Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Question for WLAN Signal indicators channels in DJI Go 4 App
1948 8 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShadowBJ21
New
Flight distance : 49157 ft
Germany

Hi,

I have a problem how to read the signal indicators for the WLAN channel selection.

In the english version the indicator is called RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indication) but the german version uses the term "Rauschen" (which translates to "Noise")
The problem is that RSSI and Noise refer to very different indicators in wireless communication.

If it is really RSSI then a value closer to -60dbm on the -60 to -100 scale is preferable
If it is noise then it's vice versa and -100 would be better

To add to the confusion the green (stable) bars usually stay between -100 an -90 (which would indicate a very bad connection), while the red bars (unstable) go in the -80 to -60 area.
On the other hand this would make sense for "Noise" and indicate good values.

As I am now completely confused and did so far choose the smallest green bar (always resulting in a very good and stable connection) I would hope somebody can explain this to me

Thanks
Harald
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please provide us with the screenshot of RSSI? I don't see it on my device if you mean the Wi-Fi settings on the app.
Besides, there is no recommended noise value. The less the Noise is, the more stable the image transmission you’ll get.
2017-8-8
Use props
fans99d24711
lvl.2
United States

I also am confused. Also is this only for video transmission or for video and RC to AC connection? So is the channel worth the line ngest green line preferable or the shortest green line?
2017-8-9
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dji is using noise and RSSI interchangeable anyway because sometimes the graphs have zero relationship to actual RSSI..  

Makes you wonder how many different teams worked on software of the spark never completed there end of it.  So many unpolished unfinished weird things..
2017-8-9
Use props
ShadowBJ21
New
Flight distance : 49157 ft
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-8 23:42
Could you please provide us with the screenshot of RSSI? I don't see it on my device if you mean the Wi-Fi settings on the app.
Besides, there is no recommended noise value. The less the Noise is, the more stable the image transmission you’ll get.

See attachment. Yes, WIFI settings. As I said it‘s from an English version of the app. Mine is German and shows „Rauschen“ (Noise).

The more important question is the one which channel to use for best results: The lowest green bar or the highest green bar!
So in the example of the screenshot would it be 5 or 11?
F9C94071-A5FF-414D-BF0A-0EFDA65C1284.jpeg
2017-8-10
Use props
djiuser_pPiSUoMYqFPa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 356204 ft
United Kingdom

ShadowBJ21 Posted at 2017-8-10 03:31
See attachment. Yes, WIFI settings. As I said it‘s from an English version of the app. Mine is German and shows „Rauschen“ (Noise).

The more important question is the one which channel to use for best results: The lowest green bar or the highest green bar!
[Image]

Did you ever find an answer to this question? Whether the higher green bar or lower green bar is preferable? I've been wondering as my signal has been fairly weak at times and I'm wanting to change channel, to get better connection, but unsure on which channel to choose... Purely because I don't want to choose a long green bar, only to find out that is worse.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks.
2018-11-30
Use props
djiuser_6skJaeLno6Ca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21316 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_pPiSUoMYqFPa Posted at 11-30 06:08
Did you ever find an answer to this question? Whether the higher green bar or lower green bar is preferable? I've been wondering as my signal has been fairly weak at times and I'm wanting to change channel, to get better connection, but unsure on which channel to choose... Purely because I don't want to choose a long green bar, only to find out that is worse.

Anyone know the answer to this?

I would like a answer to this as well please anyone. Hope a DJI rep can reply?....
2018-11-30
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ShadowBJ21 Posted at 2017-8-10 03:31

The more important question is the one which channel to use for best results: The lowest green bar or the highest green bar!

Hi,

I have read somewhere (try to find it) that the shortest green bar is the best to use and the one further away from a red one. So i would pick channel 1 or 10.

cheers
JJB
2018-12-7
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I think the shortest green bar is better signal. But the channels flactuate a lot, also when you already took off, the channel occupacy may change a lot
Thats why i just love ocusync, it can change channels while in mid air!

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules