Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware 3.12 Tested. ***Did you Update yet?
2246 25 2015-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
corekiteboardin
lvl.1

United States

Hey Guys,

Did you install the Firmware 3.12 yet? Some people are waiting and staying with 3.08
I did wait, and then last week I decided to update and explore some of the new features.
Our video below shows some of the stuff people haven't been talking too much about that
is included in this update. Some pretty cool new features.

2015-3-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Upgraded the day after release and no issues, probably 30+'full batteries without a hiccup
FYI...I just watched their video and they were inaccurate relative to control of the Pahntom during the RTH!
You do not have any control to navigate the Phantom during the RTH until the Phantom has reached the RTH location and started to descend. Matter of fact!!
2015-3-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Tweety P2V2H33D Posted at 2015-3-26 20:16
They have updated the video?

Guy

Yes,
I sent him an email yesterday after I watched it as it claimed full control during RTH, damn, I could have been famous! But he did say he would send me a T-Shirt.
2015-3-26
Use props
jtrjr
Captain
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Hey, he's paying attention. That'll be good for business. Good for you and good for him.

Jerry
2015-3-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-3-26 21:52
Hey, he's paying attention. That'll be good for business. Good for you and good for him.

Jerry

What was cool was that he responded to my email in a few minutes and has already corrected it! That is good business.
2015-3-26
Use props
jtrjr
Captain
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-26 21:58
What was cool was that he responded to my email in a few minutes and has already corrected it! Tha ...

Yeah, I've actually learned a few things from his videos. It definitely is good business. IMHO, Something we need more of in this country these days. I'll certainly be looking at their stuff the next time I need something!

Jerry
2015-3-26
Use props
atcosby
lvl.1

United States

With the new software update 3.12 will that also prevent the phantom 2 from being able to fly near airports similar to how the no fly zone is setup for Washington D.C?
2015-3-26
Use props
jwebb3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 695023 ft
United States

Justin's a good guy. I've actually visited his shop and he was cool to talk to.  I purchased my Vision plus from him last July. After purchase Any question I sent by email was promptly replied to.
2015-3-26
Use props
acenothing
Second Officer
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Are you kidding.  You must be the last on to upgrade.  Dude go for it.  Everything is fine!  
2015-3-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

atcosby@aol.com Posted at 2015-3-27 03:40
With the new software update 3.12 will that also prevent the phantom 2 from being able to fly near a ...

Don't know because I ain t going anywhere near an airport...Last place you should be with one of these anyway!
That said, there are references to the various airports, check them, out...
2015-3-26
Use props
atcosby
lvl.1

United States

I have no intentions on flying near airports or any higher than 121 meters especially when I know of known Air traffic routes. Here at my work I'm within 1.5 miles of the Red Stone Arsenal Airfield so we have Fix Wings and Rotary Wings flying over our building all the time. I flew the phantom around my work but stayed very low since I was filming the construction taking place on the new Cabelas building.  What I was wondering though is if I updated the software if it would prevent me from flying at all to be able to film the construction progress at cabelas? So I can look up the airports that are on the list and see how far away you have to be before I could potentially fly? Actually it may be more like 2.5 miles, I will check it on google earth tmrw and see the true distance.
2015-3-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

atcosby@aol.com Posted at 2015-3-27 09:32
I have no intentions on flying near airports or any higher than 121 meters especially when I know of ...

Fair question and good to ask, there are some lists, sorry, I do not have them, I would definitely check it out though, sweet..a new Cabelas, I hate those stores, I always want to buy something when I go in one,,,dang it!.
2015-3-26
Use props
atcosby
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-27 10:13
Fair question and good to ask, there are some lists, sorry, I do not have them, I would definitely ...

Turns out the Airfield is right at 2.5 miles from me and the new Cabelas store will be 1/4 of a mile from work so yes I hate where its being constructed as well especially on pay day!  This will be Alabama's first official Cabelas store and they chosed a very good location for it.  There have been proposals for a Bass Pro Shops to come into the region as well which I would love that as well.  Due to our outstanding resources for fishing and having the TN river flowing through most of all of North Alabama, we are known for excellent bass fishing and others alike.
2015-3-27
Use props
fhagan02
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

I'm sticking with my current firmware and the 3.6 software. Way too many negative reports still popping up. Both my birds fly and film well so I just can't see a reason to chance it. I'm going against my norm which is to be... "Mr. Immediate Update". I like having the most current firmware on whatever equipment I own. I realize with any firmware, system or application update you should be cautious. Many folks have reported no issues at all while others can't safely fly their bird anymore. And that's just it: DJI updates seem to work...or they don't. Unfortunately my experience with DJI updates has proven to be an even 50/50 toss of a coin. Two brand new, in perfect working order, H3-3D gimbals sent back after bricking on firmware update. The old "firmware zap with tweezers" trick wouldn't even bring them back to life. It's been a few months but I've never received a response to emails I sent to customer support requesting help.

I'm not trying to simply bash DJI. I've given them a lot of my money. I love my DJI equipment... I really do. But I'll humbly and reluctantly admit... I think their product testing and customer support departments really need an overhaul.
2015-3-27
Use props
kss113
lvl.3
United States

Got my drone on march 6th, and the first thing I did was to upgrade everything.
2015-3-27
Use props
corekiteboardin
lvl.1

United States

Do you break in your new lipos? See how...

Drone Camps RC shows new pilots how to break in a new battery for a more efficient and long lasting battery. See how to get a healthier battery out of your new lipo.

2015-3-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

corekiteboardin Posted at 2015-3-28 09:44
Do you break in your new lipos? See how...

Drone Camps RC shows new pilots how to break in a new ba ...

How long would a battery usually last?
2015-3-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-28 09:46
How long would a battery usually last?

Maybe we should switch to Energizer battery's, apparently it would just keep going and going an going.....
2015-3-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-28 10:39
Maybe we should switch to Energizer battery's, apparently it would just keep going and going an go ...

You wascally wabbit!
2015-3-27
Use props
TSP181
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

I upgraded to 3.12 today after holding off to see what the consensus on the quality of the software would be.   First flight was flawless.   
2015-3-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

TSP181 Posted at 2015-3-29 11:20
I upgraded to 3.12 today after holding off to see what the consensus on the quality of the software  ...

Another satisfied customer,  that's what we like to hear!
2015-3-28
Use props
jimhubbard43
lvl.1

United States

I just got the Phantom 3 today, but the firmware update needed to launch it isn't out for another week.  How have testers been flying theirs??
2015-4-30
Use props
Yug
Second Officer

Australia

jimhubbard43@gm Posted at 2015-5-1 07:23
I just got the Phantom 3 today, but the firmware update needed to launch it isn't out for another we ...

Welcome to the world run by DJI. They couldn't run a P!@#$up in a brewery!

Yug
2015-4-30
Use props
Raybro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Yug Posted at 2015-5-1 07:48
Welcome to the world run by DJI. They couldn't run a P!@#$up in a brewery!

Yug

Yug, from what I've seen, unless they have an android device, it's a glorified Phantom 2. No software!
2015-4-30
Use props
Yug
Second Officer

Australia

Raybro Posted at 2015-5-1 08:17
Yug, from what I've seen, unless they have an android device, it's a glorified Phantom 2. No softw ...

They will get it sorted eventually but in the meantime P3's will be grounded?

Yug
2015-4-30
Use props
jimhubbard43
lvl.1

United States

Yes, they're grounded for now.  I'm just starring at it for a week until they release the firmware and app updates.
2015-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules