7055 30 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kassabe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 804 ft
Lebanon

Hi guys,
What is the best tablet to use with P4P ?

2017-8-5
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Better question might be what tablets are people using without any problems directly attributable to the tablet and provides them with good viewing capability in various conditions?  Has good battery life, handy ports like HDMI, and handles all the apps they are using without difficulty.

Simply asking which tablet is the best will mostly likely get you a varying set of opinions based on folks bias and their preference toward a particular product line i.e. apple vs droid.

...and yes, I'm interested in what answers people will give too.
2017-8-6
Use props
Kassabe
lvl.2
Lebanon

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-6 21:51
Better question might be what tablets are people using without any problems directly attributable to the tablet and provides them with good viewing capability in various conditions?  Has good batter life, handy ports like HDMI, and handles all the apps they are using without difficulty.     Simply asking which tablet is the best will mostly likely get you a varying set of opinions based on folks bias and their preference toward a particular product line i.e. apple vs droid.

Hi Genghis9,
That is actually what I wanted to ask, but I just put it in brief.
2017-8-7
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Kassabe Posted at 2017-8-7 03:50
Hi Genghis9,
That is actually what I wanted to ask, but I just put it in brief.

Understood, just trying to assist, as I noted I'm interested too.
2017-8-7
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
United Kingdom

I'm using a Huawei M2 Media Tab 10".  Fits the 4 Pro cradle - just.

While it might not be the brightest - an inexpensive sunhood helps immensely.

Screen is 1080p resolution - so all good there, and lets me see 1st person view very well.

DJI Go 4 App has had one crash though, in about 15 hours of flying.  Drone still RTH'd easily enough though.

Once drone was safely landed, restarted the tablet - and it hasn't missed a beat since.

Compared to the prices you pay for a similar sized Samsung or Apple product, I'd say I've got a good product.
2017-8-7
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31276 ft
United States

This has been asked and posted many times before:     Best Tablets/Phones
2017-8-7
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

It you want minimal difficulties get an Apple device. Anything since iphone 6 or ipad air2. The app is best suited for Apple devices. Most android devices have one issue or another. My iphone 6 has never had an issue with go4 however every android device ive tried didnt work worth a damn. There are great android devices that will run go4 issue free but its a crap shoot if your gonna get one that works flawlessly. Ive seen one android device that people say works great and someone else with the same exact device says its rubbish.
2017-8-7
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-7 05:03
It you want minimal difficulties get an Apple device. Anything since iphone 6 or ipad air2. The app is best suited for Apple devices. Most android devices have one issue or another. My iphone 6 has never had an issue with go4 however every android device ive tried didnt work worth a damn. There are great android devices that will run go4 issue free but its a crap shoot if your gonna get one that works flawlessly. Ive seen one android device that people say works great and someone else with the same exact device says its rubbish.

Does anyone use Nvidia Shield K1 lte?
2017-8-8
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Enilson Arneiro Posted at 2017-8-8 06:47

I know a lot of people have had issues with the Shield crashing a lot. It may have been fixed, idk but there were some issues with it.
2017-8-8
Use props
Vayreda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30190 ft
United Kingdom

I do and it works great. Only downgraden from Android 7.0 to 6.1 and you got a perfect tablet.
2017-8-8
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59892 ft
Lebanon

I just got a Samsung Tab S3 T820 model. Expensive but well worth it. I still haven't tried it on my P4 and P4P so I'm interested in hearing from those who are using it.
2017-8-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-7 05:03

I have to agree with you Duc. I've owned both - iPad/iPhone and Android quad-core - running both DJI GO and Litchi, and I've only experienced issues on the Android. I ended up selling the Android tablet. But you need at least an A8 CPU now because of the video transmission decoding demands imposed by GO v4.1.x - or run Litchi.  ;-)
And the sun-screen is a nice-to-have on bright days too.
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to check here: http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
P4P Recommended List.png
2017-8-13
Use props
Kassabe
lvl.2
Lebanon

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-13 01:12
I would recommend you to check here: http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads

Appreciate it Susan, thank you.
2017-8-14
Use props
izorita
lvl.1
Spain

I have already flown 4 times with my new samsung tab S3 LTE and phantom 4 pro and no problem. With the direct sun sometimes it costs a little to see some darker, but in general goes very well.
2017-8-14
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

I do. My biggest issue with it is the screen brightness. I have a matt screen protector on it and I have been thinking about trying to remove that to see if it makes the screen any brighter, however I don't want to be faced with another issue - glare!

Most of the time the tablet performs great, however I will admit that sometimes I get the horizontal blocks of colour for a second or two.
EDIT: It's important NOT to update the Shield to the latest version of Android. I belive there is a show stopping issue, with the GO App crashing. If you browse the forum you will see that DJI have been made aware of this issue, however even after all this time, have been unable to resolve it. So best to just not update.
2017-8-14
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Brazil

phantom_of_the_ Posted at 2017-8-14 08:37
I do. My biggest issue with it is the screen brightness. I have a matt screen protector on it and I have been thinking about trying to remove that to see if it makes the screen any brighter, however I don't want to be faced with another issue - glare!

Most of the time the tablet performs great, however I will admit that sometimes I get the horizontal blocks of colour for a second or two.

Thanks for the tips .... unfortunately we are in the hands of DJI with this infamous firmware ... I can not fly with quality .... I made a flight with Shield ... I liked what I saw ... well stable ...
2017-8-14
Use props
cruising.com.br
lvl.2
Brazil

How about the ASUS Zenpad Z581KL (8'' screen)?

I connected my wife's ASUS Zenfone to my P4P remote control and it works fine. I think ASUS puts a "pure" Android in its devices. Samsung, never more!
(my Samsung A9 don't connects to P4P)
2018-2-28
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a Mini 4, at this time it is a bit slow. Getting error messages that the CPU is overloaded.
2018-2-28
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

Steve Slechta Posted at 2017-8-7 04:33
This has been asked and posted many times before:     Best Tablets/Phones

Wow, got lucky !!!
The two tablets I got for flying last year made the list.
I have an Asus Zenpad in the 8" and 10" version.
2018-3-2
Use props
Vayreda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30190 ft
United Kingdom

I do and its perfect
2018-3-2
Use props
E.T._Drone_Home
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99117 ft
United States

I use it also. Very stable and great for other uses because of the HDMI out. Things went south with Android Nougat 7 update so rolling back is critical to keeping it stable. Not a big deal once it's rolled back.
Use it about every day to play Kodi and the MotoGP app to my television via HDMI. It put's out a beautiful picture.
I would eventually like to install a good size monitor in my vehicle and connect to it via the HDMI out when flying. Need a spotter for that!
2018-3-3
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Brazil

Thanks for the answer ... I do not really like the brightness of the screen, always very dark for a country as sunny as Brazil.
2018-3-6
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Brazil

E.T._Drone_Home Posted at 2018-3-3 12:22
I use it also. Very stable and great for other uses because of the HDMI out. Things went south with Android Nougat 7 update so rolling back is critical to keeping it stable. Not a big deal once it's rolled back.
Use it about every day to play Kodi and the MotoGP app to my television via HDMI. It put's out a beautiful picture.
I would eventually like to install a good size monitor in my vehicle and connect to it via the HDMI out when flying. Need a spotter for that!

Thanks for the answer ... yes, the HDMI output is great .... as I said in the previous answer I do not really like the brightness of the screen, always very dark for a country as sunny as Brazil.
2018-3-6
Use props
ncgfLAXnr7rH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3812 ft
United States

I Used it and it worked great, but I could not set the brightness level high enough for my tastes I now use the iPad air 2 plus a light box (or what ever you call it)
2018-3-6
Use props
E.T._Drone_Home
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99117 ft
United States

Enilson Arneiro Posted at 2018-3-6 14:23
Thanks for the answer ... yes, the HDMI output is great .... as I said in the previous answer I do not really like the brightness of the screen, always very dark for a country as sunny as Brazil.

I agree, it would be great if the brightness was boosted.
2018-3-7
Use props
Keith Frank
New

Has anyone had luck using a Nexus 9?
2018-7-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The wonderful iPad Air2 Cellular continues to amaze,.. ;-)

Of course I’m still on my first Phantom 3 Pro’, so no Phantom 4 experience to relate.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-14
Use props
Eric ncfwa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322526 ft
Australia

I still use my Nvidia Shield K1, have never updated it, just used it on a trip to the Kimberley Region of Western Australia, no problems at all, I always fly with the Litchi app works well.

Eric
2018-7-15
Use props
Dools56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41073 ft
United States

I use the NVidia shield too.  I got it because it is a gaming tablet and figured that would reduce the risk of lagging.  I really like this tablet. I did experience the crashing problems crashing problems but never downgraded my OS - the crashes have gone away. I am using the HDMI with a very bright external monitor.  Works great. Even found a nice 3D printed mount that holds the Shield and my monitor.

I don't think there are any tablet out there (other than Crystal Sky )with bright enough screens to work in bright sun conditions without a hood.  And I never could find or make a hood that I really liked.
2018-7-23
Use props
P4PNorVa
lvl.2
United States

I am using a Ipad 9.7 w/32 Gig ram and it works great.
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules