Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Propeller visible on videos
1968 11 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YayaRenu
New
Belgium

Hi everyone!

I'm using the Mavic Pro for a few days now, and I'm wondering why that line is visible on camera. I'm pretty sure it is the propeller, or the reflexion of it.

20631448_10214350700147329_98339458_n - copie.jpg At bottom left, the curved-light line

It appears the whole flight, each time. Do you know what it is ? What should I do ?
I thought about a hair, but couldn't find anything, neither a mark.

Thank you all!
2017-8-4
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hey Yaya... when props are visible it is usually at top of screen and then as a dark shade rather than a light one.
Do you perhaps have your gimbal cover on?
If so then flying into or out of sunlight direction will cause such a bright smeer across the image.
In sunny weather without clouds it will be much worse.
My guess it is reflection from gimbal cover
2017-8-4
Use props
YayaRenu
New
Belgium

Thank you Bekaru!
I didn't think about that ... And it may be that! I'll have a try without the cover.
Thanks again!
2017-8-4
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Not sure if the gimbal cover should ever be used when recording video/taking stills. The Mavic on the cover of the DJI manual doesn't even have it on.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.6.pdf
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This might cause if you were wearing the gimbal cover when flying. Actually, it is a personal preference whether to have the gimbal cover mounted during flight. It can protect the gimbal from the wind in a certain extent, but it might have some issue like this thread mention. Avoid the direct sunlight might help if it has the props shadow during flight.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

dancopter Posted at 2017-8-4 08:52
Not sure if the gimbal cover should ever be used when recording video/taking stills. The Mavic on the cover of the DJI manual doesn't even have it on.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170710/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.6.pdf

Please refer to my reply above. Thanks.
2017-8-6
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

dancopter Posted at 2017-8-4 08:52
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170710/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.6.pdf

hey dancopter - all of the sample dji  clips in the goggles have the cover on - from take off , through flights and on landing.
I believe the only real draw back is the reflection it causes when flying about 45 degrees to the sun (left and right)
2017-8-6
Use props
editedweb
New
Flight distance : 15607 ft
Australia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-6 04:50
hey dancopter - all of the sample dji  clips in the goggles have the cover on - from take off , through flights and on landing.
I believe the only real draw back is the reflection it causes when flying about 45 degrees to the sun (left and right)

I fly without it, because in my mind it's one less source of interference.... or, one more thing to keep clean! However, I think using ND filters is a good idea, to protect the lens on the camera, easier to get a new filter than a new camera I would imagine.
The other thing, I would think that air flow might be a little better without the gimbal cover, and it's also a little less weight that is being flown, so in theory, having the cover off may give a few extra seconds of flight time.... Yes, I realise it's probably a completely insignificant amount
2017-8-6
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

Hey Yaya - today i few without my gimbal cover (i never fly with it any more because of that heavy reflection it makes) but still i noticed a softer and almost similar lense flare effect - although not as heavy as with cover on.
It happens when the mavic is flying at about 45 degrees into the sun
With the cover on the problem zone is bigger and the reflection problem is more pronounced
Without the cover the problem zone is smaller (you can yaw through it quicker) and the reflection less pronounced

I wonder if it has something to do with the nd filter because i do not remeber noticing this when i flew with out cover or nd filter - will investigate
2017-8-6
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

editedweb Posted at 2017-8-6 04:55
I fly without it, because in my mind it's one less source of interference.... or, one more thing to keep clean! However, I think using ND filters is a good idea, to protect the lens on the camera, easier to get a new filter than a new camera I would imagine.
The other thing, I would think that air flow might be a little better without the gimbal cover, and it's also a little less weight that is being flown, so in theory, having the cover off may give a few extra seconds of flight time.... Yes, I realise it's probably a completely insignificant amount

i recently got nd filters (after some months).
They make a big differance in filming and video quality and offer good protection potential to the naked lense in a crash
2017-8-6
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

I flew with the gimbal cover only once - on the first flights in the Beginner mode. And not since for exactly the reason depicted by OP - camera rim gets reflected from the inside of the cover.

If a 45*  sun is a problem, I would recommend buying a lens hood:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lens-Sha ... ic-Pro/292142009078

It protects the camera both physically and from the sun flares.
There is one catch, though - if you make abrupt heading or roll adjustments, the edges of the hood will come into frame. Bu if you fly in Cinematic of Tripod modes or simply fly carefully (which you should do when filming), it does its job nicely.
2017-8-6
Use props
JohnnyMav
lvl.1
United States

I have exact same problem. Just got my Mavic yesterday and noticed the issue.  Did some research and it appears this could be a known camera manufacturing defect, see this article http://refinedimpact.com/mavic-pro-glare

2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules