Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Image Transmission (return to home)
2285 16 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tzuli
Flight distance : 346637 ft
Slovenia

Just bought the Mavic Pro. Flown it 5 times, 3 times with no success. I boot up remote + app + drone all works fine, a few meters after take off I get the following message (see the attached picture):
No Image Transmission (return to home) and the video transmission part of the screen goes black some of the statuses become N/A. I can still pilot the drone, RTH can be initiated but there is no video transmission. The video on the SD card is as it should be.

I use the iPhone7+ have done all the upgrades, and the calibrations and the drone's first flight was on the 27th of July.

The only difference that I can think off between the 2 times it failed and the other three times it did not was a very bad cellular data coverage at the time it did not work. I know should be irrelevant.

So disapointed in the product, it failed me twice (was carrying it to the montians to make some hiking videos, and it failed both times).

fullsizeoutput_1b5f.jpeg
2017-8-4
Use props
ColomboPilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 552569 ft
Czechia

I think, as it was mentioned here already before, that it is the problem with the RC -> iPhone cable. It happened to me as well few times. Today i plug my iPhone with its original apple cable and didnt, get disconnected. Sure need to do more flights to confirm ....

Anyway, When the image loss happened to me, I canceled the RTH and unplug and plug again the cable from RC and it within second or two regain image and I could continue flight.

And yes, it is annoying and DJI should supply better cables.

2017-8-4
Use props
neo0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115997 ft
United States

Have you update the firmware?
2017-8-4
Use props
fans5d2251dc
New
Flight distance : 253615 ft
Canada

J’ai deux photo une qui marche très bien sur iPad Pro l’autre sur iPhone 7 pro ne marche pas je sais plus quoi fais mon iPhone je suis  Plus capable de voir la vidéo il me marque nacelle déconnecter. Je débranche le iPhone 7 Plus et je branche le iPad Pro et tous va bien pourquoi
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please check the flowing steps:
First, please check whether the firmware had upgraded completely. Sometimes the firmware version with a +/- mark behind means the upgrading incomplete. You can check the version by this way: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
Second, please check could you control the gimbal by RC? If the gimbal doesn't move, please try to relink the drone and RC. If you can control it, please try to replug the connecting cable between the RC and the device or change to the original connecting cable of your mobile device. You can plug the port on the bottom of the RC, but need to pull out the cable on the left side first.
Third, try to reinstall the app, don't forget to backup important files and flight records first.
Fourth, please change another place to fly.
Please check if these would help.
2017-8-5
Use props
Tzuli
Slovenia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-5 23:51
Please check the flowing steps:
First, please check whether the firmware had upgraded completely. Sometimes the firmware version with a +/- mark behind means the upgrading incomplete. You can check the version by this way: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
Second, Please check could you control the gimbal by RC? If the gimbal doesn't move, please try to relink the drone and RC. If you can control it, please try to replug the connecting cable between the RC and the device or change to the original connecting cable of your mobile device. You can plug the port on the bottom of the RC, but need to pull out the cable on the left side first.

Hi

Thank you very much for your reply

1. All my firmware upgrades are current, no +/- anywhere
2. I was able to control the Gimbal during the signal transmission loss
- I did not have an extra cable on me was sure that a device that is 5 days old should work. I have connected/disconnected the cable many times between repeated takeoffs no success, image loss happened every time
- I do want to use the original RC Cable, it is far more convenient for my configuration
3. will reinstall although why were there a few successful flights?
4. Not sure what you mean by that? Change location? The video transmission loss happened at two very different locations.

I am really disappointed, I have a drone I can not trust, I carry it in my backpack not knowing if I will be able to shot video with it or not. On top losing time on the forums looking for solutions...
2017-8-6
Use props
ephektz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

Tzuli Posted at 2017-8-6 11:58
Hi

Except the stock cable has been known to cause exactly the issue you are experiencing. This isn't the UAV failing, this is the cable. You can get a short USB cable.

USB cables are fairly fragile, especially when they are small, light, and thin. I've not had an issue with my stock cable, but I baby it. When I'm using my iPad I use an Apple USB cable. When I am using my phone I use the stock cable. Yours seems to have suffered a failure.
2017-8-6
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Try a different SD card. I've had the same problem a couple of times which once was down to a corrupt SD card and another time was due to the card being almost full.
2017-8-6
Use props
TroutboyNZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I can't see how an SD card error would / could attribute to a transmission signal error? I guarantee you it's that crappy, wee flimsy flat cable supplied, even from new they fail, good thick, high quality shielded cable into the bottom port and you will not have this issue, also couple this with flying in flight mode and this issue will disapear, it's extremely common (see you have full HD signal bars and no transmission indicating the cable) and a root cause of Dji cutting corners on a very important cable.
2017-8-6
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-8-6 15:13
I can't see how an SD card error would attribute to this? I guarantee you it's that crappy, wee flimsy flat cable supplied, even from new they fail, good thick, high quality shielded cable into the bottom port and you will not have this issue, also couple this with flying in flight mode and this issue will disapear, it's extremely common (see you have full HD signal bars and no transmission indicating the cable) and a root cause of Dji cutting corners on a very important cable.

I can't either but it did. I managed to reproduce the error switching between cards and switching back again. Others have confirmed the same problem.
2017-8-6
Use props
Tzuli
Slovenia

Watty2000 Posted at 2017-8-6 15:16
I can't either but it did. I managed to reproduce the error switching between cards and switching back again. Others have confirmed the same problem.

Big thanks for all your replies. Just went to the same spot where I have experienced the problems for the first time. Flew first with the original RC - Lightning cable, there was a loss of transmission immediately but when I changed the cable with the USB - Lightning cable (bottom RC port) it worked like a charm.

It really sucks to have the RC cable defective out of the box, so how do I get the DJI to send mi the new replacement Free of charge?

2017-8-7
Use props
BeefStew
Flight distance : 79875 ft
United States

Tzuli Posted at 2017-8-7 09:20
Big thanks for all your replies. Just went to the same spot where I have experienced the problems for the first time. Flew first with the original RC - Lightning cable, there was a loss of transmission immediately but when I changed the cable with the USB - Lightning cable (bottom RC port) it worked like a charm.

It really sucks to have the RC cable defective out of the box, so how do I get the DJI to send mi the new replacement Free of charge?

i wouldn't bother - I've seen this issue is quite common with the DJI cables, so i wouldn't have much faith in a replacement cable being much difference, just use your own/better cable.

Anthony
2017-8-7
Use props
GrahamG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73369 ft
Mexico

I had exact same issue. Upgraded to iPad mini 4 with new lightning connector. Works great. I'm sure the old thread also said to fly with your phones airplane mode switched on
2017-8-7
Use props
el pelo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

This is a common issue. Here is a good recommended lightning cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Tzuli Posted at 2017-8-6 11:58
Hi

Yes, try to change another place to fly. How far is the drone when the image get disconnected? If you had tried to fly it in a different place, changed another connecting cable, flew it without SD card, reinstall the app etc. but still not worked, please send the drone in and we will have a check for this.
2017-8-9
Use props
Lars_O
New
Sweden

I have the same problem with iphone7+, solution have been to set the iPhone in flight mode.... then everything works fine
2017-8-10
Use props
R_Adams
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9144 ft
Canada

Hello

I created a post about a similar issue and the iPhone in the DJI Go section; https://forum.dji.com/thread-110319-1-1.html

Maybe it is similar to your issue?

Thanks.
2017-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules