DJI Competition!
2846 26 2015-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TuonoV4
lvl.2

South Africa

DJI, you need to pull your finger out - seriously!

Check this out and judge for yourself...

http://www.walkera.com/en/showgoods.php?id=2294

Having an Inspire 1 for about 6 wks now and considering how long it's now been out in the marketplace, I must say that I'm rather disappointed that certain elements I was expecting haven't materialised. Yet, the competition seems to have done it and at a much cheaper price.

I, for one, will be watching closely. If DJI don't come to the party I'll be selling the Inspire and going elsewhere.
2015-3-26
Use props
garethgr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 366201 ft
United Kingdom

Wow, I see and Apple vs Microsoft battle there.
2015-3-26
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm as frustrated as you are on some of the missing functionality that was promised (waypoints etc..). However, there is nothing in the link you provided that says what it does.
2015-3-26
Use props
TuonoV4
lvl.2

South Africa

Voyager-drone.jpg
2015-3-26
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well, I stand corrected. Yep, this is far in advance of the Inspire functionality. Depressing really.
2015-3-26
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

And this is the reason why DJI should be treating their customers better when it comes to customer service.  This device will be available to a bigger demographic because of its lower price. Competition is here, DJI better step their game up quick, because they have done a horrible job so far in keeping customer satisfaction.
2015-3-26
Use props
rdc4444
lvl.2

United States

I was thinking about getting an Inspire in the Summer and may now look into Walkera... It has waypoint navigation and follow me and is cheaper..SWEET!!! Does it also have a 2km video and control range? If the voyager doesn't then that may temper my enthusiasm as Im sure eventually DJI will release these features for Inspire. Still holding off until they do.
2015-3-26
Use props
rdc4444
lvl.2

United States

Wow the official Walkera website list no price or specs on the Voyager. I hate companies that do that. Hubsan is doing the same thing with the X4 pro although they do now have specs but no price. How did you determine the Voyager was cheaper? if it is considerably cheaper it might force DJI to drop the price on the Inspire... Going to definitely hold off on any purchase until all these other quads from Hubsan and walkera are finally released
2015-3-26
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
South Korea

Just do like if you wanted to order it!!!
2015-3-26
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

This seems OK, however, I'm not closed on it's "awesomeness" yet. The Inspire has better innate video and photo quality, but the Walkera's ability to take other cameras might be a closer...anyway, the Inspire is incredible. I've been flying now for a few months.
2015-3-26
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

lethbrp Posted at 2015-3-26 18:31
Well, I stand corrected. Yep, this is far in advance of the Inspire functionality. Depressing real ...

Why would you be depressed? It's an obvious copy. I've read it has more issues than the Inspire. It costs less, and remember you get what you pay for.

I am not depressed in the least. I am confident I have the better of the two.

DJI is just getting started. Stick around and be patient. You'll be glad you dd.
2015-3-26
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Lets hope they catch up soon in the functionality department. I'm not questioning the quality of the tool as it stands, it does what it does well. I did purchase it on the basis of having functionality (advertised) that hasn't been delivered. However, we live in hope that these will be delivered soon.

2015-3-26
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

I would never buy from a company that can't set up a Web page properly... The specs and dimensions are all completely blank.
2015-3-26
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407710 ft
United States

I hope they have good patent lawyers....
2015-3-26
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Competition is good and healthy...from what I am seeing DJ|I is at least trying to step up to the plate and will hopefully up there game on customer service, their parts issues and software fixes...Hopefully, within a few months these problems will be behind us...I am betting that they will...In the mean time fly on and be careful as you can and I will try to become somewhat competent as a photographer with the help of Jim Hares tutorials and the discussions on this forum...
2015-3-26
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased a Voyager3 two months ago but as in a lot of cases the shipping has been delayed. It should be here in early April and at that time I will post a comparison. It looks like a beast, particularly since the battery is 29v. I don't know if they copied DJI or perhaps they all (various companies) had "plans" to release a larger UAV with 4k camera and long range FPV and such but DJI beat them to the punch. I've been itching for this thing since I want to get it hydrodipped as well with the inspire but I need to have them dipped at the same time to save setup and shipping costs. I paid $2399. for it to a company (NexGendrones) they worked with me and let me pay in 4 seperate payments. It turns out that the price has been reduced by $200 I wrote an email to nexgen and asked what is up since I paid more, They said Walkera dropped the price down and in compensation to those who paid the original higher price they would be recieving a second battery at no charge (On the second shipment) As it also turns out the batteries are $290. each - Ouch!! but I'm ok with the free one.
2015-3-26
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

I want to see how stable it is in doors...It has NO optical or ultrasonic sensors
2015-3-26
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Seems to me that my earlier statement was correct, DJI shit the bed on this one! They have no choice but to implement the ground station and retrofit every aircraft they have sold to date. False advertising is a costly mistake and will lead to a law suit. My original statement was that DJI should not have released the Inspire at this time. They made a very bad decision.
2015-3-26
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-3-26 22:42
I would never buy from a company that can't set up a Web page properly... The specs and dimensions a ...

I thought the exact same thing. The webpage isn't working right... does make you wonder how their 'electronics' are....
2015-3-26
Use props
TuonoV4
lvl.2

South Africa

Objective achieved... got all you guys talking about this

Hopefully this will get DJI to pull finger and deliver what we were all expecting in the first place.
2015-3-27
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Voyager 3 test flight ....              
Plus http://diydrones.com/profiles/bl ... stic-apm-quadcopter
2015-3-27
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rbimd Posted at 2015-3-26 22:49
I hope they have good patent lawyers....

Well stated my friend.
2015-3-27
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-3-26 23:26
I purchased a Voyager3 two months ago but as in a lot of cases the shipping has been delayed. It sho ...

And the chase is on. This sounds all to familiar.
2015-3-27
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Remember, you get what you pay for. A few bumps in the road, yes, being corrected, yes. let us know how it works out for you, honestly, I would be interested in knowing.
Thanks
2015-3-27
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-3-27 02:28
I want to see how stable it is in doors...It has NO optical or ultrasonic sensors

I hear you. For me though I NEVER fly indoors.  Each person has different uses for what and how they fly. I never even considered the lack of flying indoors. DJI for sure has them beat in that respect.
2015-3-27
Use props
Helipal
lvl.1

United States

One of the posters on RC groups, inspire owners tread coined the phase "flying pug" to describe the new voyager bird. When you look at the video, and see how big and bulky this thing is, you get the resemblance
2015-3-27
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, you asked me to judge for myself - Walkera is not even in the same race, league, etc. as DJI.

DJI should always do better but you better believe they are laughing at companies like Walkera! I think I read that Walkera did US 20 million or something of the sort, DJI is on track to do a billion in 2016.

If you hang at R/C groups you'll see all the excitement build up when new quads are announced...then, usually, one of two things happen. Usually the quad comes out, a couple hundred pioneers buy them and then find out they don't work....and never will...anywhere near as promised. Others never materialize.

I'm sure DJI wants to provide more features for your Inspire. I am just as sure they could care less about Walkera, Hubsan, etc.
If they consider competition (and their model company, Apple, doesn't very much) they might look toward GoPro because they have the resources to actually put something together. More likely DJI studies these other companies and will beat them to the punch....

Next thing we'll hear how 3DR is making DJI shake in their boots!
2015-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules