1821 11 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eiwar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38786 ft
United States

I am currently awaiting DJI's update on my Spark case - I hope soon

I was hovering in at 72 feet when my quad came plummeting to the ground with no warnings whatsoever. It just fell like it committed suicide. I just finished doing a helix and was getting ready for another shot when it just fell. Details are as follows;

Height - 72 FT
Distance - 61 FT
Current action - Hovering
Mode - Sport
Battery Status - 80%
Signal Strength: 17

It was a very disappointing experience as it was for a special occasion and was intended for a video on that trip and supposedly, how amazing Spark is. Although, I am still an advocate of the quad I want to know what happened and what can DJI do and what can we do as consumers.

Other than that, DJI should also take notice that this is also a safety risk. Imagine if this was flown in an open area, with people.

2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are aware of a small number of reports involving Spark drones that have lost power mid-flight. Flight safety and product reliability are top priorities. Our engineers are thoroughly reviewing each customer case and working to address this matter urgently.
Sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, my colleague will contact you about the data analysis and resolution, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-2
Use props
Eiwar
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-2 19:31
We are aware of a small number of reports involving Spark drones that have lost power mid-flight. Flight safety and product reliability are top priorities. Our engineers are thoroughly reviewing each customer case and working to address this matter urgently.
Sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, my colleague will contact you about the data analysis and resolution, appreciate your patience.

I've just gotten a reply 10 minutes ago and it doesn't look positive. I was told they needed the quad for further analysis.

There is no quad it's swimming in the sea - what's next for me?
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Eiwar Posted at 2017-8-2 19:35
I've just gotten a reply 10 minutes ago and it doesn't look positive. I was told they needed the quad for further analysis.

There is no quad it's swimming in the sea - what's next for me?

I'm sorry to hear that the drone is unable to be recovered, then a discount will be provided, please note email later.
2017-8-2
Use props
Eiwar
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-2 20:17
I'm sorry to hear that the drone is unable to be recovered, then a discount will be provided, please note email later.

Hi Mindy,

That's not good enough and very unfair on our part. If you would look at my case number - there was no abnormalities and it just ended.

I was filming under water. What do you want us to do?? We exerted effort in finding it but the water conditions was not manageable, you expect us to compromise our safety just to get you the quad that obviously had a problem? I don't think so. This is a lack of poor ownership and I don't need a "DISCOUNT" for what have happened.

As per DJI support:

" From: DJI Support <support@dji.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 3, 2017 11:16:16 AM
To: -----
Subject: CAS-846711-Z5Q5Q9 [CAS-846711-Z5Q5Q9] [CAS-846711-Z5Q5Q9] CRM:0570000003202

Hi Rawie,

Thanks for your patience.
For your claimed case CAS-846711-Z5Q5Q9, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:
1. The aircraft worked in Sport or GPS mode during the flight, and responded to RC command well;
2. T=02-57, H=21m, D=18.7m, battery power 80%, flight record was cut off suddenly with aircraft hovered in Sport mode;

With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards. May i know if the aircraft is recovered? If yes, you can consider to export the flight data from aircraft for further analysis.
Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Sophia
DJI Tech Support
http://www.dji.com/"

This is poorly being handled and I am not happy!
2017-8-2
Use props
Eiwar
lvl.1
United States

Eiwar Posted at 2017-8-2 20:30
Hi Mindy,

That's not good enough and very unfair on our part. If you would look at my case number - there was no abnormalities and it just ended.

Sorry, I was filming "OVER" water.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Eiwar Posted at 2017-8-2 20:30
Hi Mindy,

I understand how you fell , but the record was interrupted and we cannot tell if it's malfunction or pilot's error. My colleague will contact you with the further resolution, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-3
Use props
Eiwar
lvl.1
Malaysia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-3 01:21
I understand how you fell , but the record was interrupted and we cannot tell if it's malfunction or pilot's error. My colleague will contact you with the further resolution, appreciate your patience.

Exactly!!! It was interrupted, because it shut down while it was flying! Stop making this look like an issue from something else. Clearly, this is a Spark issue and if I were to collect everyone in Malaysia experiencing the same issue you guys might be overwhelmed, but I don't have the time and I want to prioritize mine in the meantime as I have a trip comin up next week and I want to know what you can do for me at this point. The incident has already ruined the last trip we had and the last thing I want to see from you guys is the "record was interrupted" you have got to be kidding me!
2017-8-3
Use props
Eiwar
lvl.1
Malaysia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-3 01:21

2 days - your colleague hasn't gotten back yet. What a service!
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Eiwar Posted at 2017-8-5 00:17
2 days - your colleague hasn't gotten back yet. What a service!

We are sorry that reply may be delayed a little bit because of weekend, I've seen the case status that my colleague has contacted you yesterday, it would be better to communicate via email, I will contact them to reply as soon as possible.
2017-8-6
Use props
Eiwar
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-6 20:04
We are sorry that reply may be delayed a little bit because of weekend, I've seen the case status that my colleague has contacted you yesterday, it would be better to communicate via email, I will contact them to reply as soon as possible.

I know this, and have you seen my reply? the reply was almost instantaneous. How can they have a delay in response? And on the email, there was a misunderstanding. I've already told them several times that the quad was not recovered. How many times do I have to repeat myself to you guys? or you just prolonging this issue so it's gets forgotten?
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Eiwar Posted at 2017-8-6 23:32
I know this, and have you seen my reply? the reply was almost instantaneous. How can they have a delay in response? And on the email, there was a misunderstanding. I've already told them several times that the quad was not recovered. How many times do I have to repeat myself to you guys? or you just prolonging this issue so it's gets forgotten?

Email has been replied. We are sorry that email system is not online chat, response may be delayed, appreciate your understanding.
Besides, it's forbidden to sell Chinese version aircraft in Malaysia, we have no idea why your dealer sold you Chinese version aircraft.
Therefore, we could only provide coupon code which is used to place an order on Online Store and ship the drone to Mainland China, in other word, we are unable to authorize your dealer to provide an aircraft to you directly.
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules