I2 doesn't want to shut down during hand catch
1039 5 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans734bdf9b
lvl.1

United States

Hey all.  Since the most recent update the Inspire 2 seems to really not want to shut down during hand catches.  We're often flying from a boat, so I reach up and grab with the gear up, then pull down on the left stick.  It's always worked well - I've probably done this a hundred times or more on I1 and maybe 25 on I2.  Until the latest update.  When I pull down on the stick it behaves as normal for a second or two and then throttles up like it wants to go.  I have to hold on as it's pulling at full power for at least a few seconds before it'll shut down. At one suggestion I tried going down and right (this is how it shows on the graphic in the app) but that just made it worse.  We've tried the "allow motor stop midair" slider in the app both ways.  Any thoughts?  Thank you!
2017-8-8
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like you're landing in GPS mode on a moving platform. If the drone thinks it's still moving it won't power down the motors.

If it wants to go, it's probably that the GPS readout is saying that it's not where it should be and attempts to motor up to fly to the correct location.

It might be something else and you might not be landing in GPS, but just worth mentioning that any takeoff and landings from moving/bobbing surfaces should be in ATTI
2017-8-8
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Can you turn off VPS on the Go4 app?
2017-8-10
Use props
AmsterdamBM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3834469 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had this same issue landing on a beach last week. The I2 would FIGHT to not shutdown. My cam Op was throttling down and I was catching it. It took a full 5-10 seconds before it would power off. Done this hundreds of times previous to this firmware and never had this issue.
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

As Mark suggested, try to turn off VPS on the Go4 app.
2017-8-14
Use props
dkotinsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 2017-8-8 03:55
Sounds like you're landing in GPS mode on a moving platform. If the drone thinks it's still moving it won't power down the motors.

If it wants to go, it's probably that the GPS readout is saying that it's not where it should be and attempts to motor up to fly to the correct location.

Thanks for info! I've been flying mavic and p4pro off a boat lately, experience the drone trying to keeps its spot.  Atti makes sense!
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules