Phantom 3
8591 20 2014-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Anyone holding out for the possibility of a Phantom 3 this year?
If it really has the features DJI plans to release "in the future", I'm down.

Interview with DJI's Future of the Phantom

2014-10-15
Use props
RustyProp
New

United States

In short, the New Phantom 3 is coming out this year then is what I gather from that interview...
Open platform to mount different stuff on the craft.
Resulting in a larger craft?
Improved camera.
Obstacle avoidance.
And other stuff?
It'd be nice to see it carry a Sony RX100
2014-10-15
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Looks like we're getting more info coming in.. "DJI (Phantom 3) Triumph"??

- 4K Camera with 3 axes Gimbal
- 6S intelligent Battery
- Integrated HD Video downlink (Lightbridge)
- Integrated Waypoint (Datalink)
- New Android APP
- Flightrecord

App Screenshots here:
http://fpvportugal.com/novas-informa...tom-3-triumph/

Scheduled Expo on 10/30 here: http://n2b.goexposoftware.com/ev ... Profile.php?__id=89
Just rumors but if true, I'd say DJI is headed in the right direction.
Let's get 45 minute flight times

2014-10-19
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Update: looks like its waiting approval from the FCC..It's happening..
http://fccid.net/number.php?fcc=SS3-WM3 ... z3H69Ze4Hw
"Notice - Phantom Remote Control Upgrade
Thank you for purchasing a Phantom. DJI has released an upgraded remote control (models:
NPVT581, NDJ6 and NRC900) to replace the previous models (PVT581, DJ6 and RC900).
The upgraded remote control comes with new features, including a gimbal control dial, builtin
LiPo battery, and battery level LED indicators. The new remote control is compatible with
the Phantom 2 Vision+, Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2."

2014-10-24
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Well, looks like we may see a "Phantom 2.5" before a P3.
If these documents are true, it looks like some tasty upgrades.
I'll definitely be upgrading my current P2 with a few of these parts but not sure about removing the self-centered spring sticks.

• Improved motors - more lift and durability
  • Improved props - better efficiency and manuverability
  • Upgraded ESCs - possibly able to hander more current
  • Improved Transmitter - Left dial gimbal wheel (ABOUT TIME), Trainer port (for PC flight simulations), built in battery and status indicator
  • Compass - Protective shell  (white), anti-static

Edit: couple more photos

2014-10-25
Use props
RustyProp
New

United States

Hmmm. I have 2 P2's and never had any motor issues, props have been great as well. Not sure about the lipo battery as it sounds like you must plug it into a computer to charge and now cant swap out batteries in the field? Though the indicator is sweet. The transmitter now has a long last with the 4 AA's. The gimbal dial is an awesome upgrade though. The non self centering stick on descend, not sure what thats all about? The compass should have been upgraded a long time ago. So unless they are sneaking in a camera and app upgrades its not a Phantom 3 whatsoever, just improvements and upgrades that took along time coming. We shall see though?
2014-10-25
Use props
tmansonusa
lvl.2

United States

I'm assuming that I can install the new ESCs and the new motors and props and have a much stronger quad.  Now to wait for the release.
2014-10-25
Use props
zeekxxx
New

United States

I would like a version of the P3 to have fpv glasses in it from the factory.  I am always leery of add on things that were not designed for it.  I'd love to sit on the dock and fly it first person so long as its reliable. My phone is always getting washed out in the sun and its hard to see what I am filming.  Glasses would keep out the light and let me focus on the flight.  
2014-10-26
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

^ This!      
2014-10-26
Use props
OOKH
New

United States

I'm wanting to purchase one here in the next 2 - 6 months. P3 looks like a much bigger step up if it comes with the light bridge setup. I'm wondering about cost. Any vets that might take a stab at a retail price when this hits the streets are more than welcome?
(P2V+ at the moment is about $1200 give or take 50.00)
2014-10-27
Use props
pr07het
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So should I regret buying a PV2+ this week then, should I have waited? Typical!
2014-10-27
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Not really, the V+ is an awesome bit of kit.
However technology moves at a very fast pace and there will always be something new around the corner.
2014-10-27
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

I think most folks here are misunderstanding this update- it's more of a refresh of the existing P2 & PV2+.
Same body, same battery, same functions. I think the only things new are upgadeable parts that can easily be added to your quad. These parts should be preconfigured on P2s going forward but the props are stupid easy to swap.
Motors and ESCs need a bit of soldering but no wire splintering - its not difficult.
If you have minimal experience soldering, you can just take it down to your LHS for a quick upgrade.

Though I don't have immediate plans to replace my escs and motors..only 2 months old! But will be upgrading as needed.
2014-10-28
Use props
arhnem.digital
lvl.1

Australia

Flight time would be something I'd expect DJI to take a close look at.

Also the new flight controller is a real bonus with the camera tilt now being onboard instead of the app.
2014-10-28
Use props
crc2004
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63461 ft
United States

its here now!
2014-10-28
Use props
gphunter
New

United States

Which US dealers are selling it? I can't find it for sale yet people appear to be buying the V2 somewhere.
2014-10-28
Use props
Bearlodgeonshee
lvl.1

United States

I live and use the V+  at an altitude of 5300 feet.  I wonder if the new props are usable on my version without upgrading the motors.  Will they alone increase lift at high altitudes or must I attempt a motor upgrade as well?
2014-10-29
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Bearlodgeonshee Posted at 2014-10-29 22:21
I live and use the V+  at an altitude of 5300 feet.  I wonder if the new props are usable on my vers ...

They will increase your lift and give you a bit more stability according to DJI.
Obviously the best results would probably be ESCs, motors and props, but no one knows how much of a gain you get from motors and ESCs yet.

The P2 props alone increased my thrust and flight times on my P1. Had to lower my gains just to keep it at altitude, the extra lift was making it rise a bit.
2014-10-30
Use props
Gobokinetic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

hello everyone. im not sure on a phantom 3 but u have the new phantom 2 V2 2.4g as pictured above with the new transmitter upgraded motors and props. alreadly have an issue with the transmitter leds not working. need some help!!!
2014-11-1
Use props
Bearlodgeonshee
lvl.1

United States

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-10-30 21:08
They will increase your lift and give you a bit more stability according to DJI.
Obviously the be ...

Thanks.  Think I will try the props for starters.
2014-11-3
Use props
shep941
lvl.2

United States

With all the current problems the P2V+ and software updates have I would hope DJI would take the time to address them rather than pushing out a new model before the latest has more reliability by consensus.
2014-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules