Vps active in sport mode
1743 10 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Siwyleeds
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hi guys
I've just started flying my Mavic pro and I've noticed that in sport mode the vps is active. Only bottom sensors. I thought that all sensors are off in s mode.
I've got the latest software. Any ideas?
2017-8-6
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

That is correct, in Sport Mode only the forward vision system is deactivated.
2017-8-6
Use props
Siwyleeds
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Has it been always like that?  I'm asking because I'm hard catching my Mavic. And I saw the video onYoutube saying that You could active the sport mode to turn the vps off so it will land on your hand easily.
So if I want to switch it off. I have to do itmanualy? also if I'll switch it off. Wil it be off permanently or it will activate itself after rebooting the machine?
2017-8-6
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Might be the ultrasonic landing sensors that's active, not the optical.
2017-8-6
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

Siwyleeds Posted at 2017-8-6 01:44
Has it been always like that?  I'm asking because I'm hard catching my Mavic. And I saw the video onYoutube saying that You could active the sport mode to turn the vps off so it will land on your hand easily.
So if I want to switch it off. I have to do itmanualy? also if I'll switch it off. Wil it be off permanently or it will activate itself after rebooting the machine?

If you disable the vision systems in the DJI GO 4 app, then they are obviously always disabled until you re-enable them again, whatever the flying mode.  
2017-8-6
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Siwyleeds Posted at 2017-8-6 01:44

All you need to do is turn off Landing Protection and you can hand land it no problem.
2017-8-6
Use props
Siwyleeds
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks a lot guys. Cheers
2017-8-6
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2017-8-6 04:33
All you need to do is turn off Landing Protection and you can hand land it no problem.

I hand catch with landing protection turned on. Just gotta hold on tight! I do this rarely, however. Getting a face (or arm) full of props would not be a fun day.
2017-8-6
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

ephektz Posted at 2017-8-6 09:08
I hand catch with landing protection turned on. Just gotta hold on tight! I do this rarely, however. Getting a face (or arm) full of props would not be a fun day.

I second that.
Rule number one: Do not hand catch a flying Mavic in strong wind to avoid being sliced up by the propellers.
2017-8-6
Use props
sky53
New

Philippines

if still active. that will not function...
2017-8-6
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Just because the button is up (in sport mode) does not mean that is actually in sport mode. What i mean is this: if i launch with my button in sport mode - i am actually in GPS mode. In order to get sport mode i must switch the toggle down and then back up again - then sport mode engages - this has become easy to see now that i have my goggles where messages are crystal clear to see vs device screen where sometimes bits of information may go unnoticed. anyway try it - hope it is yr solution. i also think all sensors are off in sport mode and this is why i think that although you think you are in sport mode - you might in fact not be.
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules