Remote Power Down for Solo Catch Landing
1033 3 2017-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirVR
New

United States

I fly my M600 with a camera/gimbal setup which extends below the landing gear.  For takeoff I have an elevated platform for the landing gear but space for the camera/gimbal to dangle which makes this pretty easy.  For landing, the easiest method I have found (after numerous mostly successful attempts at "threading the needle" back onto my elevated platform) is a Catch Landing. My process is as follows: I bring M600 down to ~8ft.  My light assistant walks beneath and grabs/holds landing gear down tubes.  I power down rotors.  Flight assistant carries rig back to take-off platform.  Piece of cake...with two people.

I want to be able to land without a second person.  I want to perform a Solo Catch Landing.

To that end, I would like to program a power down sequence in one of two ways, (I think in order of preference):
1. Build a standalone foot switch which when depressed powers down rotors immediately.  This could be wired to the DJI M600 Remote Controller or (better yet?) a Bluetooth button.
2. Program a countdown sequence activated by a switch on the DJI M600 Remote Controller which powers down the rotors after 10 seconds (or other pre-selected amount of time).

Is this possible?  Any ideas on the best approach?  

Thanks in advance.

2017-8-7
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello,
interesting problem, one idea could be just to extend the landing legs as tubing is available now, depends on how much your cameras extends below I suppose.
there might be a really simple way, I am presuming you wish to grab the landing legs at just above head height, simple solution would be to have a switch on the landing legs that is connected to the main power distribution for the M 600 and you can just press the button to cut the power to the module. you will need a relay because the current draw could be 10a,

food for thought
ricci
2017-8-8
Use props
AirVR
New

United States

I've previously considered longer landing legs but it would be counterproductive as once raised for flight, (actually up or down) they would increase the "visual footprint" of the M600.  The purpose of the extension tube is to reduce the visual presence of the M600.

I really like the button on the landing leg idea.  I'll look into that further.  

Thanks for your response.
2017-8-8
Use props
AirVR
New

United States

To clarify, purpose of the extension tube the camera and gimbal are attached to is to reduce the visual presence of the M600.
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules