Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How long for new update?
7604 25 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnnyoneeye
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93907 ft
United States

Trying to update , how long does it take ? and are we supposed to get beeping? all im getting is the flashing yellow light. Now I have no video

2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The update of aircraft usually takes 25 minutes, leave alone the indicator, please listen to beep sound, ''d-dd, d-dd ,d-dd....'' means the firmware is updated successfully.
You can also check the TXT file in SD Card, roll down to the bottom, the last one is the status.
2017-8-5
Use props
johnnyoneeye
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-5 20:31
The update of aircraft usually takes 25 minutes, leave alone the indicator, please listen to beep sound, ''d-dd, d-dd ,d-dd....'' means the firmware is updated successfully.
You can also check the TXT file in SD Card, roll down to the bottom, the last one is the status.

There lies the problem there is no beep as I usually get for an update no beeping from the beginning to the end just a constant yellow flashing light
2017-8-6
Use props
johnnyoneeye
lvl.3
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-6 05:12
Read my tips page .
http://forum.dji.com/thread-72851-1-1.html
Time is usally about 20 min and you should have beeping , be sure the RC IS OFF THE ENTIRE TIME THE AC IS UPDATING  .

Thank you Donnie I will give that a try and see what happens in report back.
2017-8-6
Use props
johnnyoneeye
lvl.3
United States

johnnyoneeye Posted at 2017-8-6 05:11

To add to that I have done many updates in this is the first time I've ever had any trouble
2017-8-6
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Read my tips page .
Time is usally about 20 min and you should have beeping , be sure the RC IS OFF THE ENTIRE TIME THE AC IS UPDATING  .

DO NOT UPDATE THE RC BEFORE THE AC EITHER

donnie
2017-8-6
Use props
johnnyoneeye
lvl.3
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-6 05:15
If you have no sound then you dont have the SD card properly formatted with just the BIN file on it .

What are you updating from , what version    IE : like 1.7 to 1.11 or what ?

Right now the latest version is in the craft from the last update. I have 3 brand new SD cards that I have formatted several times and put the bin file on and still get the same result no beep and steady flashing yellow light. Now I have no live video feed from the camera on top of that.
2017-8-6
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

johnnyoneeye Posted at 2017-8-6 05:09
There lies the problem there is no beep as I usually get for an update no beeping from the beginning to the end just a constant yellow flashing light

If you have no sound then you dont have the SD card properly formatted with just the BIN file on it .

What are you updating from , what version    IE : like 1.7 to 1.11 or what ?
MAKE SURE THE RC IS OFF

donnie
2017-8-6
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

johnnyoneeye Posted at 2017-8-6 05:11

sure let me know later on after you read my MINI NOVEL TIPS PAGE ....LOL

donnie
2017-8-6
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

johnnyoneeye Posted at 2017-8-6 05:14
Right now the latest version is in the craft from the last update. I have 3 brand new SD cards that I have formatted several times and put the bin file on and still get the same result no beep and steady flashing yellow light. Now I have no live video feed from the camera on top of that.

The latest on is July 10the   version 1.11 , Is that the one you have loaded on the AC RIGHT NOW   or are you trying to get that loaded ?

Please tell me you diD NOT HAVE THE RC transmitter on when updating the AC .........
I have to leave for a while but will check with you later ..............  good luck  ...

donnie
2017-8-6
Use props
johnnyoneeye
lvl.3
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-6 05:19
The latest on is July 10the   version 1.11 , Is that the one you have loaded on the AC RIGHT NOW   or are you trying to get that loaded ?

Please tell me you diD NOT HAVE THE RC transmitter on when updating the AC .........

I have version 1.10.0 1.40 remote controller version 1.7.60
2017-8-6
Use props
johnnyoneeye
lvl.3
United States

johnnyoneeye Posted at 2017-8-6 05:40
I have version 1.10.0 1.40 remote controller version 1.7.60

Trying to load the one that just came out 7-10 - 2017
2017-8-6
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

johnnyoneeye Posted at 2017-8-6 05:41
Trying to load the one that just came out 7-10 - 2017

Ok can you still connect to the AC from the RC and start the motor ?  

If you can do that do you have live video ?

If yes to the above then I would format the SD card ON THE AIRCRAFT , do this in the camera tools section of the Go app  and then load the bin file again to the Aircraft .

make sure that when you load the FW from the Downloads page , that you  have  ONLY the bin file that you can then load to the clean formatted SD card .

then with the AC and the RC off, load the SD card to the Ac and then turn on the AC, the update should begin and you will have a beat to the Tone .

Let me know if you have success.

Be sure to look at the SD card after loading the FW to the AC and check for "success" in the log, that way you are sure to have  made a solid load of the FW.

Then update the RC and you should be in business.

donnie
2017-8-6
Use props
johnnyoneeye
lvl.3
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-6 07:06
Ok can you still connect to the AC from the RC and start the motor ?  

If you can do that do you have live video ?

I will give that a try and report back tried the other scenarios with no success. Don't have a chance probably to get to it till tomorrow. Thanks for all your suggestions and help.
2017-8-6
Use props
johnnyoneeye
lvl.3
United States

johnnyoneeye Posted at 2017-8-6 17:58
I will give that a try and report back tried the other scenarios with no success. Don't have a chance probably to get to it till tomorrow. Thanks for all your suggestions and help.

Oh yes and also to answer your question no I did not have the transmitter on.
2017-8-6
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

johnnyoneeye Posted at 2017-8-6 17:58

So after you have tried the items that Donnie has suggested and depending on your results. I have another idea for you.

Try resetting the remote and relinking it to the Inspire. Sometimes after the FW update the connection can be lost.

Try to reset the remote controller.
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the aircraft to the RC using the following:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Hope this helps you out

Rich
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

johnnyoneeye Posted at 2017-8-6 05:09

Which gimabl do you mount? Could you please provide me the screenshot of the root directory of your SD card?
2017-8-7
Use props
johnnyoneeye
lvl.3
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-6 20:15
So after you have tried the items that Donnie has suggested and depending on your results. I have another idea for you.

Try resetting the remote and relinking it to the Inspire. Sometimes after the FW update the connection can be lost.

I'm able to fly the craft but still have no video link
2017-8-8
Use props
johnnyoneeye
lvl.3
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-6 20:15

I could try that but it is linked to the aircraft I'm able to fly it I just have no video link to my pad and I can't update to the newest firmware
2017-8-8
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

johnnyoneeye Posted at 2017-8-8 18:25
I could try that but it is linked to the aircraft I'm able to fly it I just have no video link to my pad and I can't update to the newest firmware

Johnny

okay, so now I understand that you are linked to the Inspire and able to fly. The video is not working correct. Can you give us a screen shot of the App? Does it say disconnected or no signal?
If the camera video encoder module is not corrupted, then you will need to check the camera mounting base and the 2 cables that connect to it.
Mark in another post said, you can loosen the two screws holding the camera mount to improve the pressure on the contacts. I am not sure which camera you have but these are my screen shots showing the camera mounting board on the X3 set up.
1> check cables under the camera mounting base
2> loosen the 2 Philip's screws about 1/4 - 1/2 turn

Hope this helps

Rich
IMG_8242.JPG IMG_8245.JPG IMG_8258.JPG
2017-8-8
Use props
johnnyoneeye
lvl.3
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-8 20:16
Johnny

okay, so now I understand that you are linked to the Inspire and able to fly. The video is not working correct. Can you give us a screen shot of the App? Does it say disconnected or no signal?

I'm also using the X3 camera. Yes I have aircraft linked I can move the camera fly The Craft but cansino video back to my tablet in the app it shows under signal very weak
2017-8-9
Use props
johnnyoneeye
lvl.3
United States

johnnyoneeye Posted at 2017-8-9 02:27
I'm also using the X3 camera. Yes I have aircraft linked I can move the camera fly The Craft but cansino video back to my tablet in the app it shows under signal very weak

Ran out of things to try ended up sending it in for repair will report back to what the problem was.
2017-8-15
Use props
fans0ab02222
New
Australia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-6 05:12
Read my tips page .

I am also having a heap of issues with the update and now am thinking I had the RC on while updating.  Would you have any suggestions to fix it now?  Mine has the issue of stopping at 50m
2017-8-17
Use props
fans0ab02222
New
Australia

fans0ab02222 Posted at 2017-8-17 22:39
I am also having a heap of issues with the update and now am thinking I had the RC on while updating.  Would you have any suggestions to fix it now?  Mine has the issue of stopping at 50m

Thanks so much.  I have printed it out to read!  
2017-8-17
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

johnnyoneeye Posted at 2017-8-15 03:12
Ran out of things to try ended up sending it in for repair will report back to what the problem was.

Hi Johnny,

When you downloaded the firmware, you did extract the .zip file before putting it on the SD card? The downloaded file will be named  WM610_FC550_FW_VO1.11.01.50.zip, when extracted it will be called, WM610_FW_VO1.11.01.50.bin. You only need the latter on your SD card (XXXXXXX.bin). You probably already know this.

Mark G.
2017-8-18
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

fans0ab02222 Posted at 2017-8-17 22:39

Re load the Goa p and then sign into the App , this should solve it .

Sync your flight records first if you wish

donnie

2017-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules