DJI TO REPLACE STOCK PROPS TO E800 FOR FREE
12Next >
6627 63 2015-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

Just got off the phone with MulticopterWarehouse.com.  They just got a notification from DJI  that in mid APRIL, DJI will start sending new Inspires with the E800 Props and the respective locking system. Furthermoe, they will send FREE replacements to all of us that have bought our birds with the "first version" props to get us up to the E800 system.

I have already bought mine from Multicopter and they will be shipping them soon, but the gentleman there told me that if I was not to need them before April that I might want to "hold off".

Im pretty sure Tahoe_Ed or someone else here from DJI can confirm this and how they will proceed on doing so, but I thought you all might want to know if you are considering buying them.

As soon as I get mine I will post a nice video and pictures.

Thank you Multicopterwarehouse for keeping us on the loop!

2015-3-25
Use props
M3SpeedRacer
lvl.2

United States

This is great news, good to know that DJI is doing the right thing to build positive and long term relationship with customers. Too bad that I already spent $90 yesterday on DJI website ordering new E800 props and mounting system and spares with $20 shipping!
2015-3-25
Use props
dale.kaechler
lvl.2

Canada

I ordered the kit yesterday
2015-3-25
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

Great news! I wonder how DJI intends to notify owners though?
2015-3-25
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-3-26 00:00
Great news! I wonder how DJI intends to notify owners though?

They should do it by using their registration system (those registered get the props) rather than forcing us to go through our dealers. That's a right pain in the butt. DJI have all our details.

The prop lock issue was a fiasco in terms of trying to get the dealer to request them. I ended up buying them from another dealer in the end.
2015-3-25
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

Good post and good news genettico.

Thank you for posting this!

Your post just saved me some money.

Thanks again!

2015-3-25
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
Japan

Saved me 50eur, if I ever receive anything, what I unfortunately doubt about, knowing the poor customer service provided by DJI.
Thanks again
2015-3-25
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Ok,  This is good news.

I am waiting for my replacement so will see whats in the box when it arrives.
2015-3-25
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mowog2 Posted at 2015-3-26 04:44
Oh well looks like I will have some spare props.

That is never a bad thing.  Once you have them you will never need them.  
2015-3-25
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

Still on the first set, and decided not to purchase another spare until this is figured out.

Was on the DJI store looking and found a version of the new and the original props available one time, and three versions of the new ones another time???

The prop price is very reasonable, but the shipping as much a the props unless you spend $150.
2015-3-25
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-26 05:43
Shipping, ugh; after spending 4k? - I don't know who's in charge over there, but they are missing  ...

Funny , I purchased two phantoms p1 and ap2 and before you knew it they had upgraded many things , to include the main board in the phantom 1 , props got better etc etc , none of these great new developments were just handed out free , nor were the suddenly  upgraded phantom two props or its new developments , Wah wah wah I want it free ..... Rediculous ! Did you get Apple to send you a new upgraded phone also free ? ... Too funny .
2015-3-25
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Great info TY I am sure the dealers will send the props out same as they did with the prop locks..I bought a back up set today and will wait for the freebies.
2015-3-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I bought some of these new style props, because this way I will have some to experiment with while everyone is waiting. If DJI sends us some free sets that will be great too!
2015-3-25
Use props
pedro66
lvl.1

United States

Not even sure I registered my I1 is there a link?
2015-3-25
Use props
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

pedro66 Posted at 2015-3-26 09:12
Not even sure I registered my I1 is there a link?

Yeah..like myself and others considering I figured it was worth posting to save you some money if you are willing to wait! Im glad it already saved some of you some mula for some extra batteries!!
2015-3-25
Use props
pedro66
lvl.1

United States

genettico.hotma Posted at 2015-3-26 09:57
Yeah..like myself and others considering I figured it was worth posting to save you some money if  ...

Not really the answer I was looking for I was asking if there is a link to register my Inspire as I don't actually recall doing it
2015-3-25
Use props
Süleyman
lvl.3

United States

What is the next? request child support?
2015-3-25
Use props
Barnesville
lvl.2

Canada

That's great news, but I agree with the comments above.  DJI should use its registered owners database and automatically send out these hardware upgrades by courier, not rely on the dealers.
2015-3-25
Use props
genettico.hotma
lvl.3

United States

pedro66 Posted at 2015-3-26 10:17
Not really the answer I was looking for I was asking if there is a link to register my Inspire as  ...

Sorry about that Pedro. You register  your bird on the App I believe...  Check under the "user center" section (iOS app). I just checked there and I remember they asked me for the serial, and email and the bird got registered then.
2015-3-25
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

My dealer doesn't keep track of who bought, so that wouldn't work here.
2015-3-25
Use props
kev1799
lvl.2

United States

my inspire doesn't show up as registered on my account under "my aircraft" in the app. Also. how do we know what motors we have ?
2015-3-25
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-3-26 08:57
Well I bought some of these new style props, because this way I will have some to experiment with wh ...

I've done the same can experiment and you end up with spare propellers.

Will be nice to hear from DJI.

There's lots of talk about this on Facebook as well.

2015-3-25
Use props
Chato1974.gmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2630909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder if the E800 props have better performance the original Inspire Props? Or if it will shorten the flight times for the L1?
2015-3-25
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-3-26 07:13
Funny , I purchased two phantoms p1 and ap2 and before you knew it they had upgraded many things ,  great new developments were just handed out free , nor were the suddenly  , Wah wah wah I want it free
..... Rediculous !
Did you get Apple to send you a new upgraded phone also free ?
... Too funny ...

You are talking "UPGRADED many things"  & "Great New Developments" and I'm talking about replacing the "beta" props that were COMING OFF ON THERE OWN, requiring the grounding of the I1 UNTIL prop locks were distributed to insure the 4k Inspire didn't tumble out of the sky.

I suggested giving away "free shipping" on props for registered I1 owners, (as a gesture of good will), and you liken it to me "Asking Apple for a New Upgraded Iphone for free"   What an idiotic statement.

ps - there is no "e" in ridiculous. Remember that next time u spell it so you don't look that way, (it wasn't a typo - lol)
pss - DJI is about to become a billion dollar co, (they can afford to give free shipping on trustworthy replacement props) - http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/1 ... illion-dollar-sales
2015-3-25
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Barnesville Posted at 2015-3-26 10:55
That's great news, but I agree with the comments above.  DJI should use its registered owners databa ...

I think that is what was said.  Current registered users will receive the props and locks free of charge.  What am I missing??
2015-3-25
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-26 14:20
You are talking "UPGRADED many things"  & "Great New Developments" and I'm talking about replacing ...

COMING OFF ON "THEIR" OWN
2015-3-26
Use props
marco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1500794 ft
Austria

I still haven't found any place to register my I-1 and also provide my full address (the Pilot-App provides a registration but I can't specify my address)
2015-3-26
Use props
rick.ricklohre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 905259 ft
  • >>>
United States

What if I purchased from Amazon?
2015-3-26
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
South Korea

You can still register with the number you received on the box, the address modification has to be done from the DJI website if I remember correctly, not from the forum page.
2015-3-26
Use props
rdc4444
lvl.2

United States

Glad I held off purchasing mine. Hopefully by June they will have all the bugs worked.
2015-3-26
Use props
rdc4444
lvl.2

United States

Oh my I just read Bob Marley's post. I think your going to get warned and possibly banned from Tahoe_ed for calling someone a pric*.
I got a warning for calling someone smarty pants..lol
2015-3-26
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

I received this e-mail from Josh at www.multicopterwarehouse.com this morning:

"DJI has discontinued the Inspire self tightening props it came with, and you had a set on order. We refunded everyone for them today and was working on sending out emails to everyone individually.

"We've been told this morning that they'll be sending us new E800 rotor quick lock adapters and new props for the Inspire mid-April to send out to all customers that ordered an Inspire from us."

Now we wait...
2015-3-26
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-26 14:20
You are talking "UPGRADED many things"  & "Great New Developments" and I'm talking about replacing ...

I thought you'd fire up once you picked up on that.... :@
2015-3-26
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

rdc4444@hotmail Posted at 2015-3-26 21:17
Oh my I just read Bob Marley's post. I think your going to get warned and possibly banned from Tahoe ...

He in my opinion has the right to defend what he said prior to coping a lashing lol
2015-3-26
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

So we are to go through the same dealer we bought our Inspire1's from....So are they definitely free?
I'm not going too ask them if their not....IF so free then i can see it taking weeks! But not to worry the current
prop locks are decent for the now.
2015-3-26
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-3-26 22:20
So we are to go through the same dealer we bought our Inspire1's from....So are they definitely free ...

No. They are supposed to be using their registration database NOT the dealer network. The dealer network distribution method is a joke. There is no point when DJI have all the details of the registered owners.
2015-3-26
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

I was told by Support "Contact your supplier" which is where i bought mine through...This sounds all ballsed up lol

That makes support as useful as tits on a bull then

Where dose one register their Inspire1 bought through a dealer?
2015-3-26
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-3-26 22:35
I was told by Support "Contact your supplier" which is where i bought mine through...This sounds all ...

You registered when you used the app.

Going through dealers would just add unnecessary delay. I know people are really keen (as am I) to get these.  Tahoe_Ed did say (at least that was my understanding) that they would be coming direct from DJI. Lets hope that's true.
2015-3-26
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

lethbrp Posted at 2015-3-26 22:23
No. They are supposed to be using their registration database NOT the dealer network. The dealer n ...

That depends entirely who your dealer is.

I bought from www.multicopterwarehouse.com and have had nothing but excellent customer service from them. See my post above with their e-mail.
2015-3-26
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

lethbrp Posted at 2015-3-26 22:41
You registered when you used the app.

Going through dealers would just add unnecessary delay. I k ...

What Ed said was, "Current registered users will receive the props and locks free of charge." Meaning there will be no charge or cost involved. Nothing about coming directly from DJI to the owners.
2015-3-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules