Drone Attacked me
991 9 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kiefdog
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys. I love my Mavic Pro. It's been great. But be careful with it. I took mine off from about 3' away and it immediately went sideways towards my face and I stuck my hand out to stop it and it cut my hand up real good.

DJI drones are fun but my point is they have potential to cut you so be careful!
2017-8-4
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

Your drone did not "attack" you. Is it a full moon out tonight? All the good threads are bubbling to the top.
2017-8-4
Use props
Oh My
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18694 ft
New Zealand

Careful. Mavic tries to commit suicide too.  Like my one did.
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We are so sorry about this case, please check your hand and go to the hospital to take care of it. We always recommend flying the drone with caution. But to verify, had you touched any sticks for this situation? Had you got any messages from the app? Please try to calibrate the IMU and then test to find whether the drone works normally.  Please contact us if it has any abnormal reactions. Thank you.
2017-8-5
Use props
Mblumster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61900 ft
United States

Typically I choose at least 15 feet of separation upon launch.  I had an issue where a strong wind gust blew my Mavic sideways and luckily I was not in the in-commanded path. Hopefully you hand heals without any issues.
2017-8-5
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

Drone Attack ... "Terminator" .... I do not think  Mavic will make a move if you do not touch a stick, not even in high  wind conditions when we take off, we tested the take-off under different  conditions and besides rising to 1m did not do anything special
2017-8-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I usually stand about 25 feet away when i launch, give me a little a extra time to get out of the way.
2017-8-5
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Did you fly your Mavic in ATTI mode?
2017-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

3 metre for pilot all others 30 metres.
2017-8-5
Use props
kiefdog
lvl.1
United States

Yeah thanks for the advice guys. Your right the drone wasn't out to get me. But the lesson to learn is it won't always go straight up from take off. Also I never thought it could cut skin. If it gets you right it'll cut you good. I will still fly my drone, with lots of caution. I'm a little intimidated by it now haha
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules