DJI GO 4 4.1.4 Android Samsung S7 Edge resolution problem
4712 31 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J.T.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

Since the yesterday app. update every time I open it or I change menu in it a pop-up info message advise me that the app is non compatible with the reaolution of the device. Since the last update I never had problem with the app but now it is very difficult to see the number of stallites and overall the app is not proportional to the screen of my S7 Edge. How can it be?? Anyone experiencing my problem? Please give me some advice thx!
Screenshot_20170805-144509.png
Screenshot_20170805-144255.png
Screenshot_20170805-144511.png
2017-8-5
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

No one?? Really i'm the only one that have the incompatibility issue with the S7 Edge resolution??
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Remove the DJI GO 4, then go to DJI official website, then go to the download page of your drone, scan the QR code to download the APP, see if it works.
2017-8-6
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Hi J.T., go to the phone settings, Display, and lower the device's resolution from WQHD to FHD, so it stays on 1920x1080. You will save some battery and the app wil work as expected
2017-8-6
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

Already try to reinstall the APP but nothing....
And already change the resolution to FHD, but that did't solve the problem... only remove the warning of the resolution but as you can see from the picture the reception bar of satellites and HD trasmission are still too small and partially covered from HD and Satellite icon.... and how not to mention the ugly red recording buttons hahahahah
Hope in an update of the app soon...
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

J.T. Posted at 2017-8-7 02:08
And already change the resolution to FHD, but that did't solve the problem... only remove the warning of the resolution but as you can see from the picture the reception bar of satellites and HD trasmission are still too small and partially covered from HD and Satellite icon.... and how not to mention the ugly red recording buttons hahahahah

How did you reinstall the APP? Have you scanned the QR code to download it? QR code.png
2017-8-7
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

J.T. Posted at 2017-8-7 02:08

I have looked at your sshots again and I think I might know what happens to you! Have you selected a different font size on the device? or a different zoom level on the screen? Go to your settings and check the "Zoom and font size" option.

Defaults for me where:

Screen Zoom (first bar) just in the middle option
Font Size (second bar) ond the third out of 7 options (One before the middle point)
Font type is Standard

Check if your settings are different.
2017-8-7
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

Yepp I' didn't change anything in the settings, and just to be clear before the update the app was great
2017-8-8
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

I still doing some test let you know if i find a solution...
2017-8-8
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You might try pointing your camera forward.  That looks almost identical to my view when the camera is pointed down.  Your screen shots are in focus, so it is not the phone.  However if you have app disconnect issues, I found that the Phone settings for display > Mode:  set to BASIC.  For Display > Resolution:  set to 1920 x 1080.  those settings reduce processing required and power required to process.  Also I turn off wifi and blutooth.  All looks good these days.
2017-8-8
Use props
ToonTonic
New
Flight distance : 47359 ft
United Kingdom

I have this very same issue since the previous update.

Very very annoying

Also Samsung S7 Edge, also tried all of various forum users suggestions.
2017-8-8
Use props
fansd5cbbf03
lvl.1
Flight distance : 567789 ft
United States

I have posted about how DJI Go 4 does not work with the S7Edge. I have tried all tips and app still crashes. DJI needs to get this problem fixed ASAP!
2017-8-8
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

Finally i found a solution after the yesterday update (this time from the google play store) I simply update the app and now everithing is back to normal proportion and usability, and even if I delete the app i still have all my flight and photo and video locally backuped up and running so if you uninstall the app but without touching or deleting the various folder you can try to reinstall from the play store or with the qr code from the dji website and you should not lose anything. Only mabe you have to put back some app setting as you prefer
2017-8-11
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

ToonTonic Posted at 2017-8-8 16:21

Very very annoying

Try to uninstall and reinstall also check the update from Android Play Store
2017-8-11
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

fansd5cbbf03 Posted at 2017-8-8 16:37
I have posted about how DJI Go 4 does not work with the S7Edge. I have tried all tips and app still crashes. DJI needs to get this problem fixed ASAP!

can you describe me your problem because I have the S7 Edge but the app is running fairly well, the only problem is especially when it's hot or you are under the sun light the phone tend to become a littel hover heated and after more or less 15 min of flight the app became laggy but you simply exit and go back in and everything gose back to normal and fluid (when I use the app i set in the opthion  of the phone for high quality an power setting )
2017-8-11
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

Omg today new promt to update de app from the google play store and the problem of screen resolution come back again... how it is possible.... this time anyway reinstalling the app did't solve the problem... any advice??
2017-8-27
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

J.T. Posted at 2017-8-27 04:17
Omg today new promt to update de app from the google play store and the problem of screen resolution come back again... how it is possible.... this time anyway reinstalling the app did't solve the problem... any advice??

I am using my Samsung Galaxy S8 with a resolution of FHD+ at 2220x1080 and have no issues with DJI GO 4.
What is the resolution of your S7?
2017-8-27
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I don't see where your screen shots say resolution error.  Only compass error.  However I have the Samsung S7, I have all the latest app and android and firmware v ...10.  I go into phone settings and change it to DISPLAY > MODE and set it to BASIC.  Second DISPLAY > RESOLUTION:  1920 x 1080.  Reason - Samsung says that more than basic or 1920 x 1080 increases power useage (ie it is processing harder and that takes away from running DJI GO 4.  Since doing that I am app crash free.  Also I turn off wifi and blu tooth even though it doesn't seem to matter.  They are still querying periodcially to see if there is wifi or blu tooth available.
2017-8-27
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

After a night of tests, I find out that if I update te app via the google play store once I open it I recive the warning about the screen resolution unsupportet and the hugly big button and status bar that you see in my first post, but if i delete and install following the link of the QR code the app works perfectly without any warning message about the resolution.
Now my question is why, I mean should't be the same app on the play store and on the dji website? and if I have now installed from the QR code I still recive the notification of a new update from the play store or I have to check manually on dji website?
And how could it be possible that the previos update from the google play store was perfect and this time i recive the error again??
2017-8-28
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-8-27 13:03
I don't see where your screen shots say resolution error.  Only compass error.  However I have the Samsung S7, I have all the latest app and android and firmware v ...10.  I go into phone settings and change it to DISPLAY > MODE and set it to BASIC.  Second DISPLAY > RESOLUTION:  1920 x 1080.  Reason - Samsung says that more than basic or 1920 x 1080 increases power useage (ie it is processing harder and that takes away from running DJI GO 4.  Since doing that I am app crash free.  Also I turn off wifi and blu tooth even though it doesn't seem to matter.  They are still querying periodcially to see if there is wifi or blu tooth available.

the warning message about resolution appears only once you launch the app and every time you change for example from equipment to me or you press enter device or go fliyng.
On my S7 edge all the settings are default the resolution is set on WQHD but the app is perfect the only think is if i update from the google play store sometimes not always, after an update seems that the app from the play store has problem with the resolution and so promt it with the warning but if I reinstall from the DJI everithing is back to normal... really really strange
2017-8-28
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

J.T. Posted at 2017-8-28 00:20
the warning message about resolution appears only once you launch the app and every time you change for example from equipment to me or you press enter device or go fliyng.
On my S7 edge all the settings are default the resolution is set on WQHD but the app is perfect the only think is if i update from the google play store sometimes not always, after an update seems that the app from the play store has problem with the resolution and so promt it with the warning but if I reinstall from the DJI everithing is back to normal... really really strange

Why don't you try the resolution just below WQHD, probably FHD?
2017-8-28
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-28 10:38
Why don't you try the resolution just below WQHD, probably FHD?

i've tryed it but nothing change, if I update from the play store I still recive the message about incompatible resolution but if I use the QR code to the DJI everything works well.... really strage and funny
2017-8-29
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

J.T. Posted at 2017-8-29 01:02
i've tryed it but nothing change, if I update from the play store I still recive the message about incompatible resolution but if I use the QR code to the DJI everything works well.... really strage and funny

Yes, I agree with you, very strange, because DJI GO 4 from Google Play Store works very well on my Samsung Galaxy S8 in FHD+ 2220x1080.
Now you will always have to download your DJI GO 4 app using the QR code from DJI.
Have you already tried other resolutions in combination with different zooms and font sizes (system fonts?) on your phone, but then of course using the DJI GO app from Play Store?
2017-8-29
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-29 01:30
Yes, I agree with you, very strange, because DJI GO 4 from Google Play Store works very well on my Samsung Galaxy S8 in FHD+ 2220x1080.
Now you will always have to download your DJI GO 4 app using the QR code from DJI.
Have you already tried other resolutions in combination with different zooms and font sizes (system fonts?) on your phone, but then of course using the DJI GO app from Play Store?

yes i've try but my next step is tomorrow try agian to reinstall everything from the play store stay tune
2017-8-30
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

J.T. Posted at 2017-8-30 14:01
yes i've try but my next step is tomorrow try agian to reinstall everything from the play store stay tune

OK, it could also be that there is somehow a difference between the S7 and the S8 regarding the resolution.
2017-8-31
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

I have been running DJI Go successfully on my S7Edge since the Mavic was first released last year. Rarely had any issues with it (800 flights and counting) and certainly don't have the problem you are reporting.  My S7Edge screen res is set at FHD 1920x1080.  Did you fully shut down and restart DJIGo4 after you changed the phone resolution? Did you restart the phone?

I recall coming across a newby who could not get DJIGo4 to run on his S8. I had him change the res to FHD and restart everything and he was up and running.  Odd that changing FHD does not fix it.  If you have rebooted your phone and still no joy, I would recommend you clean install of DJIgo4.   By this I mean uninstall the app from your phone, then with a file manager manually delete the DJI folder on your S7Edge.   Then re-install DJIgo4 and see if it is fixed.  Just sync your flight log first to DJI servers (if you have not done so already) as they get deleted on the phone. They will come back post install when you sync again.
2017-8-31
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Galaxy S8+ and Im also having the same issue. The resolution message and also the status bar icons enlarged. I just went to the DJI website and downloaded the DJI Go 4 app and installed it. No more message and the icons are back to normal. Now im thinking that maybe this app also fixes other issues people are having out there. Why is this app different from the one published to the google play store???
2017-8-31
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

Logger Posted at 2017-8-31 03:23
I have been running DJI Go successfully on my S7Edge since the Mavic was first released last year. Rarely had any issues with it (800 flights and counting) and certainly don't have the problem you are reporting.  My S7Edge screen res is set at FHD 1920x1080.  Did you fully shut down and restart DJIGo4 after you changed the phone resolution? Did you restart the phone?

I recall coming across a newby who could not get DJIGo4 to run on his S8. I had him change the res to FHD and restart everything and he was up and running.  Odd that changing FHD does not fix it.  If you have rebooted your phone and still no joy, I would recommend you clean install of DJIgo4.   By this I mean uninstall the app from your phone, then with a file manager manually delete the DJI folder on your S7Edge.   Then re-install DJIgo4 and see if it is fixed.  Just sync your flight log first to DJI servers (if you have not done so already) as they get deleted on the phone. They will come back post install when you sync again.

just to clarify... if I install the app from the google play store, sometimes maybe after an update i recive the resolution warning message, but if I delete the app and install from the download page of dji website everyting works well...
I never had any problem with the s7edge and the DJIGo4 but I wil try to find out why there is this discrepancy between the Google play version and the DJi website version...
2017-8-31
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-8-31 03:54
I have the Galaxy S8+ and Im also having the same issue. The resolution message and also the status bar icons enlarged. I just went to the DJI website and downloaded the DJI Go 4 app and installed it. No more message and the icons are back to normal. Now im thinking that maybe this app also fixes other issues people are having out there. Why is this app different from the one published to the google play store???

exactly the same I try to find out since i bought the mavic ;)
2017-8-31
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-8-31 03:54

Your issues puzzle me.
I have the S8 and I have always installed DJI GO 4 from the Google Play Store, but I have never had any resolution errors.

I believe that downloading the DJI GO 4 app using their QR code only fixes the resolution problem, but for the rest this app is identical to the one in the Play Store.
Don't ask me how they do it...
2017-8-31
Use props
Marcos Valim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 420597 ft
Brazil

ToonTonic Posted at 2017-8-8 16:21

Very very annoying

I have the Sansung S7 Edge. I solved the resolution message, by changing the screen resolution of the phone. Changed from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080. The screen resolution message did not appear anymore, and all is working fine.
2017-9-24
Use props
Marcos Valim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 420597 ft
Brazil

I have the Sansung S7 Edge. I solved the resolution message, by changing the screen resolution of the phone. Changed from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080. The screen resolution message did not appear anymore, and all is working fine.
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules