Spot the croc....
1158 8 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zamboon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

Good day folk, though that I would share this, though not a great photo due to the gleaming white involved. The middle of the first  photo are Cormorant chicks in a guano covered tree, when disturbed they drop into the water to escape the potential predator but look who’s waiting for them!

croc 1.jpg
croc 2.jpg
2017-8-4
Use props
SteWong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3119432 ft
Hong Kong

wow.... cool.... where about was that?
2017-8-4
Use props
Oh My
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18694 ft
New Zealand

That would be useful for a fish spotting mission.
2017-8-5
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.3
Zambia

SteWong Posted at 2017-8-4 21:54
wow.... cool.... where about was that?

In Zambia....was checking out the birds and only picked out the shadows later, was also fishing there a few hours before......
2017-8-5
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

A great example of photobombing! Unusual for it to be a croc. They say in northern Australia if you can see 1, there are 6 more lurking! Enjoy your next fishing trip!
2017-8-5
Use props
Mblumster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61900 ft
United States

Very nice, thanks for sharing.  were you using any filters? I am assuming not due to the large white glare.  you may want to invest in some filters to enhance your pictures
2017-8-5
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.3
Zambia

Mblumster Posted at 2017-8-5 03:11
Very nice, thanks for sharing.  were you using any filters? I am assuming not due to the large white glare.  you may want to invest in some filters to enhance your pictures

Thanks Mblumster, yes I’ve still got a way to go on my photography. I did use a number 4 ND filter and usually have a better result by using the histogram and manual settings that I tweak when I’m over the site I want to photograph, this time there were a couple of fish eagles hunting and did not want to sit around too long whilst I buggered around with the settings :-) The pure white from the guano messed things up a bit as well and i am still not sure what to do about that sort of contrast.
2017-8-8
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

RobDownUnder Posted at 2017-8-5 02:35
A great example of photobombing! Unusual for it to be a croc. They say in northern Australia if you can see 1, there are 6 more lurking! Enjoy your next fishing trip!

I see 2 crocs one in the upper part submerged, and the other in the right part of the image, near a small island with a tree
2017-8-8
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

I was unsure if one partial submerged was croc or old tree stump. The bitey bit in real life would suggest that I wouldn't go to close to see. I have lots of croc pictures that look like it was dangerous, but I use a Canon SX60 camera with huge zoom capability!
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules