Spark took a nose dive into Lake
2402 14 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeanGillian
lvl.2
United States

flew around a small lake, video and went smoothly, brought her back to home point.....swith to "Sport" mode, and did a few maneuvers circle, back and forth, and she just dropped into the lake like a brick....(RC controller and Ipad Mini were used), how to get flight log and see if DJI support can help?  On the map I saw the flight path, and the drone ended in middle of Lake.  This was my 2nd brand new drone, 1st one I sent in to DJI for repair (flew into a powerline and snap a propeller arm....urghh), on my 3rd one now.  Expensive hobby, but I LOVE the Spark
2017-8-6
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Poland

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Sorry for your loss
2017-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can upload your flight log to link below, just click on link follow instructions come back and post link

You should also sync your flight to dji cloud and start a case at support@dji.com.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-8-6
Use props
sparkguygc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 230141 ft
Australia

Didn't happen to kill motors while performing those maneuvers? Sorry to hear though!
2017-8-6
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Yes, this is a very expensive hobby indeed.  It's even more expensive for those who are poor pilots.
2017-8-6
Use props
Belchski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57159 ft
Canada

I quit at one lost Spark and bought a Mavic. I figured I'd likely lose 2 more Sparks so might as well upgrade now.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry to hear crash accident, please export the flight data, black box data and flight controller log in the app, and then upload them to the DJI server and send your aircraft back for diagnosis.
Provide us with your case number and we will remark your information in your case. Our engineers and R&D staff will diagnose your aircraft at the first time and inform you of the result and solutions.
Here is the tutorial video to export data:
2017-8-6
Use props
SeanGillian
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-6 18:34
We are sorry to hear crash accident, please export the flight data, black box data and flight controller log in the app, and then upload them to the DJI server and send your aircraft back for diagnosis.
Provide us with your case number and we will remark your information in your case. Our engineers and R&D staff will diagnose your aircraft at the first time and inform you of the result and solutions.
Here is the tutorial video to export data: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A&t=1s

I wish I could send the Spark back (I purchased DJI Refresh....) but as mentioned, the Spark is at the bottom of a very dark water Lake, I will try to upload the flight log, but still a novice in DJI Pilot...Please advise how to get the logs from the lost drone vs. the one in repair status with DJI and my 3rd one (currently in possession).....
2017-8-7
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Belchski Posted at 2017-8-6 16:25
I quit at one lost Spark and bought a Mavic. I figured I'd likely lose 2 more Sparks so might as well upgrade now.

my plan is to get a mavic at some point..  if this spark fails me im probably quitting with the spark, take my check my insurance will cut me to the bank and get myself a mavic pro instead..
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SeanGillian Posted at 2017-8-7 09:55
I wish I could send the Spark back (I purchased DJI Refresh....) but as mentioned, the Spark is at the bottom of a very dark water Lake, I will try to upload the flight log, but still a novice in DJI Pilot...Please advise how to get the logs from the lost drone vs. the one in repair status with DJI and my 3rd one (currently in possession).....

I'm sorry that I missed this part in your post.
If you connected DJI Go 4 during flight, there are flight records, please sync them to cloud and contact our support to create a ticket.
Here is the tutorial video for your reference:
2017-8-8
Use props
SeanGillian
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-8 01:17
I'm sorry that I missed this part in your post.
If you connected DJI Go 4 during flight, there are flight records, please sync them to cloud and contact our support to create a ticket.
Here is the tutorial video for your reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFXWfp0Sykk

Thank you for the reply, i submitted and start a case
2017-8-8
Use props
Onomarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4728 ft
United States

Wow third DJI spark in less than 4 months.... Shouldn't that mean you and drones just don't mix?
2017-8-8
Use props
SeanGillian
lvl.2
United States

Onomarn Posted at 2017-8-8 08:48
Wow third DJI spark in less than 4 months.... Shouldn't that mean you and drones just don't mix?

less then a month...LOL....women and I don't mix either, but still chasing them
2017-8-8
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

SeanGillian Posted at 2017-8-8 16:48
less then a month...LOL....women and I don't mix either, but still chasing them

Keep chasing anything, eventually you will hold it
2017-8-8
Use props
SeanGillian
lvl.2
United States

So after initial post and several upload log flights video files to DJI Support...100 % replacement was granted ....YIPPY, and my original with broken arm got repaired with new gimbal frames and new set of blades for $107 ,. My 3rd drone been flying without a hitch... All these bad post about DJI and companies and people work for DJI are unfounded in my opinions... GREAT JOB DJI and more firmwares softwares release please so dronies has no more complaints and turn them into compliments
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules