Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Support Issues
388 34 2017-8-4 05:22:01
Zamasu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23808
United States

Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with the warranty process and customer support.

My Phantom 4 Pro had a propeller come off mid-flight, and I contacted support, and sent them all the information they asked for. I keep having to call in order to get updates on my case. I have sent in my flight logs more than once, because they have lost them or something. They didn't even start to look at my flight logs until I returned home from vacation to send them the invoice. Why is support not able to start investigating a flight log prior to receiving an invoice? This process has been long and dragged out, and it's very frustrating.

I have insurance on my drone through a 3rd party, and I'm about ready to just claim the insurance instead of the manufacture warranty, because of how long everything takes. I was able to play back the flightlogs with an online tool in less than 10 minutes. I can't seem to understand why it would take over a week to open my flight logs, and to come back asking me to send them again.

On a few occasions on the phone, I asked to speak to a supervisor, and they would either hang up on me, or transfer me back to the same type of agent, back in the same queue, not a supervisor.

I can't get ahold of anyone who can actually seem to expedite anything for me. I am without a filming drone, and unable to work here. I purchased a different drone to use in the mean time, but it's not as good as my Phantom 4 Pro.

Has anyone else had similar experiences dealing with DJI?
2017-8-4 05:22:01
Use props
Fractures
lvl.4
Flight distance : 160042
United States

You're better off asking for people who have had a DIFFERENT experience than you did because the majority of people here have experienced exactly the same thing you just described; absolutely abysmal customer service. They cant even release a functional version of firmware for their products much less provide ACTUAL customer support. I have a brand new P4A that cant be updated because the only firmware available is complete sh**.  Welcome to the fun!!!

...even if you had your P4P you probably wouldnt be able to fly it anyways due to current firmware issues.

2017-8-4 05:30:00
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Canada

"Has anyone else had similar (bad) experiences dealing with DJI?"

Absolutely yes, some of us experienced badly managed DJI's after sale service, and many comes here for help like you do. Many others come here also to cry, vent and rant. However, the majority is served just right (sooner or later) and they usually don't bother to provide positive feedbacks on forums. Be patient, one way or another you'll be served ...
2017-8-4 07:28:05
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Japan

That must have been frustrating for you, Zamasu, we totally understand your feelings, we do apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing.
Would you please provide us your case number or ticket number? We'll escalate it soon and try our best to expedite the process.
Sorry again to have kept you waiting to get the data analyzed, appreciate your patience!
2017-8-4 18:55:51
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Japan

Fractures Posted at 2017-8-4 05:30
You're better off asking for people who have had a DIFFERENT experience than you did because the majority of people here have experienced exactly the same thing you just described; absolutely abysmal customer service. They cant even release a functional version of firmware for their products much less provide ACTUAL customer support. I have a brand new P4A that cant be updated because the only firmware available is complete sh**.  Welcome to the fun!!!

...even if you had your P4P you probably wouldnt be able to fly it anyways due to current firmware issues.

We are sorry to read on this, actually, we care much about customer experience on our products and service and we're always working to improve.
May we have some details for P4A upgrading issue? We'd love to help.
2017-8-4 19:01:55
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-4 18:55
That must have been frustrating for you, Zamasu, we totally understand your feelings, we do apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing.
Would you please provide us your case number or ticket number? We'll escalate it soon and try our best to expedite the process.
Sorry again to have kept you waiting to get the data analyzed, appreciate your patience!

CAS-834553-C9J5C6 is my case number.

The thing that frustrated me the most was how they wouldn't even look at my flight logs until after I returned home from vacation, when I started the claim immediately after the crash. Then they needed me to send the same flight logs a second time. They have all the info they requested, so the only thing I'm waiting on now, is someone to open the file just like I did, and DroneWorld did, and make the same determination that everyone else did.
2017-8-5 05:52:32
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
China

Zamasu Posted at 2017-8-5 05:52
CAS-834553-C9J5C6 is my case number.

The thing that frustrated me the most was how they wouldn't even look at my flight logs until after I returned home from vacation, when I started the claim immediately after the crash. Then they needed me to send the same flight logs a second time. They have all the info they requested, so the only thing I'm waiting on now, is someone to open the file just like I did, and DroneWorld did, and make the same determination that everyone else did.

Zamasu, thanks for bringing this to our attention, we care much about your feedback on our customer service, I’ve transferred your feedback to the supervisor, will keep improving to make your experience with us better.
Our data analysis team is working on analyzing flight records, we will keep you updated on Monday, appreciate your patience very much.
2017-8-5 19:58:51
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-5 19:58
Zamasu, thanks for bringing this to our attention, we care much about your feedback on our customer service, I’ve transferred your feedback to the supervisor, will keep improving to make your experience with us better.
Our data analysis team is working on analyzing flight records, we will keep you updated on Monday, appreciate your patience very much.

You guys wouldn't have my patience if I had any choice in the matter. Don't understand why someone couldn't have opened my flight logs on Friday when I sent them.

You guys say you have a data analysis team, but what I think you really have, is a group of employees who only open flight logs in a basic viewer, and play them back, and correspond via email. You couldn't possibly be doing more analysis than what myself and the drone insurance company did.

And of course they don't work on weekends, god forbid a consumer electronics company is open on weekends with their non front end support staff.
2017-8-6 09:20:05
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

Zamasu Posted at 2017-8-6 09:20
You guys wouldn't have my patience if I had any choice in the matter. Don't understand why someone couldn't have opened my flight logs on Friday when I sent them.

You guys say you have a data analysis team, but what I think you really have, is a group of employees who only open flight logs in a basic viewer, and play them back, and correspond via email. You couldn't possibly be doing more analysis than what myself and the drone insurance company did.

You have our sincere apologize for the unpleasant experience with our customer service, data analysis has been done, we will have someone to contact you about the details of the accident and further resolution very soon, please wait patiently. Thanks.
2017-8-6 19:32:15
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-6 19:32
You have our sincere apologize for the unpleasant experience with our customer service, data analysis has been done, we will have someone to contact you about the details of the accident and further resolution very soon, please wait patiently. Thanks.

DJI, the company that loses everything I send them. This is stupid. I was asked for a picture of the serial number from my controller. I wonder... Could that have maybe been sent ALREADY!?!? YES! I HAVE ALREADY SENT YOU THIS. This is the 2nd time you guys have asked me for something I already gave you. So useless, I really wish I claimed insurance instead of doing the warranty. I'm going to send the engineer another copy of the SAME EXACT PHOTO.
2017-8-8 00:14:29
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

See the date in that image? That's my original email. Nearly 2 weeks ago. This is what your staff are missing apparently.

DJI sucks
2017-8-8 00:23:33
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

Zamasu Posted at 2017-8-8 00:23
[view_image]

See the date in that image? That's my original email. Nearly 2 weeks ago. This is what your staff are missing apparently.

The picture you provided before doesn't include the serial number of RC, it should begin with 0BHJDCxxxxxxxx, which is pasted on the reverse side of RC.
Thanks for your understanding, we need it for warranty.
2017-8-8 01:08:57
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-8 01:08
The picture you provided before doesn't include the serial number of RC, it should begin with 0BHJDCxxxxxxxx, which is pasted on the reverse side of RC.
Thanks for your understanding, we need it for warranty.

That serial number in the picture is from the controller. It does not start with whatever you said it does. Unless its NOT in the settings of the controller, that's what it is
2017-8-8 01:40:40
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

The rep made me take the carbon fiber stickers that came with my controller off, just to get a serial number. Now my controller looks ugly with 80% of it being black carbon fiber, and the last part normal. Why the hell isn't the serial number the same as what comes up in the settings? I'm probably going to build my own drones instead of purchasing the Inspire 2. I could probably make something way better, and at least I could take personal responsibility for a failure.
2017-8-8 11:43:12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

Zamasu Posted at 2017-8-8 11:43
The rep made me take the carbon fiber stickers that came with my controller off, just to get a serial number. Now my controller looks ugly with 80% of it being black carbon fiber, and the last part normal. Why the hell isn't the serial number the same as what comes up in the settings? I'm probably going to build my own drones instead of purchasing the Inspire 2. I could probably make something way better, and at least I could take personal responsibility for a failure.

Sorry for the late response, I've checked the case status, the process is going on smoothly, appropriate team will communicate with you about the further steps, please keep them updated.
2017-8-10 02:24:39
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

They promised me a coupon code for a new drone, and said I would have it

"Per our colleagues, you offered us the remote serial number, which is correct. We will offer you a 100% off coupon code, then you can purchase another P4P without charger and remote from DJI online store.
The code will be ready later today or on 11th August. Have a great day"

It's August 11th now. They made me take the black carbon fiber stickers off my controller. My controller is now sticky to the touch. Wanna guess who doesn't get a new controller? ME!!! I insisted they didnt make me take the stickers off the controller. They made me do it. Now you guys don't care.

Guess what email I got today.

"We will send you the discussed coupon code in 3 working days. Then you can place an order with it on DJI online store. Sorry that the remote is not included. If there is a problem on the remote, please send a new email to support@dji.com to send back the remote. "

3 DAYS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ITS THE WEEKEND NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJI support is a joke. I am never buying a DJI drone after this. I have a sticky piece of crap controller now. I'm going to have to start using my phone or buy a new controller. I seriously hope DJI goes out of business. Because your customers, if they all have to deal with THIS, they must all hate you.
2017-8-11 03:34:48
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

Zamasu Posted at 2017-8-11 03:34
They promised me a coupon code for a new drone, and said I would have it

"Per our colleagues, you offered us the remote serial number, which is correct. We will offer you a 100% off coupon code, then you can purchase another P4P without charger and remote from DJI online store.

Coupon has been applied and has been sent to you. But we only cover lost part under warranty for this case.
For RC stickers, would you please upload a picture here? And by which channel our representative suggested you to take the stickers off? If by online chat or email, would you please post the screenshot? We will investigate this situation. Thanks.
2017-8-11 04:47:56
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-11 04:47
Coupon has been applied and has been sent to you. But we only cover lost part under warranty for this case.
For RC stickers, would you please upload a picture here? And by which channel our representative suggested you to take the stickers off? If by online chat or email, would you please post the screenshot? We will investigate this situation. Thanks.

It was by phone. I called you guys every other day to talk to a supervisor and push this case along.

I've already been issued the coupon without the controller.

I'm going to the court house now and filing a case in small claims court, for the cost of the controller, court fees, and my time wasted over the last 3 weeks.
2017-8-11 04:59:31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

Zamasu Posted at 2017-8-11 04:59
It was by phone. I called you guys every other day to talk to a supervisor and push this case along.

I've already been issued the coupon without the controller.

Please leave us some time for investigation, we will try our best to get it addressed for you. May I have your contact phone number which you used to contact our support?
2017-8-11 05:02:18
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-11 05:02
Please leave us some time for investigation, we will try our best to get it addressed for you. May I have your contact phone number which you used to contact our support?

I've PM'ed you my phone number. This should already be attached to my case...

I've already filled out the paperwork for the courthouse. I will wait until Monday for you. Otherwise, regardless of what's going on, I'm filing the paperwork, and whether I win or lose the case, you will spend more money than the cost of the controller on legal costs. If I win, I'll be charging for my time lost as well.

Please do the civil thing here.
2017-8-11 05:04:39
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

There was a battery in my drone when it had a hardware failure, why is the coupon not including a battery either? Add that to the list Mindy.
2017-8-11 05:13:22
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

Just contacted Legal@dji.com so they are aware of the situation
2017-8-11 05:21:46
Use props
fansa6d43ba7
lvl.1
Nigeria

Hello Guyz. I bought a Ronin-MX, it has 2 batteries. 1 of them is not charging at all.
The very first day, it showed light, not more than 2 minutes, these lights went off. Since then it has refused to charge. I only make do of 1. Please how can I get it to charge.
I am based in Nigeria, it's difficult sending it back.
2017-8-11 14:12:29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

Zamasu Posted at 2017-8-11 05:13
There was a battery in my drone when it had a hardware failure, why is the coupon not including a battery either? Add that to the list Mindy.

Thanks, I have informed local team to investigate as soon as possible.
Besides, the coupon includes battery, here is the list:
in the box.png
2017-8-11 21:32:38
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

I lost a Samsung 128GB SD card. Never using stock propellers again, that's what caused this failure.
2017-8-12 03:56:01
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
China

Zamasu Posted at 2017-8-12 03:56
I lost a Samsung 128GB SD card. Never using stock propellers again, that's what caused this failure.

Sorry for the accident, while we can only compensate the standard SD card for you.
2017-8-13 19:37:54
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-13 19:37
Sorry for the accident, while we can only compensate the standard SD card for you.

And I can waste company resources valuing more than my lost SD card and my controller.

Obviously you guys are responsible for my loss here. I would win in court. Today is Monday.

Am I getting my controller replaced or not? Because if not, as soon as I see you go offline for the day, I'm going to the courthouse and filing this paperwork.
2017-8-14 03:26:17
Use props
blueswellceo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13729
United States

I have the same issues DJI Customer support is ridiculous. I just drove to their USA headqaurters and was stopped before the front door by a hired security gaurd who basically said i am not the only one. You have to send it in via ups and wait. I have sent in my drone after 3 months of doing everything you did and I got a new drone back with worse issues than the first one. DJI seems to not care about customer support. Ask for a supervisor is a joke they just keep you on hold and then come back or hang up. I really wonder who is flying this company into the ground.
2017-8-14 14:21:06
Use props
blueswellceo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13729
United States

DJI as a customer who was thinking of getting the Mavic and the spark. I am holding off till I get my p4p working it should not take 3 months to get a drone that will fly correctly. Please if anyone cares to contact me, DO!
2017-8-14 14:25:29
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

blueswellceo Posted at 2017-8-14 14:21
I have the same issues DJI Customer support is ridiculous. I just drove to their USA headqaurters and was stopped before the front door by a hired security gaurd who basically said i am not the only one. You have to send it in via ups and wait. I have sent in my drone after 3 months of doing everything you did and I got a new drone back with worse issues than the first one. DJI seems to not care about customer support. Ask for a supervisor is a joke they just keep you on hold and then come back or hang up. I really wonder who is flying this company into the ground.

The thing is, DJI is required by law to warrant their products. In fact, if you are from California, they are required to extend that warranty up to 7 years. There are consumer protection laws in place to protect people against companies like DJI, and you need to make it clear that you mean business. Either honor the warranty or get sued.
2017-8-14 16:55:04
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

Zamasu Posted at 2017-8-14 03:26
And I can waste company resources valuing more than my lost SD card and my controller.

Obviously you guys are responsible for my loss here. I would win in court. Today is Monday.

Zamasu, we are deeply sorry to say the RC cannot be replaced for you after confirming with local support team.
According to After-Sale policy,  the replacement service can only be applied within fifteen calendar days of receiving the product if the product has sustained a substantial damage in transit. And we can only compensate or replace the lost parts due to malfunction.
We understand your frustration and sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, and we will cooperate positively with courthouse for further resolution.
2017-8-14 19:16:41
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
China

blueswellceo Posted at 2017-8-14 14:25
DJI as a customer who was thinking of getting the Mavic and the spark. I am holding off till I get my p4p working it should not take 3 months to get a drone that will fly correctly. Please if anyone cares to contact me, DO!

We apologize that you’re experiencing difficulties, unfortunately the repair facility is not public to all customers, we can only receive and ship out the products by third party express company.
Sorry for the unpleasant experience with our repair center and inconvenience that has been caused, could you happen to provide me your case number? I will help to look into what happened and escalate the case to ship your drone out as soon as possible.
2017-8-14 19:19:02
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-14 19:16
Zamasu, we are deeply sorry to say the RC cannot be replaced for you after confirming with local support team.
According to After-Sale policy,  the replacement service can only be applied within fifteen calendar days of receiving the product if the product has sustained a substantial damage in transit. And we can only compensate or replace the lost parts due to malfunction.
We understand your frustration and sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, and we will cooperate positively with courthouse for further resolution.

"the replacement service can only be applied within fifteen calendar days of receiving the product if the product has sustained a substantial damage in transit."

That's blatant disregard for consumer law. You don't get to choose how long you will honor some warranty for.
I'm going to work on building my own drone instead of ordering the Inspire 2. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can put you guys out of business.
2017-8-15 03:39:08
Use props
Zamasu
lvl.1
United States

I'll be in California in 1 week. I will be dropping off the paperwork at the courthouse. You'll get served by the local police department.
2017-8-15 03:40:20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
China

Zamasu Posted at 2017-8-15 03:40
I'll be in California in 1 week. I will be dropping off the paperwork at the courthouse. You'll get served by the local police department.

We will have appropriate department to cooperate with courthouse, sorry again for trouble caused.
2017-8-16 00:31:25
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next