2086 10 2017-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans59c875f3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 427559 ft
  • >>>
United States

Several days ago I posted a thread concerning a video flicker problem that I'm experiencing. Unfortunately, I have not been able to correct the situation. Below is a link to some footage that shows the flicker of power lines, roofs, windows, etc. I have done a gimbal calibration and an IMU calibration, but it hasn't helped. However, when I did the IMU calibration it showed on my assistant software that it was successful, but it shows on controller that I need to re-calibrate it. I re-calibrated it four times with it showing successful on my computer, but it still shows on controller monitor that it needs calibrated. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem. I would certainly appreciated advice from anyone that recognizes what the problem is. Thanks!

https://mcox.smugmug.com/Misc/Flicker-Issue/

2017-8-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

What you are seeing is called aliasing, and is quite common on video clips. It has nothing to do with the aircraft, so performing IMU and gimbal calibrations will not have any effect on it, it is purely a video issue.

It can also be triggered when watching a video clip on a display that cannot properly handle the video. The clip you uploaded to Smugmug will not reveal what resolution and frame speed you recorded it at, what was it?

This is almost purely a playback problem, not a problem with the aircraft or camera. The only way to reduce the severity of it is to go into video settings and reduce the sharpness of the video. But the major thing is to solve the playback problem at your computer end. Try VLCPlayer, it is a free download.
2017-8-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Hmmmmm   I thought it looked pretty good myself.   Some of you guys make me feel dumb lol
2017-8-5
Use props
fans59c875f3
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-5 16:56
What you are seeing is called aliasing, and is quite common on video clips. It has nothing to do with the aircraft, so performing IMU and gimbal calibrations will not have any effect on it, it is purely a video issue.

It can also be triggered when watching a video clip on a display that cannot properly handle the video. The clip you uploaded to Smugmug will not reveal what resolution and frame speed you recorded it at, what was it?

The video settings were 4K at 30 fps with a shutter speed of 60. I already use VLC Media Player and it looks the same. Up until a month or so ago the video quality was excellent, with no aliasing. I also have an Inspire 1 Pro and Mavic Pro. Neither one of them has this problem and I'm using the same settings. Does this help you any in your assessment?
2017-8-5
Use props
fans59c875f3
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

fans59c875f3 Posted at 2017-8-5 17:48
The video settings were 4K at 30 fps with a shutter speed of 60. I already use VLC Media Player and it looks the same. Up until a month or so ago the video quality was excellent, with no aliasing. I also have an Inspire 1 Pro and Mavic Pro. Neither one of them has this problem and I'm using the same settings. Does this help you any in your assessment?

Is there anyone else out there that has some advice for me?
2017-8-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Then all you can do is reduce the sharpening.

'Is there anyone else out there that has some advice for me?'

So, my answers are not good enough for you?
2017-8-5
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

What anti flicker settings do you have in DJI GO 4. Perhaps this one is set on auto whereas the other drones you have are set on 60.
2017-8-5
Use props
fans59c875f3
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-5 20:16
Then all you can do is reduce the sharpening.

'Is there anyone else out there that has some advice for me?'

Not at all, Captain. I will reduce the sharpening and see if that helps. It's just strange that I have not changed any of my settings and all of sudden I began having these issues. It doesn't make sense to me. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me!
2017-8-6
Use props
VIZ Produkcija
lvl.4
Flight distance : 646844 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

The footage is too sharp. Record in D-Cinelike (-2-2-2). It's impossible for cameras to be so different.

2017-8-6
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans59c875f3 Posted at 2017-8-6 06:24
Not at all, Captain. I will reduce the sharpening and see if that helps. It's just strange that I have not changed any of my settings and all of sudden I began having these issues. It doesn't make sense to me. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me!

Based upon what you said about capture / frame-rate etc., I too would say sharpening is the issue. Try -3 and see what happens.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The resolution of a DJI lens is much higher than a general sports camera. The Moire pattern can sometimes be seen when looking at certain patterns, like tile roofs. The influence of the Moire patterning can be relieved by decreasing the sharpness of camera. Go to Settings - Style - Custom - and decrease the sharpness. It is recommended to lower the levels of sharpness one by one to observe the effect.
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules