Firmware update failed and now RC and AC do not connect
2062 11 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbf7c4b4b
New
Sri Lanka

I have not used my Inspire for over a year as I was in Vietnam were flying is very restricted.
Being now in Sri Lanka i tried to update the firmware via DJI Go app.
All seemed fine and it started uploading.
Then all stopped and process stopped.
I then tried to update via SIM card, downlaoded file, inserted card into camera, remote off, AC on on.
It started peeping and doing all the signs off sucessful upload.
But then after 30 min it as well stopped.
Text says
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.11.01.50.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

Spoke with DJI support and they suggested to send drone in for repair!?

Now remote and AC do not connect and new firmware updates dont work at all, nothing happens.

Any advice what else to do?
Thank you and best regards
Norman
2017-8-5
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Looks  to me like the update was successful if the  bottom result says the SD "firmware is identical or older than what is already on the AC " .  did you try to update more than once on the AC? sometimes the first one is a success and you did not realize it  ( not sure on this but possible )

Look at the hidden file and see if there is a record of the 1.11 being successful at some point .

ONCE YOU CONFIRM THIS  you will then update the RC  via wi fi .   DO NOT DO THIS TILL THE AC IS UPDATED  

then you may need to re link .

I have  a tips page on updating and how to view the hidden file to read the log .

so bottom line , I think you may already be updated on the Aircraft .... and will need to update ( the RC )  and re link the AC and RC.
Tips for Load NEW firmware to RC and AC- Insp. 1 Phantom ADV & PRO
How to View Hidden Files: Tool to  diagnose No signal and SD  Issues

Post the hidden file if not sure how to read it .  

donnie

2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please inform us the indicator of Aircraft and RC when you power on? You may try Donnie's suggestion, re-link the RC and aircraft.
2017-8-6
Use props
Tunnel Flyer
New
United Kingdom

Hi. I had the same issue. Updated the RC before the AC and now the two do not connect and the motors alarm on power up. Please help

Inspire 1
2017-8-7
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Tunnel Flyer Posted at 2017-8-7 03:14
Hi. I had the same issue. Updated the RC before the AC and now the two do not connect and the motors alarm on power up. Please help

Inspire 1

Remain calm and let's  get you sorted, so you updated the RC first correct .....and now the AC is locked in travel mode is that correct ?  If so, you need to rollback the RC to version  1.5.8 ( Or whatever version is the current match on the AC, I will leave a list but the 1.5.8 is usually where things like this happen ). Once you rollback you may need to re link with the AC  ( not always ). when you do then update the AC  first  ( BE SURE RC TRANSMITTER IS OFF ) and then Updated the RC transmitter ,

Here is a list of matching FW you will want to get back to matching ( between the AC and RC for the best result .  Also I will leave my tips link , they are  at the bottom ( or near cant remember ) for instructions on re linking . Re link instructions  will be in RED

Tips for Load NEW firmware to RC and AC- Insp. 1 Phantom ADV & PRO

X3 (Inspire 1)
1.2.0.14 - Jan '15
1.2.0.16 - Feb '15
1.2.0.17 - Mar '15
1.2.1.0 - Apr '15
1.2.1.03 - May '15
1.2.1.06 - May '15
1.3.0.00 - Aug '15
1.4.0.10 - Sept '15
1.5.0.30 - Dec '15
1.6.0.40 - Dec '15 - R/C 1.5.70
1.7.0.90 - Mar '16 - R/C 1.5.80
1.8.1.00 - Apr '16 - R/C 1.6.0
1.9.1.10 - June '16
1.9.1.30 - July '16 - R/C 1.7.40
1.10.1.40 - Dec '16

X5 (Inspire Pro)
1.1.0.40 - Nov '15
1.2.0.50 - Dec '15
1.3.0.60 - Dec '15
1.4.0.70 - Mar '16
1.8.1.00 - Apr '16 - R/C 1.6.0
1.9.1.10 - June '16
1.9.1.30 - July '16 - R/C 1.7.40
1.10.1.4.0 - Dec '16

good luck  and let us know

So bottom line rollback the RC to the firmware that is currently on the AC  ( make the match from list above ) ( watch the video but make sure you have a good wi fi siganl to the go app device when doing so , Just like when you updated it......(prematurley ) ... then relink if needed, then update the AC before the Rc......easy peasy lemon squeezy.

donnie

2017-8-7
Use props
Tunnel Flyer
New
United Kingdom

Ok so I rolled back the firmware on the RC to 1.5.80. Aircraft motors still alarming and RC still not communicating??? Thanks for the help guys
2017-8-8
Use props
Tunnel Flyer
New
United Kingdom

scratch that. All sorted and up to date and no more alarms. Thanks Donnie. Last question.I hadnt used the Inspire for over a year before this for various reasons and it had been stored. I cannot seem to get 3 of the batteries to charge now??? Any Ideas???
2017-8-8
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

This happened to me as well with my Inspire 2 on the latest firmware. Re-linking the RC to the aircraft fixed it -- not sure if this is the same issue as you are having though.
2017-8-8
Use props
fansbf7c4b4b
New
Sri Lanka

Dear Donnie,
Thank you for all your advises and help. Very useful.
I think main mistake was that when I updated the RC via DJI GoApp I had the AC on.
I am not a very technically person and just followed instructions on the app.
Anyway it is how it is and i try to stay calm.
I already tried to update RC, but the light just remains solid red and nothing happens
Before reading your advises I actually already gave up and was ready to send all to DJI service centre for fixing.
I managed to put the AC into travel mode manual using a screwdriver and a small screw underneath gimbel holder.
I will now put it back into flight mode and try to link AC with RC as per your advise.
As well I will try to get an extract on the hidden files.
Norman

2017-8-9
Use props
fansbf7c4b4b
New
Sri Lanka

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-5 04:16
Looks  to me like the update was successful if the  bottom result says the SD "firmware is identical or older than what is already on the AC " .  did you try to update more than once on the AC? sometimes the first one is a success and you did not realize it  ( not sure on this but possible )

Look at the hidden file and see if there is a record of the 1.11 being successful at some point .

Dear Donnie,
I think main mistake was that when I updated the RC via DJI GoApp I had the AC on.
I am not a very technically person and just followed instructions on the app.
Anyway it is how it is and i try to stay calm.
I already tried to update RC, but the light just remains solid red and nothing happens
Before reading your advises I actually already gave up and was ready to send all to DJI service centre for fixing.
I managed to put the AC into travel mode manual using a screwdriver and a small screw underneath gimbel holder.
I will now put it back into flight mode and try to link AC with RC as per your advise.
As well I will try to get an extract on the hidden files.
Norman
2017-8-9
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

fansbf7c4b4b Posted at 2017-8-9 03:56
Dear Donnie,

Ok I think if you re link you may get out of his pickle , let me know

donnie
2017-8-9
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Tunnel Flyer Posted at 2017-8-8 05:47
scratch that. All sorted and up to date and no more alarms. Thanks Donnie. Last question.I hadnt used the Inspire for over a year before this for various reasons and it had been stored. I cannot seem to get 3 of the batteries to charge now??? Any Ideas???

This is always a tough one as these batteries are very fragile .  If they were not stored properly they may be fried.  go to you tube and ask there the question , there are some video s on removing the cover and charging directly to the batteries, only do this if you Know a bit about batteries and what Not , dont want to start a fire .

May be best just to replace them and chalk it up to life lesson on battery storage.  Wish I had a better answer.

donnie
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules