Drone Insurance Verifly
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpflkeys
lvl.2
United States

I have my FAA part 107 and looking into drone insurance. Most companies are pretty expensive, I received a post card for this company called Verifly. Anyone have any experience with them? Sounds great but probably to good to be true, in the end you always get what you pay for. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

https://verifly.com/howitworks.html
2017-8-7
Use props
Jay Bregman
New
Flight distance : 38740 ft
United States

It's true

Thousands of happy pilots can't be wrong - https://phantompilots.com/threads/drone-hourly-insurance.94313/

Best,

Jay Bregman
CEO
2017-8-7
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I follow DRONR on YouTube, he is a Hollywood, CA Drone Pilot with Part 107 and recommends using this insurance IF you are not working long term.
Many of the other notable Drone folks out there either recommend it or have nothing bad to say about it and offer it up as a suggested way to be covered.

2017-8-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-7 15:03
I follow DRONR on YouTube, he is a Hollywood, CA Drone Pilot with Part 107 and recommends using this insurance IF you are not working long term.
Many of the other notable Drone folks out there either recommend it or have nothing bad to say about it and offer it up as a suggested way to be covered.

These are the folks I use, they will only insure Part 107 certified pilots,
$631.00 p/year, commercial, $1,000,000 Liability, $5,000.00 Medical, (Quad Repairs & Replacement)
$ 1,250.00 Hull Damage, $ 400.00 Payload Damage
Excellent Customer Service

https://www.traversaviation.com/

If you own a home most homeowners Ins will cover your liability when flying recreationally but will not cover Quad damage or repair without a rider.
2017-8-8
Use props
GHz-Drew
lvl.3
United States

I have used this a couple times for work and it works out pretty well. I am a Part 107 certified pilot and I hold liability insurance through Berkley Aviation as well. Verifly works for me because most liability insurance (including mine) will only  cover one drone at a time but it does not cover indoor flights. I have multiple quads and have a good amount of need to fly indoors for flights, so i use them to supplement each other.

****Update: Just got an email from Verifly that said they offer indoor flight coverage too. In the future I may just rely on that instead. 10/21/17
2017-8-8
Use props
jpflkeys
lvl.2
United States

Jay Bregman Posted at 2017-8-7 14:07
It's true

Thousands of happy pilots can't be wrong - https://phantompilots.com/threads/drone-hourly-insurance.94313/

Thanks & sorry for not responding sooner, I forgot I posted a question on the forum....my apologies
2018-7-25
Use props
jpflkeys
lvl.2
United States

GHz-Drew Posted at 2017-8-8 09:20
I have used this a couple times for work and it works out pretty well. I am a Part 107 certified pilot and I hold liability insurance through Berkley Aviation as well. Verifly works for me because most liability insurance (including mine) will only  cover one drone at a time but it does not cover indoor flights. I have multiple quads and have a good amount of need to fly indoors for flights, so i use them to supplement each other.

****Update: Just got an email from Verifly that said they offer indoor flight coverage too. In the future I may just rely on that instead. 10/21/17

Thanks & sorry for not responding sooner, I forgot I posted a question on the forum....my apologies this usually doesn't happen.
2018-7-25
Use props
jpflkeys
lvl.2
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-8 03:08
These are the folks I use, they will only insure Part 107 certified pilots,
$631.00 p/year, commercial, $1,000,000 Liability, $5,000.00 Medical, (Quad Repairs & Replacement)
$ 1,250.00 Hull Damage, $ 400.00 Payload Damage

Thanks & sorry for not responding sooner, I forgot I posted a question on the forum....my apologies, not the way I usually roll.
2018-7-25
Use props
jpflkeys
lvl.2
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-7 15:03
I follow DRONR on YouTube, he is a Hollywood, CA Drone Pilot with Part 107 and recommends using this insurance IF you are not working long term.

Thanks & sorry for not responding sooner, I forgot I posted a question on the forum....my apologies. I'm usually good about getting back to people, work, kids, house etc... got the best of me.
2018-7-25
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

jpflkeys Posted at 2018-7-25 09:56
Thanks & sorry for not responding sooner, I forgot I posted a question on the forum....my apologies. I'm usually good about getting back to people, work, kids, house etc... got the best of me.

No worries most of us have lives other than here...
2018-7-25
Use props
wattmhite1
lvl.1

United States

I feel like Verify is a good gateway drug into getting insurance quick and easy as your business is starting up. But after I had completed several jobs, I switched to a full annual policy. It's a little but more expensive but a lot better coverage and more professional looking to my customers. I Use https://bwifly.com/aviation-insurance/drones/
2019-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules