U.S. Army halts use of Chinese-made drones over cyber concerns
1056 7 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

I had no idea they were using them to start with.  Wow.  

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-army-drones-idUSKBN1AK2C0

2017-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Looks like nobody told US Army not to sync their flights.
2017-8-5
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

No kidding!

I suspect some intelligence leaked if they were unaware of the data collection going on.
2017-8-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-5 08:59
Looks like nobody told US Army not to sync their flights.

Syncing or NOT they still have access to your records since that update which forced you to log in to their system.

Just got the CrystalSky yesterday and in their agreement now, they say they will have access to all your data, contact data, flight data, GPS data and they can share with anyone, from police, to 3rd party to...

P4P+ REMOTE 'battery usage is 10 times higher thant regular P4P remote after digging into it, there are  4 to 6 background services that are constantly running even with network connection is off. I deleted most of the apps but some apps like the PHONE APP, I can't even delete??? Why do you need the phone app running when the system is off and not connected???

2017-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dronist Posted at 2017-8-5 10:50
Syncing or NOT they still have access to your records since that update which forced you to log in to their system.

Just got the CrystalSky yesterday and in their agreement now, they say they will have access to all your data, contact data, flight data, GPS data and they can share with anyone, from police, to 3rd party to...

It's not all it's cracked up to be, I feel some hysteria coming on but a further statement has been issued.

Update – A U.S. Army spokesperson had the following to say via e-mail:
We can confirm that guidance was issued; however, we are currently reviewing the guidance and cannot comment further at this time.”
2017-8-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-5 10:57
It's not all it's cracked up to be, I feel some hysteria coming on but a further statement has been issued.

Update – A U.S. Army spokesperson had the following to say via e-mail:

Has nothing to do what the US Army is mentioning... No hysteria... These are facts. It is Now in DJI agreements. Get hold of a CrystalSky and a P4P+ and check what I mentioned in my reply.
2017-8-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dronist Posted at 2017-8-5 11:52
Has nothing to do what the US Army is mentioning... No hysteria... These are facts. It is Now in DJI agreements. Get hold of a CrystalSky and a P4P+ and check what I mentioned in my reply.

Can you imagine how difficult it would be for dji to track live every flight of the millions of AC out there day in and day out, As for sending images back to DJI, has anyone thought of the massive infrastructure that would be needed to view and sort the billions of images shot every day to find any of use? Not to mention the sheer impossibility of getting that imagery back to them without it being detected.
2017-8-5
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-5 12:05
Can you imagine how difficult it would be for dji to track live every flight of the millions of AC out there day in and day out, As for sending images back to DJI, has anyone thought of the massive infrastructure that would be needed to view and sort the billions of images shot every day to find any of use? Not to mention the sheer impossibility of getting that imagery back to them without it being detected.

Storage? Terra bites HD are cheap as dirt. Simple algorithm program can track/sort with a click of a button.

What use? they are getting better images and data then google earth does.

What they do with the data???  Come on Hall!!!
2017-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules