Spark. Error. 71. IMU issues
4673 10 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans706f52a3
New
United Kingdom

Hi All.  

I spoke with the DJI support team of this issue.   They want me to return the spark.    Before I do this which i dont reallty want the hassle.  I need the device for a project. The spark on a few weeks old already issue which is not good.   This issue looks like some sort of firmware issue would really like to resolve this with out returning spark.   
The spark was working great until today went to fly wanted me to do. Compass and imu.  Which isn't a issue normally.     Compass completed    IMU wont go pass step 1.   Error code 71. Retry  So i have   Tried maybe 5 times now still issues.   Error. 71.     Next step was to re install.   TheDJI. Go app. Which i have done still gettting the IMU error .     Another things that does flash up on the screen is a data error with controller somtimes. Not all the times.  Also had error code 13. Also flashed up 1 time during the imu. Setup.   

Thanks in advance really hope i can resolve this issue

2017-8-8
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

did you crash it? try knocking (i mean really knocking it, not too soft but not too hard) it a few times... the gyrosensor is stuck... on the side n front n back
2017-8-8
Use props
fans706f52a3
New
United Kingdom

No crash at all.  But when i first unboxed first flight i couldn't get the imu working.   Thought it was me just being newbie.   Next day i tried again and it worked.   So now I am 20 days in from un boxing a new spark direct from dji.  With a drone that doesn't work.   Poor and very disappointment that I have non working drone.  All the time and hassle of now returning a drone and tech service saying all they will do is repair it.  Why repair a faulty device ?  
2017-8-8
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

rather than returning to Dji.   can you get an exchange at the store you purchased it at or a refund then buy it again?   i had to send mine back to amazon get another from amazon, glad i did instead of waiting potentially weeks/months for tech support to actually get stuff done..  and my new spark is absolutely amazing!
2017-8-8
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Malaysia

just to be sure you can calibrating it correctly

2017-8-8
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

eylneb Posted at 2017-8-8 15:37
just to be sure you can calibrating it correctly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfxtxKd69f4

we dont have an explanation of what error 71 even is though.  i doubt think calibration will fix it.  it think -71 = hardware problem.    i suggest for fastest results, to just exchange it if you have problems out of the box specially but also on first flight if your having weird errors, ..dont try to fix it or get it fixed, exchange it that's why stores have exchange and return policies..
2017-8-8
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Malaysia

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-8 15:45
we dont have an explanation of what error 71 even is though.  i doubt think calibration will fix it.  it think -71 = hardware problem.    i suggest for fastest results, to just exchange it if you have problems out of the box specially but also on first flight if your having weird errors, ..dont try to fix it or get it fixed, exchange it that's why stores have exchange and return policies..

well if im not wrong its one of the sensors thats stuck..

i;ve personally have this problem  ... knocked it abit and it works; just to be sure to also you have remove your props (making it uneven) as it may screw with the sensors....

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 5820&fromuid=853829  smiliar issue but mavic
Spark
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 5835&fromuid=853829
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 4215&fromuid=853829
Phantom
(jump to 6m40s) also sugest to "tap" the accelerometer. but because its big they need to remove the shell.. spark is small..

IMU error 50 n 71 = either you make sure you have remove your props, make sure you rotate your spark following the image (don't hold it & yes many ppl hold it thinking it may fall or didn't rotate the spark following the image), if all else fails slap\knock the damn spark (cheap method to try).. if the following doesnt work send it back

2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Dear customer, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. We understand your situation. But if an error code -71 is shown on the app, please try to restart the drone and recalibrate it (which I learnt that you'd done already). If the issue still persists, please send the drone in and provide your case number to us. We will mark your case and diagnose your aircraft after receiving it. Thanks for your kindly understanding.
2017-8-8
Use props
Orlando1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39104 ft
Mexico

I am having the exact same issue... í return it to amazon
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Orlando1 Posted at 2017-9-20 17:12
I am having the exact same issue... í return it to amazon

Please follow Thor's advice and have a try first. If the problem still exists, please contact the support and start a case. Thanks.
2017-9-20
Use props
fansea4abffe
New
Flight distance : 505 ft

Colombia

eylneb Posted at 2017-8-8 18:53
well if im not wrong its one of the sensors thats stuck..

i;ve personally have this problem  ... knocked it abit and it works; just to be sure to also you have remove your props (making it uneven) as it may screw with the sensors....

Buenas noches, tengo un pequeño problema con mi drone spark ya que no he podido volarlo porque me dice que debo calibrar el IMU pero cuando lo estoy haciendo me arroja este mensaje. Error de orientación automática error -50. Alguien sabe cómo solucionarlo. Gracias  
2019-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules