Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Android system recommendation?
2219 3 2017-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kalli7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 262277 ft
Iceland

Hi everybody!

I have recently bought a Mavic and would not like to use my phone as a display. Sarching the internet I recently came across this android device:
(Android 7.0 10.1 inch CARBAYTA S119 tablet pc 8 Octa Core 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 1920x1200 IPS 4G LTE).
Before taking the plunge and buying one, I am wondering if this would be good for now and "the near future".  What is your experience using a android device and what would you recommend for an  android system (RAM, memory, etc) for running a Mavic smoothly?
thanks in advance.
2017-8-3
Use props
Skyshooter44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272828 ft
United States

When I got my mavic I had a pixel XL and the flights were rough with connection issues. I'm not sure if that was a device specific issue, but it's well known that android can be iffy with DJI products. If you are honestly looking for a good screen, an Ipad mini 3 or 4 is ideal.

I'm a google/android fan for my devices, but the mavic works flawlessly with the ipad and the screen size makes all the difference in the world. Now, I don't have any experience with the device you are looking into, but if your willing to spend for a new screen, i'd recommend going with something that is proven to be a stellar option vs an android that you might have to return.

One other bit of advice for whatever screen you go with - make sure you get a mount for the controller. I went with the following mount and cord:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps - Happy flying!
2017-8-3
Use props
alexmbraMav
First Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

I bought this one and it works without any problem. Doogee Y6 Max   
2017-8-3
Use props
TreeFrogPhoto
lvl.1
United States

I bought the CARBAYTA 10.1 inch Octa Core Android 7.0 Tablet PC 4GB and can not seem to get it working with the DJI Go 4 App for my Phantom 4.  I have a Mavic Air being shipped and will try it with that.  Have tried several things (recalibrating, uploading the Go Assistant app, changing cables, etc.).  It works fine on my Samsung Galaxy S7.  I found a couple deals on Apple Air for $124 to $143.  You may find this video helpful.  "The Real Reason Your Device Won't Run DJI Go4 and How To Fix It"
2018-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules