Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
US Army reportedly ceasing use of all DJI drone products
1188 7 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anthonyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Much more information needed from both parties.

According to a memo obtained by sUAS News, the US Army will stop using DJI drones, effective immediately. "Due to increased awareness of cyber vulnerabilities associated with DJI products, it is directed that the US Army halt use of all DJI products," said the memo, which listed flight computers, cameras, radios, batteries, speed controllers, GPS units, handheld control stations and any device with DJI software applications installed on it as products that must cease being used. According to the document, the Army Aviation Engineering Directorate has issued over 300 Airworthiness Releases for DJI products. "Cease all use, uninstall all DJI applications, remove all batteries/storage media from devices, and secure equipment for follow on direction," the memo continued.
https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/04/us-army-ceasing-use-dji-drone/

2017-8-4
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I'm surprised they're using them at all, given the sensitivity to spying/security from a foreign country that it has an uneasy relationship with.
2017-8-4
Use props
SafariMan
First Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

One thread with same subject is enough don't you think? Check before posting http://forum.dji.com/thread-107658-1-1.html
2017-8-4
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

Had both DJI Go and Go 4 installed. Hadn't used my phantom which uses the Go in a week and my battery was burning up and showed that as the culprit. I uninstalled Go. Go 4 don't seem as bad but still no reason these things need to upload all that data.

Might be another reason to use Litchi? They from a friendly in the UK. I have it installed but haven't been using it but might in light of this. I'm just a nobody and don't see why they would need all that data from a nowhere place that I live in.

Concerned more about the battery usage than anything else cause I don't have nothing on that ipad mini 4 except minimal to fly the drones

Think the Army just figured out how talkative these Apps are and that could be a bad thing in certain situations

2017-8-4
Use props
Oh My
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18694 ft
New Zealand

dancopter Posted at 2017-8-4 17:54
I'm surprised they're using them at all, given the sensitivity to spying/security from a foreign country that it has an uneasy relationship with.

I thought the same. They should use their own developed system only.
2017-8-4
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

Maybe they were using DJI software to try to copy it to make there own  system someone in the chain Open DJI software and Dissected There security/Firewall and  it was ...CODE BROWN.!
2017-8-4
Use props
fansf1224c1b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17247 ft
United Kingdom

I see DJI are deleting posts where they dont like what is being said..... More Chinese "Big Brother".

I believe my comments on this thread, were not a threat to DJI nor anyone else, but were part and parcel of the discussion being undertaken by other users..... I guess its a case of "Freedom of Speech" does not apply with the Chinese.

Come on DJI at least allow frank discussions about this current situation with the U.S DoD
2017-8-4
Use props
anthonyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

SafariMan Posted at 2017-8-4 18:54
One thread with same subject is enough don't you think? Check before posting http://forum.dji.com/thread-107658-1-1.html

Didn't see it because there was no descriptive title.  Just a link.
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules