Gimbal Clamp
1138 8 2017-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heyward83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18156 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, when you guys got your Mavic was it hard to get the gimbal clamp off? Every time I do and it releases, the gimbal bangs around because of the force needed to remove it! I am worried I'm going to snap that ribbon underneath! Seeing videos on YT they seems to have it come off with ease.
2017-8-7
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

My one is coming off nice and smooth. I`m actually using it all the time as I`ve found that the camera could bounce of the gimbal bubble protector when shaken a bit stronger in a back back or something.
I think it should come off easy
2017-8-7
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

No, comes of easily. Is the clamp situated correctly?
2017-8-7
Use props
Heyward83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yeah it seems to be fitted correctly it certainly doesn't come off easy at all! seen a 2in1 cover and clamp on amazon may give that a go!
2017-8-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Heyward83 Posted at 2017-8-7 03:39
Yeah it seems to be fitted correctly it certainly doesn't come off easy at all! seen a 2in1 cover and clamp on amazon may give that a go!

Make sure you lightly squeeze both sides of the clamp at the connection point to the Mavic
2017-8-7
Use props
Heyward83
lvl.3
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-7 03:52
Make sure you lightly squeeze both sides of the clamp at the connection point to the Mavic

Yeah I have done that doesn't seem to make much difference gimbal still seems to smash about when taking it off :/
2017-8-7
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

Heyward83 Posted at 2017-8-7 10:21
Yeah I have done that doesn't seem to make much difference gimbal still seems to smash about when taking it off :/

I have mine slot in smoothly up till the bottom camera slot, slight snug and it stays, removing is the opposite. All done with one hand while the Mavic is facing upwards.

Most probably a slight manufacturing defect on the plastic clamp - try to slot it in "lightly" and see where it stops, there could be tiny bumps/cracks/misaligned on the plastic clamp area which cause it to get stuck while trying to remove.
2017-8-7
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

adjust your drone holding and gimbal clamp removing technique.
- this is not a common problem, probably something you are just not doing quite right yet.
when you hold it in the right way it will come out easily
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The below picture might be helpful.
Prepare the Mavic.png
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules