New Firmware causing CPU Overload issues...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

I work for a TV station and we have been having issues with our P3P's after the most recent FW update saying our iPad Mini 2 has CPU overload and cannot access the Go App to fly. Its basically saying the iPad Mini doesn't have enough power or space to run the Go App. I reached out to DJI via online support and they made it sound like they were aware of the issue and said there would be a fix inside the Go App. He also told me not to use the iPad in direct sunlight or when its really hot outside.

Just wondering if anyone else has been getting CPU overload messages and did you do anything other than what DJI suggested? He said there would be a fix in the Go App but not sure if that fix is already there or that will be in a future update.

Yesterday I received an email from someone at the job telling all of our pilots not to update any of our drones to the latest FW nor the Go App.

I just got my personal drone back from DJI Repair (actually it wasn't mine, they ended up sending me a brand new P3P to replace mine which I still have no idea why they did it but okay...I now have to activate the new P3P. I am leary about putting the latest FW on there if there seems to be an issue.

2017-8-6
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Just don't update.  It probably has he old firmware on it,
2017-8-6
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35899 ft
United States

I'm in same boat, P3P iPad mini2 and it's not says same thing on iPad.

I've been coming here crossing fingers in hopes for a fix.
2017-8-6
Use props
sky53
New

Philippines

i believe thats is i the phone.. try to move some pictures or data in your phone.. and try also to uninstall ad reinstall...,
2017-8-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The advice not to update is good. There is nothing in recent updates for the PO3P that would be of any use to you, the old version is just fine. With regard to the iPad Mini 2, it is now becoming too slow with recent app updates, the processor is not powerful enough. Best to update the pad to a newer version, it will save you a lot of grief.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This is a new APP feature, which can detect the usage of the CPU for the mobile device. This prompt will pop out when the CPU of the mobile device is fully loaded. The decoding performance of image transmission and signal transmission will be affected and the iOS device will warm up.
It is recommended to prevent the mobile device from direct sunlight with a sunshade or monitor hood when the mobile device is used in summer. Otherwise, the mobile device may warn up and the CPU may underclock or be fully loaded, which affects flying experiences.
The new APP will be released recently with some improvement, the prompt will not be popped out easily. We would appreciate your patience.
2017-8-6
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

Thanks for the responses and suggestions.
2017-8-7
Use props
nmiller67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 559117 ft
United States

Chuck1906 Posted at 2017-8-7 06:54
Thanks for the responses and suggestions.

I seem to have improved my situation of having same message on my IPad MIni 3.  Everything had worked great with my P3P AC and RC prior to the updates.  I was getting weak signals, Disconnects, distortion(lag) on my screen, black screens, Device CPU Overloaded messages, etc.  I'm not really sure which or combination of improved my issues but I'm a week post doing all the below and I'm still seeing a bit of lag but I appear to have at least improved my issues (fingers crossed it sticks) as I'm at least able to fly but I'm baby stepping it meaning not flying too far off, too high and gradually flying longer and putting more stress on it.
At this point providing all 3 things I did but I can’t say which was the biggest contributor but I would try the first 2 then relink controller to AC, check all your settings ( I even did the IMU calibration, Gimbal Calibration, etc.)  
Good luck I know I was pretty much grounded until I kept doing my own trial and error efforts to get back up in the air.
I rolled back my RC to earlier version and then upgraded back to latest.
•        Video here -
•        I had to go back 2 versions when selecting as it didn’t seem to like the version right before latest version (would not let me download).
•        You’ll have to relink to AC so make sure you know how to do that (You Tube it)
I downloaded the latest AC firmware to SD card and forced the AC to take the update again.
•        Video here of how to do that –
This one I would only try if the top 2 suggestions don’t improve anything.
•        I unplugged the gimbal cables and plugged back in because I saw this as a potential fix as well.
o        If you think about it before you start any of these steps check to see if your fan on your gimbal is running before you even start any of these steps.  I think part of the problem may be an overheating issue after the update and I wondered if my fan had stopped working after updates initially but I never checked prior to going through all 3 of these steps and seeing my issues improved.
•        Make sure you have the plastic snap stick replacements before doing this one if you try it.
•        Video on You Tube -
2017-8-7
Use props
bwall18
New
Switzerland

Hi,

I had this even with the latest DJI GO4 version 4.1.5.   
I seems it happened because I had mp4-format instead of mov-format on my IOS-device enabled.
(see http://forum.dji.com/thread-108776-1-1.html).

Cheers
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules