LED Light cover
6938 23 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Domsz06
lvl.1
United States

So anyone know where or how to buy a LED light cover for the spark? was flying it last night and noticed the front right cover was missing. Sure makes it hard to see since the LED is recessed up in the arm.

I contacted DJI support and they were not much help. Said I would need to send the whole drone in to get it fixed. I don't want to send the whole thing in just to get this little bitty 50 cent part replaced.

Thanks everyone.
2017-8-8
Use props
Domsz06
lvl.1
United States

forgot to attach pic, sorry.

missing part

missing part
2017-8-8
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

no stock yet
2017-8-8
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

contact Dji customer support and make a claim, say you only need the LED cover, not a repair and ship out that specific cover.    as far as i know they just snap in, maybe mild adhesive but idk.  
2017-8-8
Use props
Domsz06
lvl.1
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-8 08:48
contact Dji customer support and make a claim, say you only need the LED cover, not a repair and ship out that specific cover.    as far as i know they just snap in, maybe mild adhesive but idk.

I tried that and he said it has to be sent in. I was talking to the sales, as repair told me to talk to sales. I'll contact customer support.
2017-8-8
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ya you should be able to. someone here already had this issue and they managed to get just LED cover, it does take a bit of hassle i think.  maybe a moderator here can step in and escalate the case for you?

2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We recommend sending the drone in when it is free because the LED light cover is not available for selling independently.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-8-8
Use props
Domsz06
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-8 23:04
We recommend sending the drone in when it is free because the LED light cover is not available for selling independently.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

It was recommended to send it in, but no help on how to do it or what exactly to do. I am in the middle of no where so shipping thing is a real pain. Just getting the drone here was a pain, that's why I was hoping for just an easy solution of just shipping me the small cover and I'd install it.
2017-8-9
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Domsz06 Posted at 2017-8-9 14:54
It was recommended to send it in, but no help on how to do it or what exactly to do. I am in the middle of no where so shipping thing is a real pain. Just getting the drone here was a pain, that's why I was hoping for just an easy solution of just shipping me the small cover and I'd install it.

it feels almost insulting how they treat you isn't it... Dji isn't getting my recommendations from anyone until they fix this nearly insulting way of handling things.   

DJi,this is unacceptable... mail us parts if we ask for parts, if we ask for service give us service... some stuff we as customers can fix repair like a piece of plastic that CLIPS into place..
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Domsz06 Posted at 2017-8-9 14:54

Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back, Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-8-10
Use props
Mija711
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16870 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-10 01:41
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back, Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

I have the same problem.  In my case this happened about 6 weeks ago.  I filed a claim and requested just the part since I thought i would be silly to send the Spark cross country just to snap/glue this piece back on.  After a few weeks of waiting I called to follow up and got very little support other than we will escalate this. Now 6 weeks later nothing.  I really hope DJI can make this simple part available.

LED cap missing

LED cap missing
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mija711 Posted at 2017-8-12 08:16
I have the same problem.  In my case this happened about 6 weeks ago.  I filed a claim and requested just the part since I thought i would be silly to send the Spark cross country just to snap/glue this piece back on.  After a few weeks of waiting I called to follow up and got very little support other than we will escalate this. Now 6 weeks later nothing.  I really hope DJI can make this simple part available.

I am sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing. Could you please provide me with your case number so I can check the status for you?
2017-8-13
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Found these on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Spar ... ibbE&rmvSB=true
2017-8-13
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18898 ft
Netherlands

[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BIMG%5D[/IMG] haveing the same problem, just got my spark back ...really don't want to send it in for such  a tiny part
2017-8-14
Use props
Lord Business
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42989 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-8-13 07:09
Found these on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Spark-Spare-part-Lamp-Cover-Light-Cover-Component-For-DJI-Spark-Rc-Drone-/253084897203?hash=item3aed090fb3:g:iEAAAOSwhIFZibbE&rmvSB=true

Thanks!  I ordered 2...  now it's a race to see which will get to me first, these or the one DJI says they will send when they have them in stock.
2017-8-14
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Netherlands

Dear KEN-RICK,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support. I'm very happy to help you.

However, sorry and sorry to let you know that we do not sell the LED cover in DJI online store. There are two methods for you:
1. You are advised to contact local dealers to purchase them.
2. You can send the drone to HK office for a repair.

If there is any other question, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help.

Thank you for choosing DJI. Good day!
Sincerely,
Aurora
DJI Technical Support {: 4_137:}

Https://sparkpilots.zone/threads/led-cover-replacement.1681/
Http://forum.dji.com/thread-106844-1-1.html

It seems like a common problem ..
I will also order ebay for € 4, and wait for two months what is this about ...
2017-8-15
Use props
PetrP314
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095853 ft
Czechia

You can find those LED caps on eBay pretty cheap...
2017-8-15
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DJI-Spark ... :g:iEAAAOSwhIFZibbE
2017-8-15
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Netherlands

It's not about how expensive they are, they can offer a much better service

Part costs $ 4, my drone with refresh $ 860.

Ebay (ordered, delivery in two months) ... Would pay 20 $ if necessary, because they are the suppliers.

Since it is a common problem. I Does not find this response very good (pro) indeed.
2017-8-15
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

lannes Posted at 2017-8-13 07:09
Found these on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Spark-Spare-part-Lamp-Cover-Light-Cover-Component-For-DJI-Spark-Rc-Drone-/253084897203?hash=item3aed090fb3:g:iEAAAOSwhIFZibbE&rmvSB=true

Thanks for sharing the link.  I'm sure we will see more availability to aftermarket parts in the upcoming months.
2017-8-15
Use props
alan1206
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119934 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-8-15 05:53
Thanks for sharing the link.  I'm sure we will see more availability to aftermarket parts in the upcoming months.

Mine even worst. it is just like take it out by force. on my last fly. no accident so far on my spark. when i pick it up. the lamp cover just gone...
005352ohghj2x6t328t6c2.jpg
2017-8-19
Use props
Lord Business
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42989 ft
United States

My eBay replacements arrived from China today.   2 weeks from order to delivery... not bad.  Still waiting on DJI's.  
IMG_2260.JPG
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

I would not recommend you buy the components from the third party. Not in warranty when it causes damage during installation.
2017-8-29
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

But DJI won’t ship us parts ...
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules