1123 20 2017-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Had an awesome day flying, ran through 4 batteries, charged them at lunch and went out again. No issues what so ever, no compass errors, nothing, just pure fun.

On my last flight i started pushing the limits a little bit, lost the video feed and all control about 800m away (with RC on OTG)
My heart started racing and i went on a mad chase after her, trying to regain control but nothing but a black screen.
Minutes passed and I thought she surely was lost.
As I paused trying to regain may breath I heard that sweet humming in the distance - looking up in the sky, I saw a tiny speck buzzing towards me!
She came back, all by her self just as she's supposed to. I followed here back "home" and she landed a few feet from where she took off!

So relieved, so happy, so impressed!
With all the drama surrounding sparky there aren't enough success stories - here's one!
Love this little guy!!

2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Thanks for sharing your story with us. Nice to know the drone performs as expected, hope you have great experience on the drone, looking forward wonderful pictures and videos from you, happy flying!
2017-8-3
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

sweet... : ) the fail safe works.. : )
2017-8-3
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
United States

i will be sarcastic, but:
Good it worked this time...
2017-8-3
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

Sweet!! Thanks for sharing! I love my Spark alot, surely you had a mini heart attack when the signal loss. And the best moment when you hear her back Glad it came back. Also one of reason why we paying so much for it.
2017-8-3
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

did you ever regain signal once you caught up or did it remain disconnected.. im wondering because im almost ready to push the limits of my sparky and i'm wondering what to expect once i push her too far... like can i put on my ATV and chase after hope to get a signal back or will she be forced to buzz back home while im blind and no real control?

from my past experience with my stupid ex-sparky that killed its self it would regain its connection but i never got to really push my old sparky too much only like half the distance i tossing my new one out... my new one im pushing it much further and i love it..
2017-8-4
Use props
moh_rafiudeen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-4 00:18
did you ever regain signal once you caught up or did it remain disconnected.. im wondering because im almost ready to push the limits of my sparky and i'm wondering what to expect once i push her too far... like can i put on my ATV and chase after hope to get a signal back or will she be forced to buzz back home while im blind and no real control?

from my past experience with my stupid ex-sparky that killed its self it would regain its connection but i never got to really push my old sparky too much only like half the distance i tossing my new one out... my new one im pushing it much further and i love it..

I Have many times pushed spark to limits.  I was able to regain control the moment the AC is in Range.
got disconnected - moved a bit - RTH initiated in mean time - canceled RTH. mine just work as expected
2017-8-4
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Since the app never reconnected - at least not visually, I didn't cancel the RTH. How ever the LED on the remote was green so it was connected to the craft and in theory I should have been able to cancel RTH and take control.
I just didn't want to intervene just in case.
2017-8-4
Use props
dezign999
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27297 ft
United States

Are your RTH settings set to a specific altitude, or it's current altitude?
2017-8-4
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Current altitude - wonder if I should set it to specific, something above the night of trees
2017-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Rawsome Posted at 2017-8-4 04:53
Since the app never reconnected - at least not visually, I didn't cancel the RTH. How ever the LED on the remote was green so it was connected to the craft and in theory I should have been able to cancel RTH and take control.

Yes if you just pressed pause, you could have taken control back, however it's good to here that everything is working as it should , thank you for sharing your story.
2017-8-4
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rawsome Posted at 2017-8-4 04:53

interesting glitch in the app then.  ya if the remote is flashing red or solid red LED then connection is either very poor or broken.  solid green means solid signal, wonder why the app failed to reinitiate.  
2017-8-4
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

glad it worked
2017-8-4
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Good story. You said her/she 8 times during the story and ended with "Love this little guy".  HA! Just made ma laugh.
2017-8-4
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-8-4 12:27
Good story.  You said her/she 8 times during the story and ended with "Love this little guy".  HA! Just made ma laugh.

well spotted lol
2017-8-4
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-4 10:00
interesting glitch in the app then.  ya if the remote is flashing red or solid red LED then connection is either very poor or broken.  solid green means solid signal, wonder why the app failed to reinitiate.

tried to stay in the app to see if it connects again, than quit and restarted the app but the button stayed gray and I couldn't connect via the app at all.
2017-8-4
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

Happy End!...
2017-8-4
Use props
NdFeB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85013 ft
United Kingdom

her? she's? WHAT???
2017-8-4
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

NdFeB Posted at 2017-8-4 15:27
her? she's? WHAT???

Yet TBD lol
2017-8-4
Use props
lyndon_spark
lvl.2
Canada

I had a similar incident yesterday. I flew the Spark a bit too far into the forest and lost connection. It wasn't actually very far (around 100m) but in between trees. But sure enough, after a minute it flew home by itself. It re-connected to the RC when it came within range. I'm impressed!
2017-8-4
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

good, it seems it should just reconnect then...if everything works good.    im going to probably test it out myself as well if my spark dries out before i leave tomorrow..  toss it in a basket or somethign and run out to my car and drive away then creep back and see if it reconnects and how quickly..

interesting tip i learned, should sounds obvious enough:  scale your height to your distance over things..  so in my area tallest things are trees, those are average of 80 feet up... so i usually fly out at speed around 120 feet, around 500 feet out or well after i lost VLOS i usually pull my spark up as i move forward, i go from 120 feet up to 150 feet up to 175 feet to 200 feet i think i did fairly well at 2500 feet today i was only 260 feet up... surprisingly good for wifi!  infact im sure if i had a clearer shot and storm didn't kick up,  i could have made it to the point i was trying to reach which is nearly 1 mile... i felt that good in quality of my signal..
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules