Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
POLL** Spark fell from the Sky ***POLL
123Next >
6553 81 2017-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeCec
First Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

Single SelectVote, Total 220 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

6.36% (14)
12.73% (28)
17.73% (39)
12.73% (28)
50.45% (111)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-8-3
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've lost connection, even using OTG, in very hot conditions.  I suspect heat was suspect.  When I've used wifi, I've lost connection frequently (nearly every time).
2017-8-3
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Just a head up,  did make a POLL to see how many fall from the sky, and to my surprise, the number is very minor...
I believe it is the quality issue DJI is dealing with where there are a few units got problem only.
2017-8-3
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Can you Give an option to people to vote spark didn't fall so we can see the results ,
2017-8-3
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had my spark over a month and a half, started fly less.  No issues.  I flew for awhile in this configuration.  I then bought the remote and have also never had an issue.  Over 40 flights, not a hiccup.  I will also state I read the manual, and take every warning precaution the ac gives me.
2017-8-3
Use props
JoeCec
First Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-8-3 05:55
I've had my spark over a month and a half, started fly less.  No issues.  I flew for awhile in this configuration.  I then bought the remote and have also never had an issue.  Over 40 flights, not a hiccup.  I will also state I read the manual, and take every warning precaution the ac gives me.

I agree. I bought the Spark for my daughter to learn on. We don't fly daily and most of it is in the backyard of our neighborhood. Limited obstructions and within VLOS. I am curious of the situations or environment people found themselves in while the Spark is flying away. Maybe a common denominator?
2017-8-3
Use props
Sponk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7815 ft
Germany

"Your user group with no voting privileges"
Vote 3
2017-8-3
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15640 ft
South Korea

DJI must accept their fault.

i imagine dji spark recall
2017-8-3
Use props
P.siewhoon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53248 ft
Singapore

My spark was stuck mid air while descending. I suspect the sensor got confused by some moving mist...and suddenly descended rapidly, hitting the ground. Would be uploading the flight data to investigate
2017-8-3
Use props
PascalG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

The last two are redundant... I picked 5 but 4 would apply just as well
2017-8-3
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I picked 4 assuming this meant no issues to report.  5 was not an option at that time.
2017-8-3
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

i have never had any conection or power issues and im about 55 flights in!
2017-8-3
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

how much flying did you do overall before it had its last flight?
2017-8-3
Use props
Belchski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57159 ft
Canada

PascalG Posted at 2017-8-3 06:21
The last two are redundant... I picked 5 but 4 would apply just as well

Unless it means it never lost connection BUT fell from the sky.
2017-8-3
Use props
Belchski
lvl.1
Canada

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-3 05:50
Just a head up,  did make a POLL to see how many fall from the sky, and to my surprise, the number is very minor...
I believe it is the quality issue DJI is dealing with where there are a few units got problem only.

Might want to check back when people have a chance to vote. 3 hours after posting there are significant numbers. 30+% with issues.

And question 4 should read "Spark has never lost connection, BUT, fell from the sky"

Otherwise whats the point?
2017-8-3
Use props
lucsvette
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-8-3 05:55

Same here, no issues with disconnect even when going from gesture mode to iphone to controller.  19 flights with 1hr 19min flight time.
2017-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

This poll is very confusing, needs to be much clearer, has your spark fallen from the sky because of lost signal. But the answer to that question would be very few.
2017-8-3
Use props
fans99d24711
lvl.3
United States

Mine wasn't really a fly away. Mine lost connection and the RTH into a tree. I didn't get any warning about the RC losing connection, it just stopped responding. Also I was only about 20 feet away following it.
2017-8-3
Use props
Belchski
lvl.1
Canada

fans99d24711 Posted at 2017-8-3 11:41
Mine wasn't really a fly away. Mine lost connection and the RTH into a tree. I didn't get any warning about the RC losing connection, it just stopped responding. Also I was only about 20 feet away following it.

I had 60 flights in 7 days with 4hr50min flight time.

61st flight it literally flew away. I had connection to the RC, GPS, like on every other 60 flights, and no response. It went crazy.

1200 Compass Errors in the log and that was the end of it.
2017-8-3
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Please also write what f/w of AC and RC you have, and when you bought it. Maybe there is some number of production also.
If you provide more info then maybe we get something common or faulty production line.
Maybe also some production line number of battery and information about from where battery comes may be helpful.
2017-8-3
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15640 ft
South Korea

my spark is fell from sky to water.
distance 100m heigt 14m batt 55%
2017-8-3
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

fans99d24711 Posted at 2017-8-3 11:41

Hi, were you in any special mode like active tracking, Sport mode or Tripod before the disconnection?
Hi, I don't know if it is true or not, but I did experience the same. I tried doing a test, jumping back and forth between active track, Sport mode and Tripod mod inhouse, with remote and OTG. Suddently I lost signal when Spark only 0.5m away from me. Strange.
Good thing that when lost connection is still hover, I reset the app, replug OTG and got connection again.
I will stay away from special modes for a while.
It's a pity though because those are the selling points of Spark. but until more information provide, it is better to play safe and avoid all the "possible" risk.
2017-8-3
Use props
rickysuperdog
First Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

Should be one more option: It lost power and fell from the Sky, not only lost connection.
2017-8-3
Use props
Belchski
lvl.1
Canada

Kyokushin Posted at 2017-8-3 14:25
Please also write what f/w of AC and RC you have, and when you bought it. Maybe there is some number of production also.
If you provide more info then maybe we get something common or faulty production line.
Maybe also some production line number of battery and information about from where battery comes may be helpful.

Bought July 20th. (Fly More combo). Did flights in CDA first, the travelled to US. Flawless. Back in Canada, did the firmware up to latest on July 29th. App requested compass update and IMU. Both done. Drove to location (10acre field+, NO POWER LINES), flew 9 flights with no issues at location. Last flight same as others, full GPS, Home Position and 12 seconds into flight it decided to do its own thing and rapid ascend and rapid lateral. No RC control inputs would work, flew away in random pattern eventually out of sight and gone.
2017-8-3
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

In what climate is this occurring?
If its dropping from the skies all in the northern 'summer' hemisphere then one could assume its the heat killing the processors.
Usually, processors prevent themselves from frying by auto shut off. This could be said with the spark.
Any one from the Southern 'winter' hemisphere had a dropped spark??
2017-8-3
Use props
fans95176b56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26312 ft
United States

I'm not sure if there was a connection loss.  My "Spark fell from the Sky" seemed to be a power shutdown.  Then it lost connection of course!
2017-8-3
Use props
fans95176b56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26312 ft
United States

It was 55 degrees F when my Spark fell out of the sky due to what appeared to be a power failure.  DJI investigating.
2017-8-3
Use props
fanse3e2a663
New
United Kingdom

My spark just started losing power off a palm launch. As soon as it goes to take off it just dies and hits the floor. This has happened a few time already and the camera is now damaged...
2017-8-4
Use props
SasaGazikalovic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151175 ft
Liechtenstein

I bought my Spark two weeks ago in a retail shop for electronics here in switzerland. After three flights, on the fourth so about after 6 Minutes hovering at the height of 5 meters it just dropped dead and broke on the hard cement floor. The power was off and by reviewing the video , the picture just froze at the moment of the loss of power (or what ever) .. I brought the device to the repair center of the retail shop and they told me that they will forward it to the DJI service center. I already ordered on the internet the remote control which arrived by now and is still in the package untouched. I wanted to take the Spark with me to holiday by end of August but I lost all hope that I will ever hear soon something either by DJI or the retail shop. Sad when comparing to the Apple Care plus service which when once my apple watch broke they just sent me in two days a replacement and took the broken one by courier. The sales person where I bought it didn't even mention something of the DJI refresh possibility but I thought anyway that such cases would be covered by the warranty.. I mean the toy has a price of 600.00 Swiss francs
2017-8-4
Use props
Mr.Bluskyone1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406909 ft
  • >>>
United States

My biggest issue with Spark is the insanely low speed in object avoidance mode 6MPH.  In sport mode 31MPH but the camera is not stable and footage is worthless. I have found gesture mode is very unreliable if you have the prop guards on. I have only gotten 12 minutes of flight in the last 35 flights so 16 minutes is an overstatement by DJI. It seems DJI over states its flight time by 5 minutes on every drone it sells. I believe the calculation they use is if the drone was at full speed forward flight for the entire flight. This is an unrealistic way to calculate flight time. It would be like calculating gas mileage if the car was going down a 45 degree hill the entire time it inflates the number with an unrealistic condition.
2017-8-4
Use props
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had flown four flights last weekend with no issue. I flew it 200 feet up and 300 feet away, solid connection in control and video. Did have a problem with my iPhone 7+ picking up my RC's WIFI SSID when connecting.  Updated to the latest firmware on 7/27/2017.
2017-8-4
Use props
fans99d24711
lvl.3
United States

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-3 17:12
Hi, were you in any special mode like active tracking, Sport mode or Tripod before the disconnection?
Hi, I don't know if it is true or not, but I did experience the same. I tried doing a test, jumping back and forth between active track, Sport mode and Tripod mod inhouse, with remote and OTG. Suddently I lost signal when Spark only 0.5m away from me. Strange.
Good thing that when lost connection is still hover, I reset the app, replug OTG and got connection again.

No, I was in P-GPS walking behind the drone that was about 12-15 ft high and about 20ft in front of me. Connected through RC and mini ipad4 via otg cable. I was walking through a trail and went to the end. This happened as I was returning back to the trail head. Funny enough it occurred in the most open section of the trail. Oddly enough although the log shows RTH triggered it took off like a bat out of hell in the wrong direction and luckily hit a tree. I would have thought it should rise starlight up to RTH height and then head in the direction of home point which was directly east of my position. Instead took off high rate of speed north (left at the time instead of forward) and up.
2017-8-4
Use props
markol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11913 ft
Canada

Belchski Posted at 2017-8-3 19:32
Bought July 20th. (Fly More combo). Did flights in CDA first, the travelled to US. Flawless. Back in Canada, did the firmware up to latest on July 29th. App requested compass update and IMU. Both done. Drove to location (10acre field+, NO POWER LINES), flew 9 flights with no issues at location. Last flight same as others, full GPS, Home Position and 12 seconds into flight it decided to do its own thing and rapid ascend and rapid lateral. No RC control inputs would work, flew away in random pattern eventually out of sight and gone.

I'm starting to wonder if it's possible that there was interference with another wifi signal around the area? or maybe someone else had a drone as well and it somehow interfered with their remote signal.
2017-8-4
Use props
Skookumfab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162444 ft
Canada

First post. Red spark fly more combo. Started without otg setup and was able yesterday to try the  setup with otg. I have experienced numerous compass errors and lost video feeds. Honestly to me, I suspect that some of the fly aways and such are the result of people not having a reasonable understanding of the tech involved in these things. Viewing the wifi info in go4 will attest that there are many sources for interference depending on where you are at any given moment. Many many sources in any urban environment for interference on some level. To expect that a consumer product of this price point to just magically fly with no hiccups at any time is unreasonable....even disrespectful of the tech involved to cram so many bells and whistles into such a small package. My gesture control is just a pain in the butt really, The quick shot stuff is ok and seems to work ok so far....but both of these are gimicks in my estimation. I like the fact that the from factor of the unit is so small,  the fact that I can maneuver in tight quarters, the fact that I can be in the air fairly quickly is what fires my jets. It's not perfect but I'm wiling to try and educate myself in the spark's capabilities and operate within the constraints imposed by trying to stuff ten pounds of tech into a five pound bag. I'm happy with the spark.
2017-8-4
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Although I really haven't had a single problem with my spark, it bothers me immensely that the customer service with DJI is such hot garbage.  Every problem stated by posters is given the same auto response.  I have not heard one single positive review of DJI customer service.  You would think there to be at least one.  After having dealt with such fantastic customer service from Polar Pro over the filter issues with the spark, it bothers me that the #1 manufacturer of civilian drones can't muster up a better response to all these claims, some of which have to be legit.  The statement released by DJI on the falling sparks is laughable at best.
2017-8-4
Use props
Belchski
lvl.1
Canada

markol Posted at 2017-8-4 05:43
I'm starting to wonder if it's possible that there was interference with another wifi signal around the area? or maybe someone else had a drone as well and it somehow interfered with their remote signal.

Ya I thought maybe something like that but I was out in the country. No other houses around, no power lines. The wifi in the house was really weak out back. I flew all day in this back yard and out into a 10 acre field with no issues. Then I launched in same spot I launched all day, flew towards the field and about half way to field Compass errors and it literally sped up and flew back towards me and over the house.

It was unresponsive to the RC inputs.
2017-8-4
Use props
felix_hh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276745 ft
Germany

To be honest. This poll doesn't make any sense.
My spark fell from sky without a previous loss of connection. This option is missing.

Look at these options: https://goo.gl/forms/tfLhWc5BhqeKHZ2y2 They make sense. ;)
2017-8-4
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

felix_hh Posted at 2017-8-4 10:04
To be honest. This poll doesn't make any sense.
My spark fell from sky without a previous loss of connection. This option is missing.

All of you all have done here have no sense because this is not contains basic information

To find something, beside information in polls you need to provide:
- firmware version of FC/RC
- date of purchase
- some number of factory line
- temperature outside
- used mode
- battery origin
- colour may be important, because it may be connected with factory line
- part number - US or EU version
- Frequency what was used when spark felt
- Region where it happen
- battery level
- app and OS used

and maybe even more detailed.
2017-8-4
Use props
fans0f9fe6af
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1779127 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've lost connection while using the Phone and App several times but Spark did not fall from the sky. It hovered in place until I got closer or started descending to land itself.
2017-8-4
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fans0f9fe6af Posted at 2017-8-4 22:19
I've lost connection while using the Phone and App several times but Spark did not fall from the sky. It hovered in place until I got closer or started descending to land itself.

This happens to everyone. But we are talking about the random shut downs that are happening. Mine shut down and fell to the floor from just a few meters away. With a solid connection. When I picked it up, I had to turn it back on with the button press sequence. And the battery was still at 70%.
2017-8-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules