Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Handwheel 2 and stand
1880 21 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roffen
lvl.1
United States

I purchased the Handwheel 2 and the stand when i bought my Inspire 2 in late July.  The Inspire 2 works fine, the handwheel is a mess.  It has manufacturing defects and DJI knew it when they sold it to me.  The handwheel will not fasten to the stand without moving and disconecting.

I have contracted DJI support, the emails back say they are sending to higher level.  I want to return the handwheel and stand, i told them that.  It goes in one ear and out the other.

What i think they are doing is delaying until the 14 day return window has lapsed.

2017-8-8
Use props
roffen
lvl.1
United States

Just got an email from DJI Support_US.  they said:
2017-8-9
Use props
roffen
lvl.1
United States

roffen Posted at 2017-8-9 06:38
Just got an email from DJI Support_US.  they said:

Date: August 9, 2017 at 8:50:37 AM CDT
Subject: DJI_Customer Service-Updates for customers CRM:0693000000112

Dont worry, Were doing our best to resolved your concern quickly.

PLEASE DONT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.   <---never seen a this message before from them

Thank you for contacting DJI.

i thought i was buying from the best company for drones, actually my inspire 2 works great, but this customer service on a simple issue like this is concerning.  What if this was a really serious problem with the drone and you can't get an answer???

Best Regards,
DJI NA TECHNICAL SUPPORT
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

roffen, sorry for the trouble that has been caused, our engineers are working on locating the problem, would you please wait several days for further resolution? We truly apologize for the unpleasant experience.
2017-8-10
Use props
roffen
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-10 03:27
roffen, sorry for the trouble that has been caused, our engineers are working on locating the problem, would you please wait several days for further resolution? We truly apologize for the unpleasant experience.

The problem is not hard to locate, i am new to this and saw it once i screwed the stand on the handwheel.

I hope response time gets better, i own two Inspire 2's and am already dreading something going wrong with them and having to deal with a more complicated problem given the way this has gone.

I hope someone can "locate" the problem and send me either a new one or a fix for the one i have that does not work.

2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

roffen Posted at 2017-8-10 05:29
The problem is not hard to locate, i am new to this and saw it once i screwed the stand on the handwheel.

I hope response time gets better, i own two Inspire 2's and am already dreading something going wrong with them and having to deal with a more complicated problem given the way this has gone.

We are aware this issue, please contact our support to get refund if you insist. Sorry for the trouble caused.
2017-8-11
Use props
Arrow1969
First Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reference xglobalyst photo see his post. I ended up machine this shoulder it now fits perfectly DJI should be fixing this problem it's not difficult there are too many simple mistakes made by DJI come on to sort things out please.

Tony
071724qigj72g39lxt9cuc.jpg
2017-8-11
Use props
Arrow1969
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 87&fromuid=4811
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-8-11 23:17
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=103587&fromuid=4811

Thanks for your suggestion, Tony, we are sorry for the inconvenience and trouble that have brought to those customer who purchased Handwheel.
Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working on it. Thanks for your understanding.
2017-8-12
Use props
Arrow1969
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-12 03:22
Thanks for your suggestion, Tony, we are sorry for the inconvenience and trouble that have brought to those customer who purchased Handwheel.
Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working on it. Thanks for your understanding.

Thank's for quick to reply Mindy, It would be nice if DJI could send a replacement part when you have got it fixed.

Tony
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

roffen Posted at 2017-8-10 05:29

Roffen, please provide us the case number if support created ticket for you, thank you.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-8-12 04:40
Thank's for quick to reply Mindy, It would be nice if DJI could send a replacement part when you have got it fixed.

Tony

You can contact our support for the new stand when the problem gets fixed by our engineers later.
2017-8-14
Use props
GeoffT
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I bought mine in the UK 7th August, same issue, for anyone that needs a very quick fix and can't wait for the engineers to figure out what the problem is I've sorted mine out by sanding down that collar on the screw head, it needs to be almost entirely removed, it works a treat now. Seriously this and the stand costs almost as much as a Spark really poor to send out a product that hasn't been tested. This doesn't inspire confidence that other issues with this rather expensive bird and its even more expensive accessories are being given sufficient resources.
2017-8-14
Use props
roffen
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-14 01:28
Roffen, please provide us the case number if support created ticket for you, thank you.

Case Number CAS-865264Z2R1Y6
2017-8-14
Use props
roffen
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-14 01:28

Opened ticket 10 days ago
2017-8-14
Use props
roffen
lvl.1
United States

GeoffT Posted at 2017-8-14 04:03
I bought mine in the UK 7th August, same issue, for anyone that needs a very quick fix and can't wait for the engineers to figure out what the problem is I've sorted mine out by sanding down that collar on the screw head, it needs to be almost entirely removed, it works a treat now. Seriously this and the stand costs almost as much as a Spark really poor to send out a product that hasn't been tested. This doesn't inspire confidence that other issues with this rather expensive bird and its even more expensive accessories are being given sufficient resources.

I am reluctant to do much with it as far as altering the part.  I have tried very hard to find that bushing that will fit, ordered one, but the threads did not work.

I have ordered another 3/8 to 1/4 bushing on Ebay, that is my last hope to fix outside of DJI coming up with something.

R
2017-8-14
Use props
roffen
lvl.1
United States

I know what this guy is saying works and i agree with him if you can find the part.  I ordered from the link he sent me, but the outer threads on the bushing that they company sent did not match the wheel threads.   

R
2017-8-14
Use props
roffen
lvl.1
United States

roffen Posted at 2017-8-14 10:21
I am reluctant to do much with it as far as altering the part.  I have tried very hard to find that bushing that will fit, ordered one, but the threads did not work.

I have ordered another 3/8 to 1/4 bushing on Ebay, that is my last hope to fix outside of DJI coming up with something.

Got this bushing in the mail today, hopefully this will work until something positive happens with DJI.  The threads look like they are not correct, but going to see if it screws in without any trouble.

bushing.JPG
2017-8-14
Use props
roffen
lvl.1
United States

roffen Posted at 2017-8-14 11:31
Got this bushing in the mail today, hopefully this will work until something positive happens with DJI.  The threads look like they are not correct, but going to see if it screws in without any trouble.

this bushing did not work, the threads do not match, so i am not waiting on DJI and the $400 handwheel and stand are sitting in a box useless.
2017-8-15
Use props
roffen
lvl.1
United States

I saw this, where can i get the part, he left that out.  I should not be depending on me finding a part to make your part work correctly.

He also states that  "a new part came in", from where, if from DJI, where is my part??
2017-8-15
Use props
roffen
lvl.1
United States

roffen Posted at 2017-8-15 05:30
I saw this, where can i get the part, he left that out.  I should not be depending on me finding a part to make your part work correctly.

He also states that  "a new part came in", from where, if from DJI, where is my part??

I am sending this handwheel back as of today, will repurchase when it works, IF it ever works.
2017-8-15
Use props
roffen
lvl.1
United States

roffen Posted at 2017-8-15 10:02
I am sending this handwheel back as of today, will repurchase when it works, IF it ever works.

today i was able to go to a local machine shop, they took the 3/8 to 1/4 bushing that i purchased off ebay cut if off 1/8th of an inch.  this brass part that i bought now screws down in the focus wheel nicely and leaves enough room for the stand to attach tightly, unlike the way it arrived to me from DJI.   I still have the silver bushing that DJI included, but is useless.  The machine shop charged me $5, bushing on ebay was $4.99, what a deal.

will fly this afternoon and hopefully it will work and i can save myself the time of shipping it 7 days back to California to DJI.
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules