Advice required on First Ever Mavic video
551 8 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CX15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 665597 ft
Hong Kong

My first attempt at making a video with my Mavic (or any other camera for that matter)!
Software: Adobe Prmier Pro CC 2015No colour grading as such, but small adjustments to contrast, lightness and saturation.

Mavic settings:
Auto
Standard profile 0 / 0 / 0
4K/30fps
ISO 100
ND3 filter (DJI brand)

I am particularly wondering why some fast panning shots appear very jerky, almost flickering. (See position 20s to 30s specifically. More pronounced when fullscreen)
Is this because I left shutter speed in Auto?
Will shooting at 1/60 shutter speed make a big difference?
And if so, some shots have quite a big change in exposure, how will I control that mid scene?

Any constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated :-)
Rgds
CX

2017-8-5
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

I like your video, the location is amazing and i'm shure you can improve a lot!! I'm starting to make video with the mavic too so I can't give you the most professional advices but only my personal taste, in my opinion you have to practice and try to get the smooth and slow movements possible like panning and tilting the camera. It will give you the most cinematic effect, you can try play with the gimbal settings in the app. But of course it all depends on the personal taste. Keep fliyng safe mate
2017-8-5
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

2017-8-5
Use props
M K ULTRA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5778337 ft
United States

I liked the video.  I'd suggest slowing the craft down in general and doing some "point of interest" shots.
2017-8-5
Use props
Macdugel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 630577 ft
United States

Great first video - You have the right idea with the shots and movements, I would agree slowing them down a tad would give a smoother watch.  Keep sharing - looks like a cool location you live around, where is it if you don't mind me asking?
Edit: Possibly try cinematic mode when shooting - gives a less "jerky" shot in video when making those strafing shots etc.  CAUTION with this flight mode though - you get delayed responses at the stick and often results in crashes if not practiced and rehearsed properly.  Try the mode higher up out of the way of obstacles to get the feel for the mode.  
2017-8-5
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

Great video and location. Shoot at 1/60th of a second shutter speed and  100 - 200 iso. And slow down a little with the panning shots.
2017-8-5
Use props
Igor42
lvl.2
Russia

Круто!
2017-8-5
Use props
Oh My
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18694 ft
New Zealand

Slow and gentle movement makes nice footage usually.
Your finger also need to be sensitive.
You might find easier control if you adjust the camera tilt control speed.
If you rotate 360° pan (yaw) continuously, it tend to stop momentarily once or twice.
It is known issue.
2017-8-5
Use props
CX15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 665597 ft
South Africa

Thanks for all the comments!
I will try to slow things down a bit.

The location is at Quincy Quarries just south of Boston.
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules