Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Never Calibrated
732 7 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KEM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151191 ft
United States

I'm fairly new at flying drones and have received a lot of help on this forum. I have looked around for an answer to my problem, if there is a problem and can't see where anyone has posted on this. I have the P3S and it seems to be doing great. One thing that I have never had to do is calibrate it. No matter where I fly it, nothing about calibration comes up. After I turn on the controller, the Drone and then the Dji GO app,  it will say at the top of the app in yellow  that it's warming up. Then I will hear, home point updated and then it changes to green and says, ready to fly. I have the latest firmware and the newest version of the Dji GO app. I have flown it out to a distance of 1600 feet and as high as 1,000 ft. I can swipe the return home button and it comes right back every time. Should I leave it like it is since it is doing fine or am I missing something by not calibrating it? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin
2017-8-6
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Count your lucky stars!  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
2017-8-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No calibration is needed.
DJI still haven't updated the manual for the Standard but they have for the other Phantoms.
They now say: Only calibrate the compass when the DJI Go app or the status indicator prompt you to do so.
That's still not quite correct because when the DJI Go app or the status indicator prompt you to do so, the correct action is to move your Phantom away from the magnetic influence that the compass has detected.
2017-8-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I think you should leave the forum. You obviously are smart enough to fly and operate your aircraft properly. This forum is reserved for those who can't do any of those things.
2017-8-6
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

You may be right Gee. Would you like for me to come over and show you how to fly yours?
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The aircraft will do self-diagnostic test once powered on. No need to worry or calibrate as long as everything works well.
2017-8-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

KEM Posted at 2017-8-6 18:34
You may be right Gee. Would you like for me to come over and show you how to fly yours?

My P3P is now two years old, was only updated once and the compass was only calibrated once. It flys like a champion and never given me a minutes trouble. You are welcome to come over, can you hack the 12 hours of flying?
2017-8-6
Use props
KEM
lvl.2
United States

could handle the flight time but the cost{:4_142:} of getting there I couldn't handle..
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules