2035 18 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf7f1ef8e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

Hi!!
Just noticed that our night time (with the iris wide open) images are slightly out of focus in the left side of the frame. Right side is just fine.
Noticed it with a 15mm (DJI) and 25mm (Olympus). Can not say about the 45mm.
Is any of you experimenting something like this?

dng sample X5S-1-4.jpg
dng sample X5S-1-5.jpg
dng sample X5S-1-6.jpg
dng sample X5S-1-7.jpg
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please upload more original pictures including shooting in daytime and at night by 15 mm lens to Dropbox or Google driver and post the link here, we need them for analysis, thanks.
2017-8-2
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Odd. I noticed the same thing shooting almost wide open on the 25mm. I haven't had time to go back and test, but will have another look.
2017-8-3
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

That happens to me too and is most evident when I use the 25mm lens.
2017-8-3
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

This is another common problem in Inspire 2.

https://inspirepilots.com/thread ... -focus-issue.14708/
2017-8-3
Use props
fansf7f1ef8e
lvl.4
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-2 22:18
Please upload more original pictures including shooting in daytime and at night by 15 mm lens to Dropbox or Google driver and post the link here, we need them for analysis, thanks.

OK
We will
Seems to be a subtle shift btween lens plane and sensor plane axis.
2017-8-4
Use props
fansf7f1ef8e
lvl.4
Argentina

In the meantime. As clearly there is an issue with the camera and not the lens. Provided enough proof that this is an issue with our camera (we will send pictures of our different lens with different appertures)
Can we claim DJI to send us a new camera (issue free, of course) while you take all the time you could need to figure out what happened to our camera and we are not stuck with an answer we don´t know when it is coming?
We are still dealing with the HDMI output issue. And we cannot tell our cliens: Hey! We have a top grade aerial tool, we can assist you in your film feature or commercial! You don´t mind if the left side of the frame is a little too soft... don´t you?
We bought it through the Buenos Aires dealer. Can you send a note or something to arrange something like this? (a new camera sent through the dealer we bought it)
Best regards
We all want DJI to be a professional/responsible brand. I think that with this kind of feedback we are helping you a lot.
We, as customers, need not to be left alone or waiting too much while we loose job opportunities. That´s all.
2017-8-4
Use props
fansf7f1ef8e
lvl.4
Argentina

And I mean not sending our camera to China and wait for another one to arrival... That would be TOO MUCH TIME for us. Disaster for our business.  Our dealer could confirm that this is an issue with the camera and, at least, give us one as temporal replacement while he sends our X5S to DJI.
2017-8-4
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

All the shots are off axis and might be better to try and get them perpendicular for testing the focus.  Shooting wide open at night is a very limited depth of field when shooting off axis as on the field shots.

Still, I suspect the sensor is misaligned as well.  I returned one drone (P4)  for that very issue when newly purchased.  I didn't want to go the repair route given the time wait.
2017-8-4
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

I have a X4S and I have blurry images on the right had 1/3 of the video/pictures also.  Camera went in for 'repair' the start of this week, after 2 months of asking for the paper work from DJI.  I think the alignment issues on the sensor is probably common to both X4S and X5S...  seems like a manufacture Quality Control issue or instrument error at assembly.  There is a growing number of reports like this.
2017-8-4
Use props
fansf7f1ef8e
lvl.4
Argentina

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-8-4 10:13
All the shots are off axis and might be better to try and get them perpendicular for testing the focus.  Shooting wide open at night is a very limited depth of field when shooting off axis as on the field shots.

Still, I suspect the sensor is misaligned as well.  I returned one drone (P4)  for that very issue when newly purchased.  I didn't want to go the repair route given the time wait.

I chosed a random frame. By the distance and object size (a landscape I mean), you should not have this kind of focus shift unless there is a difference in the sensor/lens axis. Even at 1.7 you should have focus from 20m to infinity in a 25mm.
2017-8-4
Use props
Crio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine was replaced for new/refurbished unit because of this problem, the new one came with jello issues so service requested to send them this X5S as well.
I have some work to be done and cant send it to service again right now, so will sort this as soon as I will finish this project.
2017-8-4
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

For the OP, do you have a decent camera repair facility in your town?  Many have a device called an auto-collimator they use to set up the bayonet to sensor parallelism.  If they work on any sensor equipped cameras, they should be able to shim the bayonet ring.  Especially if they work on Olympus and/or Panasonic M43 cameras. Not a hard process, just time consuming and not likely a warranty freebie either, but it might be faster and possibly more accurate too depending on the camera repairman.

If you were really gutsy, you might be able to shim it yourself with bits of aluminum foil under the right bayonet screws.  Again, trial and error and time consuming, and hoping the lens will focus infinity properly.
2017-8-4
Use props
fansf7f1ef8e
lvl.4
Argentina

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-8-4 14:19
For the OP, do you have a decent camera repair facility in your town?  Many have a device called an auto-collimator they use to set up the bayonet to sensor parallelism.  If they work on any sensor equipped cameras, they should be able to shim the bayonet ring.  Especially if they work on Olympus and/or Panasonic M43 cameras. Not a hard process, just time consuming and not likely a warranty freebie either, but it might be faster and possibly more accurate too depending on the camera repairman.

If you were really gutsy, you might be able to shim it yourself with bits of aluminum foil under the right bayonet screws.  Again, trial and error and time consuming, and hoping the lens will focus infinity properly.

We paid A LOT for this professional tool. We deserve a decent service with professional grade results. With the quickest/simplest way of exchange with DJI as we use it as a way of earning our money (me made DJI earn its money already)
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf7f1ef8e Posted at 2017-8-4 09:36
And I mean not sending our camera to China and wait for another one to arrival... That would be TOO MUCH TIME for us. Disaster for our business.  Our dealer could confirm that this is an issue with the camera and, at least, give us one as temporal replacement while he sends our X5S to DJI.

The camera will need to be sent to North America rather than China. It's good to know that your dealer could provide a temporal camera for your business, it is very kind of them.
Hope you will get it addressed soon.
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Crio Posted at 2017-8-4 12:21
Mine was replaced for new/refurbished unit because of this problem, the new one came with jello issues so service requested to send them this X5S as well.
I have some work to be done and cant send it to service again right now, so will sort this as soon as I will finish this project.

Sorry for the trouble caused, please send in as soon as possible at your most convenience, local team will take good care of it.
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf7f1ef8e Posted at 2017-8-4 08:34
In the meantime. As clearly there is an issue with the camera and not the lens. Provided enough proof that this is an issue with our camera (we will send pictures of our different lens with different appertures)
Can we claim DJI to send us a new camera (issue free, of course) while you take all the time you could need to figure out what happened to our camera and we are not stuck with an answer we don´t know when it is coming?
We are still dealing with the HDMI output issue. And we cannot tell our cliens: Hey! We have a top grade aerial tool, we can assist you in your film feature or commercial! You don´t mind if the left side of the frame is a little too soft... don´t you?

The camera will be replaced if it is unrepaired, but I'm sorry that I'm incapable to tell your dealer or repair team to replace a brand-new camera for you.
The camera will be evaluated firstly when it arrives and then further resolution will be provided according to After-Sales Policy.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your understanding.
2017-8-7
Use props
fansf7f1ef8e
lvl.4
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-7 00:20
The camera will be replaced if it is unrepaired, but I'm sorry that I'm incapable to tell your dealer or repair team to replace a brand-new camera for you.
The camera will be evaluated firstly when it arrives and then further resolution will be provided according to After-Sales Policy.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your understanding.

Too sorry to hear that.
We have flown the i2 just a few times. For sure this is an issue that was there the moment we purchased it. And that means a weak QC.
I think that DJI should give some kind of compensation. Probably we should rent another i2 (if we can) to cope with our commercial commitments. We purchased a professional tool, not a hobby machine.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf7f1ef8e Posted at 2017-8-15 16:53
Too sorry to hear that.
We have flown the i2 just a few times. For sure this is an issue that was there the moment we purchased it. And that means a weak QC.
I think that DJI should give some kind of compensation. Probably we should rent another i2 (if we can) to cope with our commercial commitments. We purchased a professional tool, not a hobby machine.

I understand your feeling and very sorry about it, we will repair or replace it without any charge if there is malfunction. But we do not have rent service at the moment.
This issue will be reported to our management department to improve QC, we apologize again for the trouble caused.
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules