Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Refresh without warranty?
1577 6 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fresh_Uni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 304754 ft
United States

So I bought a brand new Mavic Pro from a seller on Ebay with knowledge that it won't be covered under warranty. What I'm curious about though is, can I still get DJI refresh for it? I called the support line and was told I could but I kind of don't believe the guy since he had to put me on hold a couple of times to ask someone else. I'd appreciate anyone with the correct information please chime in.

2017-8-8
Use props
MediaElite
lvl.3
Flight distance : 408343 ft
United States

I think you should clarify directly with DJI email support ASAP.  There may be a window of opportunity.  Be sure to list your serial numbers for drone and remote in addition to attaching your purchase receipt in that email.  Don't activate it until you get an answer.
2017-8-8
Use props
Fresh_Uni
lvl.1
United States

MediaElite Posted at 2017-8-8 13:59
I think you should clarify directly with DJI email support ASAP.  There may be a window of opportunity.  Be sure to list your serial numbers for drone and remote in addition to attaching your purchase receipt in that email.  Don't activate it until you get an answer.

Thanks for your input. The reason I'm skeptical is that it seems contradicting for them to not honor the warranty since it was not purchased from an authorized dealer, but DJI refresh is $99 of revenue for them. I could see why they would allow it.
2017-8-8
Use props
RMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93215 ft
Canada

https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload (Want to purchase DJI Care Refresh, but your product has been activated over 48 hours? Click here to learn how.)
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

You can get the DJI Care Refresh for your Mavic, please go to the DJI online Store to purchase it.
2017-8-8
Use props
Fresh_Uni
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-8 20:00
You can get the DJI Care Refresh for your Mavic, please go to the DJI online Store to purchase it.

Just curious how it would work out in case something happens. Like if I crashed my drone and send it in for repairs, will I be charged if for some reason the work is deemed for warranty?
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Fresh_Uni Posted at 2017-8-9 06:23
Just curious how it would work out in case something happens. Like if I crashed my drone and send it in for repairs, will I be charged if for some reason the work is deemed for warranty?

A product warranty is a guarantee of repair service provided by a manufacturer if any product defects are found. DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from accidental damage occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use. You can still enjoy DJI’s standard product warranty without buying DJI Care Refresh, but DJI Care Refresh can greatly reduce service costs. Furthermore, if the repair costs are covered by the standard product warranty, the remaining Replacement balance on your DJI Care Refresh will not be affected.  Here is a link for your reference:  http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s4
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules