DJI Go 4 App Differences OTG-WiFi
1348 4 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spookymike
lvl.4
Germany

I played around a little to get a better connection to my spark.
There was also the OTG Option i tried. In these tests i figured out some differences in the Android APP between
the WiFi and the OTG Connection.

In OTG connection the WiFi logo has changed to "HD Logo" with a different diagramm.
In the MC settings there are some unknown flightmodes to be switched

I did a short video where i compared that both connection types!

Has any other also seen this?

2017-8-4
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

i saw this modes yesterday, haven't tried them just thought it was part of the new update
2017-8-4
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the modes in DJi go 4 app require a hardware switch on the RC, however again as i said , they are available to be enabled if DJi so chose.  as for HD/Wifi thing  again this a function i think DJi can improve massively on, it feels super unfinished, also hardware level capabilities far exceed the software limitations DJi imposing.  the Spark is compatable of dual band (syncing across both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands at same time) to cut interference, aid in faster channel switching/hopping and improve range and clarity.. it feels like DJi spent alot of money on the spark's hardware and all money saving was in software/firmware development for the spark..
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It has different transmission routes between WiFi connection and cable connection, so it has different settings. The connection between the Spark RC and the mobile device via OTG cable has not been fully tested, so I would suggest that you use it with caution.
2017-8-4
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-4 20:25
It has different transmission routes between WiFi connection and cable connection, so it has different settings. The connection between the Spark RC and the mobile device via OTG cable has not been fully tested, so I would suggest that you use it with caution.

When you have free time just test it the OTG and suggest it to your engineer so hope the next firmware update will be fully function and fly safe by using OTG method.
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules