POLL - Strong wireless Interference/Connectivity Issues ??
3673 73 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-8-23 07:57
Love it. I fly RC with pilots for Delta and Jetblue and they say drones and radio conrol fix wing airplanes are just one of the 1000's things they need to worry about in a days work. The chances of a strike are a 100 million times less than a bird.  They are also amazed that many other pilots who don't understand the hobby get there crazy drone facts from the over reacting news. The pilots lounge has had a few good conversations with pilots who have no idea what they are and how most are used as tool and education etc.

My goodness, you are so spot on with this.

I've got neighbors here that are so unbelievably misinformed about drone use. They think that someone flying a Phantom around here that flies by at 50m is capable of spying in their windows. Or that drone pilots are specifically singling them out to stare at them while they are at the pool.

Then there's the people that go on a rant about how every drone needs to be registered with the FAA, and that there are $27,000 fines for not doing so ... and that they should record each one and turn them into the government. It's like, where do they get this information from?

And there's also the people who are trying to spread the word about building or purchasing signal jammers to "make the drone drop dead out of the sky" (in addition to impacting emergency service vehicles and workers).

We once had the sheriff called on us for flying the Inspire 2. A resident nearby an empty field where we fly said that "a 6 to 8 foot drone is hovering above and invading our privacy". It's such a bummer.

I wish that the 1 out of 1000 drone pilots who is "that guy who did something stupid" would stop being that guy.
2017-8-23
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft
Australia

So how about it  @djimindy  Do you have an update for us? If not, how about you allow us to roll back the firmware until it's resolved?
You have got to understand the issues here... I'll use this analogy.... If I went to a car dealer and purchased a Nissan GTR and drove it for 6 months with no issues. I then drop it back to the dealership for its 1st service (6 month)  and Nissan decide to flash my ECU and throttle back the power in the car without informing me or any of the other customers. Do you think that this would fly or be acceptable? This is what has happened here for all us Inpsire 2 users. I suggest you find a solution rather quickly otherwise there will be mutiny afoot.
2017-8-28
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

fansc776fa97 Posted at 2017-8-28 02:02
So how about it  @djimindy  Do you have an update for us? If not, how about you allow us to roll back the firmware until it's resolved?
You have got to understand the issues here... I'll use this analogy.... If I went to a car dealer and purchased a Nissan GTR and drove it for 6 months with no issues. I then drop it back to the dealership for its 1st service (6 month)  and Nissan decide to flash my ECU and throttle back the power in the car without informing me or any of the other customers. Do you think that this would fly or be acceptable? This is what has happened here for all us Inpsire 2 users. I suggest you find a solution rather quickly otherwise there will be mutiny afoot.

Or, maybe DJI will give all of us whiners a little gift for having to go through all of this for multiple months, and they're trying to figure out if they should send us all a ultra-bright CrystalSky or just the regular one, along with a Tracktenna and a Cendence remote. ;-)
2017-8-29
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy ,

Still wondering why no respond from the Engineering Teams .. do they have phones or email ?

Or do I stand a better chance for little green men from Mars update our firmware , which DJI SCREWED UP !

If it is not broken leave it alone !
2017-8-29
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-8-29 13:34
DJI Mindy ,

Still wondering why no respond from the Engineering Teams .. do they have phones or email ?

I'd be down to try a new firmware made by little green men!!
2017-8-29
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

There is youtube video on how to roll back for I2. If you have 2 birds, it may worth a try on one. Please research more before you do so. Make sure it will give you the results you are looking for. Good luck if you are waiting for a new FW from DJI.
2017-8-29
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-8-29 17:06
There is youtube video on how to roll back for I2. If you have 2 birds, it may worth a try on one. Please research more before you do so. Make sure it will give you the results you are looking for. Good luck if you are waiting for a new FW from DJI.

DTK,

Thank you for the information on YouTube , I have seen it and don't wish to chance bricking my Inspire 2 and not being covered on the DJI Refresh Care .  As I  really believe DJI will use any excuse now in not replacing the Inspire 2 under Warranty.  

Still waiting DJI , FOR UPDATES
2017-8-29
Use props
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 963251 ft
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-23 09:24
My goodness, you are so spot on with this.

I've got neighbors here that are so unbelievably misinformed about drone use. They think that someone flying a Phantom around here that flies by at 50m is capable of spying in their windows. Or that drone pilots are specifically singling them out to stare at them while they are at the pool.

That's why we all should strive to not only be responsible drone pilots, but also to educate the less informed.  Those who are willing to learn, that is.
2017-8-29
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-8-29 17:06

It works to backup ;)  But there no old firmware for the I2 RC only the I2. Anyone have old RC firmware that will backup bin files for us?
2017-9-5
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-9-5 20:07
It works to backup ;)  But there no old firmware for the I2 RC only the I2. Anyone have old RC firmware that will backup bin files for us?

You can downgrade that one easily using the DJI GO app. Just hold down on the 3 horizontal bars in the top right for about 5-10 seconds, and then when you release it, a menu should come up that allows you to select the RC firmware. You'll have to be connected to the RC of course, but you can pick from any firmware and it is pretty easy.
2017-9-6
Use props
fans3d037974
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

I'm hoping DJI come thur on this issue, but in the mean time what I have tried in my troubleshooting process with the choppy & intermittent video, I borrowed a ipad pro and I had no issues flying going through two batt. I have the inspire1 pro w/fw 1.11 is anyone using a newer ipad with the A9 / A10 processor/ Please post
2017-9-20
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Australia

Mindy, have we any update on these issues?  

I'm having terrible disconnection issues on every flight still.
2017-9-22
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

Week signal and disconnects were bad today at a job. I needed my X5s for clarity as it was a import customer. Loss signal 3 times and regained it back within a few seconds. What is taking so long? Thank God I brought my Mavic is a backup. So much for spending seven grand on a high-end unit and it sits in a box. Please give us a real answer of what is happening and when this will be resolved. I tried to 2.4 and 5.8 and both had issues. I was way less than a 75 meters.
2017-9-23
Use props
andymc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1023878 ft
United Kingdom

Same here - constant weak signal notifications and drop outs, even occurring when controller/aircraft are literally within a foot of each other on a few memorable occasions.
This seems to be dragging on a long time and I am more wary than ever of using the I2 on important jobs. I always have the Mavic ready but, come on, that is ridiculous months down the line from this first getting reported!
2017-9-25
Use props
fansc783cba3
New

United Kingdom

I've had my phantom pro 4 for a few weeks now.  Currently running latest firmware (1.04 I think) and I've been experiencing similar problems described here.

Even in plain sight of the drone I experience flickering video and loss of video signal on both 2 & 5G.  I pretty much constantly have a "wireless interference" warning on my HUD.

Is there any way I can rollback my phantom 4 pro firmware to an older version?
2017-9-25
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

I can't speak for DJI, but I'm sure they are taking care of the issues we are all having. Would be nice to have a legit update though.
2017-9-29
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Baffled. Still getting dropout on 2.4 GHz even when flying in isolated locations with no other RF sources around.  Full signal, and suddenly... nothing.  Range is better on 5.8, which makes no sense at all.
2017-10-3
Use props
IntrepidDrone
lvl.4
Australia

Dan M Posted at 2017-10-3 05:54
Baffled. Still getting dropout on 2.4 GHz even when flying in isolated locations with no other RF sources around.  Full signal, and suddenly... nothing.  Range is better on 5.8, which makes no sense at all.

I'm also still in the same boat mate, pretty pathetic to be honest. Cannot believe we are still singing the same tune and nothing has been done about it!!
2017-10-4
Use props
S.O.G.
New
United States

WE ALL ARE HAVING THESE ISSUES AND DJI NEEDS TO OWN UP TO THEM!!! DRONES ARE WRECKING DUE TO THE FIRMWARE
2017-10-4
Use props
info.jerrygladh
lvl.1
Sweden

Dji.....
Do this for a living and crippled for almost 3 months due to crappy FW.
Obviously the technical capacity fails.
Trust is damaged badly.
Forced by business to abandon ship, to risky.
My spent money on a new drone was taken from the upcoming Ronin 2 investment.
Take care.....
2017-10-5
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

info.jerrygladh Posted at 2017-10-5 08:40
Dji.....
Do this for a living and crippled for almost 3 months due to crappy FW.
Obviously the technical capacity fails.

To: Info.jerry gladh

Very sorry the DJI shut down your business and wish someone would reply to you

Can’t believe DJI hasn’t taken care of this firmware night mare which was an self inflicted wound !

Any News from our 50 new Beta Testers ? As this forum has be very very silent lately ..

Hope there’s a fix in the works ...
2017-10-8
Use props
info.jerrygladh
lvl.1
Sweden

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-10-8 03:38

Seems like we all are Beta testers...
2017-10-8
Use props
info.jerrygladh
lvl.1
Sweden

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2017-10-8 03:38

Thx for your concern mate

Managed to fly a job today. Inspire x5r.
Unpacked my unused second RC  (always fly solo).
Updated it to 1.7.8 and for some reason all the image transmission problems was gone.
Had a 5 battery flight with no problems at all.
Lets hope it stays that way fo the next job :-)

Jerry
2017-10-8
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

Good news from you. Do you think the loss of transmission is due to RC firmware update?
2017-10-8
Use props
info.jerrygladh
lvl.1
Sweden

DTK Posted at 2017-10-8 22:30
Good news from you. Do you think the loss of transmission is due to RC firmware update?

Abolutely, no doubt.
Loss of transmission, video signal, bad reach and, CPU overload.
All came with the last FW. Updated second RC over internet. Maybe some changes done to same version.
Why I got it working with same FW in another RC, at least a 5 battery flight yesterday, i don't know.
Thing is, to fly DJI for business is hard. Time is money.
2017-10-9
Use props
feethea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 387940 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe I'm being a bit cynical but as DJI are currently pushing the Crystal Sky monitors would it be too much to suggest that they have added a line of code to the latest firmware to slightly reduce image transmission on 'standard' tablets to persuade us to go for the dedicated Crystal Sky ones? Just a thought.
2017-10-9
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I hope that's not the case.

I have invested heavily in DJI equipment and have so far been very happy with the results from it and also with the customer service I've received.

I do want to purchase a pair of CS monitors and the Cendance RC. Unfortunately though, I won't be buying anything else until I can see that the FW and APP issues are sorted out.

Shame..

2017-10-9
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI service just replaced an Inspire 2 for me (issue unrelated to the signal), so I was able to compare the new bird to an Inspire 2 I have owned since April.  In testing today, same results with both birds.  This effectively rules out something failing over time, since one of the two systems is fresh off the test bench at DJI.

Contrary to the way the system should work, the 5.8 GHz signal still has the same, slightly better performance than 2.4 GHz at the edge of the 5.8 GHz range in my test area.
The 2.4 GHz signal remains full until... BAM! Total dropout, then back to full (lather, rinse repeat). The range is still less than half of what it was when first put into service (and up until that nasty firmware update that killed the range).

I have now tested in a variety of environments, including suburban (with all the wireless noise you might expect), and fully isolated, on a point jutting out into open water. Using 2.4 GHz, the system reports strong RF interference where there are no electronic devices for nearly a mile (including our cell phones, as we had them switched off).

There is absolutely zero doubt that DJI destroyed the effective range of the Inspire 2, and has yet to either just say why, or acknowledge that there is a problem they are working to fix.
Best I can do is to keep opening service tickets, hoping to get a response other than "Send it in." That's clearly not going to fix anything, since an aircraft they just sent me has the same issue.

*grumble*
2017-10-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dan M Posted at 2017-10-13 11:35
DJI service just replaced an Inspire 2 for me (issue unrelated to the signal), so I was able to compare the new bird to an Inspire 2 I have owned since April.  In testing today, same results with both birds.  This effectively rules out something failing over time, since one of the two systems is fresh off the test bench at DJI.

Contrary to the way the system should work, the 5.8 GHz signal still has the same, slightly better performance than 2.4 GHz at the edge of the 5.8 GHz range in my test area.

Hi Dan

Sorry to read this report on the I2 situation. I hope the FW update corrects this for you. Not sure when the next FW is going to be released from the beta group results.  

Let's hope they are doing something to fix the bug
Rich
2017-10-13
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

As to connectivity, my I2 RC will disconnect and the main green led as well as the blue one on the focus hand wheel both go dark, all other white ones on the RC stay on.  I have to shut off the RC and restart it during flight.  Evidently this is happening to some new Cendences too that a LA dealer sells.  Ridiculous as I've never had the RC plane's radio disconnect like this DJI thing does.  Least the drone hovers while I restart.

DJI has a lot of issues to fix, imho.  I'll park it until they figure out how to make it fly right.  Okay, P4 too.
2017-10-13
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-10-13 19:14
Hi Dan

Sorry to read this report on the I2 situation. I hope the FW update corrects this for you. Not sure when the next FW is going to be released from the beta group results.  

Hi Rich,

What disturbs me is that DJI repeatedly tells me that there is nothing wrong, and it must be interference.
The insistence that the fault is on the user end leaves little room for faith that the company is working on a fix.
2017-10-15
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
Flight distance : 862854 ft
United States

Can someone post the the latest firmware version that works as it should - both the RC and bird please?  I'm new to the Inspire, but not new to DJI and using alternate methods of restoring firmware versions.

2017-10-17
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

The one before the latest works fine for me.

How will you restore it?
2017-10-17
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Altitude Drones Posted at 2017-10-17 11:14
The one before the latest works fine for me.

How will you restore it?

Using .330 firmware with no problems,  Please roll back the Remote Controller as well.

The Last firmware did not work for me... Instructions on Youtube
2017-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules