being used for purposes other than the way they were intended, as you point out so are many other things on this earth.  Removing or limiting one's freedoms and taking away an individual’s personal responsibility will never solve the problems with this platform; in fact, one could also argue that they are creating problems.  The islamo terrorists have plenty of highly educated and talented people in their ranks that can easily duplicate, engineer, workaround, and bypass many of these platitudnal limits.  

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”  Mr Franklin

You cannot expect those from a place that have not lived under such a philosophy as that, to understand why adding restriction upon restriction is tantamount to the old adage that the more you squeeze the more you lose between your grip.

At present, I would be more concerned about some psychopath with a large truck or vehicle heading full on for a crowd of innocent people.  ...trust me, defeating a 2 to 3 pound UAV has already been shown to be easily stoppable and those countermeasures are being employed.

Beyond whether I agree with these measures, the best argument DJI has, if there is one at all, is one of liability.  Assuming the lawyers have weighed in on what DJI can do to ensure you will not do something stupid.

Either way, we have lost another ability to exercise personal judgement and be accountable for our decisions and actions.
  So keep up the humor, laughter is the best medicine!

2017-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules